Pregnant Mommies Check in June 14th week

melanalyus

Cathlete
PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Oct. 2 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 16 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam - Dec. 15
bunekneck - Dec 26
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Happy day, ladies! Just got back from a picnic with DH, had lots of fun. Summer has finally arrived here in the Northlands. Now I'm off to take a nap. Tomorrow is our big day at the ob/gyn,...will have another u/s. I"m nervous, will fill you in when I get back!

Waves to all!

HI!
Melanie-Im so excited to hear about your u/s. I know everything will be great!
Jen-hope you had fun out by the pool!

Today we did a little baby shopping. Haley has been wanting to shop sooo bad. So we got a swing, bouncy seat, play mat, picked out a crib and stroller (they were out of stock for both), and highchair. We decided on the space saver high chair. It goes from infant to toddler and doesnt take up so much space. I remember Haley's big high chair getting in the way all the time. Haley wanted to buy pink everything!! I overdid the pink with her and want to go neutral..but I let her pick out an all pink bouncy seat..she loves it! We still have tons to buy but at least we got started. I have no idea what clothes I need to get. October can be hot or cold here..ya never know.

What strollers have any of you picked out? Since I know this is my last child I don't want to spend too much. The one I like is the Eddie Bauer Graco one..its 210 I think. If you guys know if a better one in the price range..please let me know! I had a Graco with Haley and really liked it.

I did push/pull again this morning, yesterday was rest day. I made a big pot of my lentil soup today.. Im hoping the extra fiber will help me!! I know its hot for soup..but I just love soup!

Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable for me. My hip pain comes and goes but now its my shoulders. Sleeping on my side just makes them ache. I go from side to side all night trying to get comfy. I think I might try sleeping in the recliner some??? We'll see.

Haley and Dh have been watching Star Wars movies all week. We are on #5 today.
Thats all the excitment I know for now!

Wow Susan! That's quite the shopping spree. Wowzers, now I feel like I need another nap after reading about YOUR day. :D

Did you have a good nap Mel??
Sounds like a lot of shopping but we did just hit one store. I was wiped out afterwards though. Haley could of gone on forever..she wanted to buy everything!!

Yeah, the nap was good. I ate alot of food at the party, vietnamese food. It was really good. I had a really nice bm today. :D I haven't used the Miralax for a few days now. I'm thinking that if I can get by with just using it a couple times a week, that'd be great. I'm gearing up to start my PN vitamins again soon too.

So, my spotting/bleeding has stopped & I'm really hoping my ob/gyn give me two thumbs up for intimacy. It's been a long time,...and I"m getting irritable & bothered,...if you know what I mean. I find myself having all sorts of naughty thought that I shouldn't be having with people that I shouldn't be thinking about. lol Oh,.......and we won't even go to my vivid dreams!!!!!

I've felt some pressue in my tummy last couple days. It reminds me of the slow movement that babies have in the last weeks before delivery,...when the baby is really tight & has nowhere to move. Obviously, my babies aren't that big yet,...but I'm hoping (and praying) that it's not braxton hicks contractions already. I wouldn't say they were "kicks" b/c those have felt more like "bubbles" to me early on....

Melanie-hooray on the bm! Hopefully dr will give you a go for some lovin! Speaking of that. During/after sex my belly gets hard as a rock for a few min. I asked the dr about it and he said it was normal...but it totally freaks me out.

Hahaha..neither..I promise. It just made me think of that. Its quite uncomfortable. I have been surfing about pregnancy and read that brax hx starts around week 22. I had them awful with Haley in the last 2 months.

Melanie, good luck tomorrow!

Susan, what a fun shopping trip today! DD has been picking out a few things for "the boy" (as she calls him). How great that Haley is so excited -- I bet the pink swing looks very sweet :)

For those who don't know (and who don't expect a shower this time), Babies R Us gives you a discount on anything left on your registry after the baby's birth. So, I put one together with the things I know we need. Not advertising it to anyone; will only tell folks who ask. But since it's stuff I know I need, I'll be happy to get whatever discount I can! I think it's 10% off.

Fortunately, we still have all our "big ticket items," as I put everything away even though I wasn't sure we'd have another. All of those things are gender neutral, so I'm glad we don't have to buy a lot of pricy items at this point. I was working full-time last time, so we had more money then LOL

Did a 9 mile walk today with my 3-Day training partner. I won't be able to do the walk this fall, but it sure felt nice to get outside! DD was disappointed I wouldn't push her stroller, but I figured I'd get too winded pushing her around LOL I get so winded so easily now.

Yuck Heart Burn

Morning, Melanie, Susan, Allison, and everyone else, too!

Melanie, keeping my fingers crossed on your u/s.

Susan and Allison, it sounds like you guys are on top of the baby shopping! I'm trying now to shop and get organized as I know the last few months I probably just want to rest. I bought a crib Friday and now have a crib, bassinet, and rocking chair in the baby's room. Already it feels tight with a desk and a bureau. I may need to rethink the decorating a bit.

We did stumble across a yard sale this weekend with a bunch of baby stuff. We got a bjorn baby holder (or whatever it's called) in mint condition for just $5 and a bunch of maternity stuff and baby DVDs for $2. I also picked up an exerciser that my friend says I'll need when the baby gets a little bigger. Hoorah for yard sales!

Last night I had horrible heartburn and still some indigestion this morning. For the first time in six months, I have no interest in food! I'm now sipping on a diet coke hoping that helps to settle my tummy. I read that indigestion actually may be a sign that the baby is growing hair! I have really natural curly hair and lots of it. It would be just my luck to have terrible heart burn for the next three months and the baby to be born with a full head of curls!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dawn

Last edited:
Dawn, I normally have awful heartburn,...and all my babies have been bald. SUPER BALD,...as in no haircut until their THREE!!!!!! lol

I'm off to see the doctor.... BBL

Morning!
No aches last night..just had to pee like a million times!! I did go right back to sleep though..so yayyy!
Melanie-see ya when you get back from the doc!

Dawn-I too had heartburn and Haley was bald til she was 3 :) Great on your deals at the yard sale. I never get that lucky! Heartburn sucks!!!!

Allison-THanks for the heads up on BRUS. A good friend of mine is gving me a shower this summer. Might as well register then get a discount for what I don't get! HIgh five on your long walk! Where do you get the energy!

Cardio of some sort today..probably LIS and IMAX3 step only..no blasts. I really hope for another Imax soon. I soooooooo hate long add on step routines..IMAX's are right up my alley!

Hi and top of the morning to everyone! BBS

Whoa. My indigestion here at work suddenly led to a real feeling of light-headedness. I wet my forehead for a bit in the restroom that helped a little. Then I went and bought a lollipop. Yup. A lollipup and I feel better. It's the strangest thing . . . I feel mentally bad if I eat a doughnut in the morning but physically bad if I don't. This must be low blood sugar. Hmmm. Gonna try a fruit-filled yogurt now. . . Oh confession just between us. I just took off my too-tight bra and that helps, too. I'm fairly confident no one can tell under this business suit. Please don't tell. :)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! You guys have been chatty! I felt so behind.... :)

Melanie- Good luck at your apopintment! I hope you get the green light for intimacy. I remember reading your X-rated posts while TTC and know what kind of appetite you have. ;)

Allison- Thanks for the tip about BRU! I've registered for the majority of my stuff there. I have a lot of friends/co-workers who are giving/letting me borrow the bigger stuff like swings, exersaucer, etc.

Susan- I registered for the all in one high chair too! Is it the one that sits on a chair? I think that is going to be so much more practical for us and it goes all the way to a booster seat. What do braxton hicks feel like? I did have a nice time in the pool yesterday and I did a great job with the sunscreen so I didn't burn. I got some nice color though at least I can be a tan pregnant women. :)

Dawn- Once we find out the gender (THIS THURS!) DH and I are hoping to hit some garage sales on the weekends. It is just so stinking hot here in Florida that we have to go early but it is still 80 degrees at 7 am. We usually love to go during the fall/winter time but baby will be here by then. Way to go for being so organized! We still haven't even bought our crib. We know what we want but just haven't gone to order it.

I have felt so much movement today! Usually I only felt him/her when I was sitting but now I feel him/her moving around while standing and I love the feeling! It just makes me smile thinking of my little one in there.

Hi to everyone! Hope you have a great week!

Dawn-sure sounds like low bs to me. I hate that feeling. Try to get some protein with the carbs.
Jen-yes, its the highchair that sits in a chair. I think we're gonna love it! Brx hx don't hurt at all. Your belly just gets rock hard. You'll know when you get them!

I have decided on Low Max..wish me luck!!!!!

Hi everyone!
Things here are crazy. My husband is in NY, and flying home tomorrow. We might have to move soon, which will be hard. Not sure that we can sell this house and straddling two mortgages is tough. My son and I will be on our own for a month or two, since my hubby will have to be at the new job...
Melanie- too funny about hte intimacy. I was repulsed by the smell of my husbands hair for the first triemster, but thankfully that is no longer an issue. But I forgot about hte second trimester libido. Holy cow. Poor Cathe's videos have been replaced during my son's naptime with a different activity. TMI, but true!
Susan- Have you considered a chiropractor? My friend is at hte same stage in her pregnancy and says that the chiropractor is helping a lot. She has bad hip pain.
Precilla- Hope you are feeling better!
Dawn- Do not worry about all the shopping. Just make sure you have a stroller, burp cloths, bottles, diapers and lots of clothes. They sleep and eat the first months! The big ticket items are great to get at garage sales and Craig's list. There are so many things that we bought that we never needed. I highly recommend a vibrating chair, when you really need to take a shower or poop, it is a great place to put baby and get a break. Great purchase on the Baby Bjorn. My son LIVED in his. You will have a strong back in no time! Woohoo!
Alison- AWESOME job on teh walk. It feels so good to be sore, doesn't it? And great to know you do the three day. My mom died when I was 8 of breast cancer. My mother in law does it every year in her honor.
Jenn- The ice cream cone you had has been on my mind for two days. We are going to get one after my son's swimming lesson today.
As for exercise, I have had a lot less stamina, I am lucky to get videos in three times a week. I am missing my arms. I hav also gone off the deep end on eating. I am going to focus on fresh fruits and veggies today.
If I forgot anyone, I will get a hello to you next time! Happy Monday all you preggos!
:)
C

Hi everyone

I'm at 15 weeks today and feeling better. The only thing is that I am always hungry but nothing sounds really appealing. I manageg to put on 2 pounds this weeks anyways and I think it's all belly because I actually look prenant now. I have attached 2 pics that were taken yesterday.

Melanie, crossing your fingers for you and hoping you get the OK to do what your are longing for ;0)

Susan, that sounds like a lot of fun to go shopping and get help from your DD. I only have DH and he's not into the shopping spirit at all

23jimbean, are you relocating within the same state? We just moved 6 months ago from CO and it can be a real nightmare

Dawn, I have been there too. For the past 2 months I have suffered from indigestion too. Pepcid Complete helps a bit but I also noticed that it happens when I eat red meat.

Jen, oh girl, I'm dying to feel my little one.

Allison, you're a real trooper. 9 mile walks... Awesome

Hi to everybody else I missed.
Off to prepare lunch

Attachments

• DSC00744.jpg
    DSC00744.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00748.jpg
    DSC00748.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 30
Hey!
I made it through Low Max..on no risers. Before I was preg I would use 2 risers and use a med ball for the blasts...thats history for now! I was winded with no risers!

Christine-no have never been to a chiro. Actually I have always been wary of cracking of my spine!! I have had 2 neck surgeris so Im very carfeul in that aspect. Stretching really helps the hip. I had this with dd too...I guess its just all the pressure. We had 2 mortgages for 2 years!!!! It about killed us. We finally sold our house in Mississippi this past Feb. For a while we didnt know what we would have to do. Where will you be moving??

Pracilla-you look great..what a cute bump!!!! My dh isnt really into shopping either....but suffers through it. AFter we picked out most of the stuff he asked if he could go look in electronics lol...I was nice and said yes!!

Im no help on the heartburn. Im hoping I skip that this time..but we'll see.

Haley and I are off to run errands..its hot and steamy here today..yuck!

Precilla! You DO TO have a baby bump!!! ...and it's adorable. :D

Christine~ come on now, do you really think you could TMI?!?!? :p

My appointment went well & was uneventful. :D Two beautiful bouncing babies with strong 150ish heartbeats.

I asked about a transnucal u/s & dr said it was too late (13 weeks is tops) and I'm 13.5 weeks. I mentioned that I'd want to see a peri for supplement care, he didn't really seem to think I needed one (but everything I've read said I do). TTTS (twin twin transfusion syndrome) isn't an issue until 20 weeks,...so I will try to make my first peri appointment closer to that point,...which would be end of July.

My next appt is 4 weeks, I'll be 17.5 weeks along & I won't have an ultrasound (first time).....so I'm looking at waiting a long while yet until we find sex out....which isn't really a big deal for me,....but seems to bother everyone else.

Summer has finally arrived! I"m going to take a little rest & then go outside for a bit.

Waves to all!

Melanie- I posted on FB but congrats for two healthy bouncing babies! The closer my gender u/s gets, the less I care about knowing. I am excited to see him/her again. But I don't think I will have another u/s for quite a few weeks after this one cause of my insurance.

C- My ice cream cone has been on my mind also. I think I might go get a quart of it from Brewster's (our ice cream place) to have at home. I'm sorry you might have to move soon. I think moving is such a nightmare that I don't want to do it for a long time. I'm not doing as great with my eating as I would like but oh well. I know myself and I will work hard to work it off after. Plus I like having a goal.

Priscilla- I LOVE your bump! You look so adorable! You will feel him/her soon, I just know it! But don't worry if you don't. I have days where I notice it more so than others. I won't worry about it until my dr tells me to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.