Pregnant mommas check in 5/4-5/9

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Morning ladies! Thought I would get us started! No workouts this weekend. :( We were just too busy and I was just too tired! DH is working on the baby's room and we will hopefully paint it Thursday after my u/s. We are putting in wood laminate floors and he textured the walls and took the popcorn off the ceiling. We are going to do all of the bedrooms and he is hoping (fingers crossed) that he gets them all done before the baby is born.

BBL to check in with everyone else! Have a great Monday!

Jen

Thanks for starting us off Jen!
I just am getting my energy back so I went overboard this weekend.
3 mi run
BM2 - upper body only
Stretch Max
8 loads of laundry
washed all the windows in my house
and am cleaning out the nursery so that we can also scrape popcorn off the ceiling and paint.
I am figuring to get all my prep work done in the next two weekends so that I can spend the long Memorial Day weekend painting.
I have company tonight, so no workouts.
Jen - what color(s) are you painting?

Cee - 12 weeks

Good morning ladies! Today Justin has PTC for preschool & I might take them to the park. These days I cannot plan much b/c I get tired so quickly & may just start barfing. lol

I"m trying to fatten myself up, I think I can start to see a little bump. I'm about 7 weeks along today.

Wendy, I'm with you about pg anxiety. It's really early for me, but I miscarried pretty late last time (14 weeks). I've even had a few dreams of bleeding & losing the babies. I'm excited but terrified too. I don't know when I'll begin to buy things or start the nursery. I wanted to get a couple cute "twin" maternity t-shirts,...but don't want to jinx anything. *sigh* I've had two cousins who lost twins in the last 3 years or so, they're really supportive,....

Okay, don't want to be a downer. :p

Thanks for getting us started, Jen. I'll have to get a cheat sheet ready. :D

Cee- My DH spent last weekend scraping the popcorn off the ceiling. It was such a mess! We picked out Classic Taupe. We really like neutral colors so we will probably stick with that whether its a boy or girl and then mix in some color here and there.

Melanie- I still have pregnancy anxiety and I don't know that it will ever go away. Some days are better than others but I have learned that it's out of my control at this point. I think that what is meant to be will be. That helps sometimes, others it doesn't. For this pregnancy I have stayed off the internet for the most part. That doesn't help at all for me.

Jen

Hi everyone,

I was off today so I spent the whole morning sleeping... I woke up with nausea but took a Zofran and it did the trick. I have been able to eat all day without nausea again.
Ladies, my libido is lowwww too, not too much action going on. I hope it gets better during the second trimester.
No workouts for me just yet, but my DVD player wasn't working so I got a Sony 5 disc DVD player. I'm excited about it and hoping I can use it soon to mish mosh some of my Cathe's DVDs.
I am 9 weeks today and I can see a little pouch. I thank God everyday, I waited for so long for this moment and I feel truly blessed. My next appointment is with the nurse on the 14th to get the bloodwork done and I get a sonogram on the 20th.

Good night everyone!

Precilla, you must be a week in front of me! I'm glad you ate good today. On my days off I have 2-3 naps. It's quite amazing to me. I did throw up today a couple times. :( I've been drinking a ton of water. What foods work well with you? So far, I can drink lemonade, & eat hashbrown potatoes (with lots of ketchup) and ramen noodles. Have you been working much? Have you had an ultrasound yet? You're so fortunate to get into the dr so quickly....maybe b/c of your dehydration/vomiting? I was going to have to wait until 2nd trimester, the only reason I'm able to get in quicker is b/c there are two in there.

My spotting has turned more into a light brown/greenish color. Eww. That sounds really gross, doesn't it? It's so very little--but I wear a pantiliner so I can monitor it. It amounts to like 1/4 of a dime on my "heavy" days to nothing at all on my "light days". I tend to have more on days I work....

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
HOpe everyone had a nice day. I did Jari Ripped and Chisled this morning. I ordered her new one today. Hope I like it.
Melanie-Where I live under normal circumstances dr's see us at 8 weeks and you get a vaginal ultrasound then. Then you start going every 4 weeks. It would drive me nuts to have to wait as long as you do.
Hi Jen-sounds like you and dh have some projects going on. We plan to get the inside of our house painted this summer. I did the kitchen while dd was gone over spring break.
Cee-HI!
Pricialla-glad you had a better day today!
Im off to bed! I have been tired all day.

Melanie, according to the online calculators, my due date is Dec 7th or 8th. I will know for sure on the 20th when my Dr do the sonogram. We might be in labor the same week if full term for you is anytime after 36 weeks. I tried lemonade but it didn't work for me. I prefer orange juice. I eat a lot of cup noodles as well, must be the salt in it, but it helps me. Bananas, 7up, cereal and tons of fruits (pineappleas and oranges specially). If you can keep drinking tons of water, then you're ahead of the game. Are you taking prenatals? I had to stop and just take regular vitamins or flinstones for the past 3 weeks. I try to incorporate as much folic acid as I can in my diet.
I am fortunate enough that I only work 3.5 days a week and my job is more of a delegate and supervise nature so I get to rest between patients a lot. I work in an office that was only opened 2 days a week until I got there 5 months ago, so it's slowly building up. I also live 4 miles from my job and we take 1 1/2-2 hr lunch, so sometimes I can get a 1 hr nap in. On my days off I sleep like a baby all the time...
Your spotting seems to be in the normal range, very light. I've read that is quite commom, specially with twins. Hang in there Melanie, we are all keeping you in our prayers.

Off to bed
Sweet dreams everyone

Hi, all! Happy Cinco de Mayo! It's the 9 year anniversary of meeting DH; alas, no margaritas to toast with this year :) Our wedding anniversary is this month too, so he thinks we don't need to acknowledge the date we met -- says it's too much for him to remember LOL

Yesterday kicked off Week 20. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I guess chasing around a 3 year old really passes the time, eh?

Melanie, my girlfriend had twins when she was 36. Carried them to 37 or 38 weeks before being induced due to pre-eclampsia (her only complication during pregnancy). Delivered both vaginally. I think they were 5+ and 6+ pounds and healthy! Another healthy twins story for you :)

Jen, sounds like DH had quite a task. That popcorn stuff is soooo gross. When are you due? And do you know what you're having?

Dragonfly, sounds like you had a busy weekend! I'm not a runner -- couldn't imagine running 3 miles while pregnant. You go, girl! And I hear you on the laundry...I think dirty laundry multiplies in the basket....

--Allison

Allison, thanks for positive story!

Precilla, I'm envious of your work schedule. I work 3-10 hours shifts per week. Which isn't that bad,....except I don't get a break (not even lunch) b/c I'm the only pharmacist on shift. So basically, it's 10 hrs on my feet. Plus I live about 70 miles away from my job, so you can factor another 3-4 hours of drive time per day (depending on weather). My current schedule is an every other day one...so that is going to help tremendously.

Well, I"m off to work....I'm trying to avoid the kitchen b/c it stinks really bad to me in the AM. :D

Allison- I am tentatively due Nov. 17th but that might change when I get my u/s this Thursday. I am 12 weeks this week! Woo hoo! It is such a milestone to make it this far! No we don't know yet what we are having but my instinct tells me it is a boy. Dh thinks so too but we will see if I am right or not. I'll find out Thurs when my dr wants to do the gender u/s.

Melanie- I had some weird greenish/orangish looking discharge in the beginning too. I wouldn't say it was spotting but just yucky discharge. I think it all sounds very normal. Wow! You have quite a drive to work! Just that alone would tire me out! You go girl!

Priscilla- I too am envious of your work schedule. I wish I could take naps during the day. I take hour long ones on the weekend but don't get any during the week.

Susan- DH put some of the paint on the wall with the texture he put on there and it looks so nice! We are so excited to see what the room looks like when he paints. I think he will be ready to paint the room Wed/Thur when he is off.

Hi to everyone else! Not much going on here, just real tired again this week. I didn't get a workout in last night and I didn't sleep good so I am starting to see a correlation here. :)

Jen

Hey ladies! I need your creative brains! I want to do something special for my mom for Mother's Day and incorporate the u/s pics from this Thursday. I thought about a cute frame but any other ideas????

Jen

Jen~ I've seen ultrsound pics made out in the shape of a heart? maybe that's not original enough? You could do a heart college? You'll have to let us know what you decide! Can you tell sex by 12 weeks? I thought it was closer to 20 weeks?

I got a Zofran prescription today for my nausea. The nausea went away,....left behind heartburn & a little headache. Still, better than vomiting!

Hope everyone had a good day!

Melanie- I am so glad you are not vomiting! That must be a relief but you still aren't 100%. Hang in there, sickness means good things! No I don't think you can tell the sex at all at 12 weeks but since he/she will look more like a baby than the first u/s I wanted to do something cute for her so she has a picture to show off.

Well hopefully DH gets the baby room somewhat painted today and tomorrow! I can't wait! And we have our 12 week u/s Thursday afternoon. So its a baby filled week! Hi to everyone else! BBL to do personals!

Morning!
Just wanted to say a quick HI. I have a ton to do today and will be back later for personals. Yesterday I walked 5 miles and I just got done with LIS. It is teacher appreciation week at dd's school and I am the co-chair so I have to be up there almost all day everyday this week.
Melanie-glad you are not as sick!!!
Jen-please post your u/s pic for us! Im excited for you!

Hey everyone!
Jen - Here is what I am doing for Mother's Day. I made a little 6"x6" scrapbook that goes like one of the baby counting books. My mom's is something like:
One little girl growing as fast as she can. <Picture of me as a kid>
Two people building a life together. <Picture of me and DH>
Soon there will be three when baby is born in November. <Ultrasound pic>

I made one for my MIL that has a pic of DH as a kid.
I just scanned all of the pictures, made the pages using publisher, and got good color print outs at Office Depot.

Happy humpday to all!

Hi everyone!
I am 17 weeks..yayyy. I am feeling some movement too..well its either that or gas!
This morning I did Jaris RRTC and took the dog on a longer than usual walk.
I have always had low blood pressure but its been really low lately...90/55...but I read in this weeks babycenter newsletter that is to be expected this trimester..so I feel better now. I have not gotten on the scale in a week but I know I have gained...I guess its only UP for a while now!
Jen-cant wait to hear about your u/s!!
Nothing exciting gong on today. Chores and errands. BBL

Hi everyone,

If any of your DHs are in the Maryland area, could they speak with mine?? :) This is our first child and he's such a procrastinator while I'm a planner. He doesn't seem to get that you can't wait 8.5 months to get the nursery ready. Oh well, I'm fixing it up little by little.

I took my 18-week ultrasound images and put them in a happy grandmother's day card for my mom. The card plays Over the Rainbow when you open it and signed it from her granddaughter-to-be. It was something small, but my mom just loved it for mother's day.

All is well for me at 19 months--starting to show a bit more though people at work say they can barely notice (I think they're just kind!). I did do 20 minutes on the stairmaster today and the back exercises from Cathe's CTX. What a great feeling of accomplishment--just that little bit.

Hope you all have a great day,
Dawn

HI!
Dawn-at 19 months you must be quite uncomfortalbe..hehe! I am really showing now. THere is no hiding Im pregnant anymore.
Melanie got a question. My Dr said it was safe to take Colace during pregnancy......I looked up docusate soduim and it said it could be harmful to the baby. Whats up with that??
Im putting off taking it until I am in dire need!
Hi to everyone!

Hi everyone! Appt went great! Baby is measuring 13w2d so my due date is now Nov 9th. HB was 149. The dr offered the down syndrome blood testing but said that from the measurements of the u/s it wasn't needed unless I wanted so I declined. He marked the spot on my belly so I can try to hear the heartbeat with the doppler I have so I will try in a few.

Here is one pic from the u/s! Enjoy!
scan0001-1-1.jpg

I am wiped so I will do personals tomorrow! Hi to all the pregnant mommas!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.