Pregnancy and New Mommies!!! Sept 28-Oct 4

Susank41

Cathlete
morning!
quick check in. I just saw on Facebook and update from Dawn. She had her baby girl, Morgan, on Friday!!!!!!

Running late this moring. bbs

Hey ladies!

Congrats to Dawn on her baby girl! Saw the post on FB too!

Not very chatty today. Stress with MIL and busy at work but everything with baby is good. Check back later!

Hi everyone,

First of, Dawn Congratulation. I saw your baby's pics on FB and she is adorable. I just read your post and sounds like you had a great experience. Ready for baby #2? LOL

Melanie, I've been following you as well, I hope you can bedrest at home, it must be hard to be so far away from your loved ones. I'm hoping those platelets go up and stay elevated. Your uterus measures 37 weeks WOW does that mean that you may have the twins in just a couple of weeks?

Christine, I hope you had a great weekend with your husband by your side. Is your boy totally recovered? The back belt I got is a pre and post pregnancy one. I got rid of the box and I can't find the brand but I got it at babies R us and it's not that big.

Jen, pictures, pictures!!!!!! I'm sure your pics turned out great

Wendy, If I recall correctly you are in your last week as well, Right? How is dad doing?

Mel2, YEAH for the hormone levels! Let's keep the faith up and wait for some more great news!

Allison, how is baby Drew sleeping at night?? Is he behaving well?

Hi Susan, Raciela and I'm sorry if I'm forgetting someone. I got to go.

Just 10 more weeks for me!!!

Check back later

Hi to everybody, sorry I haven't write anything but anyways, I'm 28weeks this week. I gained 16lbs, still working out but it's getting hard now.
Dawn- Congratulation to your baby girl! It's an awesome feeling & a relief, knowing that she's here & she is so beautiful. How is the sleep?

Hi ladies! I'm on my 1-hour internet pass......

Dawn!!! A BIG CONGRATS to you & your baby girl!!!!!!!! Yippie!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Mel (2), increasing HCG levels is VERY promising!!!! I know how difficult this must be for you! Sending super sticky vibes your way!!!

It sounds like all you preggos are doing good......Jen, you sound a bit stressed? Nothing like the inlaws to create that! LOL

Today my platelets were 2K over yesterdays. They seem to have stabilized last 2 days, but have not gone up. :( Ob/gyn has a hematology consult today....so it'll be interesting to see what will transpire there. :)

My bp is up/down ranging from 100/80 to 130/90s......but nothing severe as it was before I got in here. The nifedipine is working nicely to keep bp down & no contractions. The girls heartbeats are regular & steady and they're bouncing all over the place!

I've lost 4 lbs since being here...I believe mostly edema on ankles & wrists. I have my sexy ankles back. LOL OH!!!!! And I've had a BM last 3 days in a row!!!

My next u/s, cervical, fibernectin screen will be on Wednesday. I'll know more about how big the girls are (about 3-lbs) and if my cervix has shortened/started more funneling then.

At this point, ob/gyn is not prepared to send me home. He wants strict bedrest until delivery. I'm mentally preparing myself for a 6-7 week hospital bedrest. This will be difficult, but I'm prepared to do anything to keep these girls in my womb until they are 100% ready to come out!!

Precilla, you asked about my measuring size. The 37 week measurement was the size of my uterous (so the size of a singleton pregnancy at 37 weeks). This one of the reasons why my cervix is shortening.......b/c my body is "tricked" into thinking that 37 weeks is term & it's time to deliver. My girls are just 28.5 weeks gestation...and not ready to come out. If they were delivered they would spend up to months in the hospital preparing for discharge.

Well, that's about it! I look forward to reading about your updates....which I could be on more. My laptop should be here by end of week & I can keep better tabs on you gals. ;)

Waves to all!

Hi ladies,
Super busy today with eye dr appt, errands, studying, chores and cheer...whew..Im beat. I don't go to obgyn until Wednesday this week.

Melanie-good to see that you are hangin in. Im hoping your platelets levels rise and your bp stays low! Keep us posted and keep up the good work!

Mel2-Im thinking about you!!! Your situaltion sounds so similar to Melanies a few months back. Hang in there!!!

Hi Pricalla, Dawn, Christine, Kristine, Alllison, Cee,bunekek, and everyone!!!

Off to watch dwts and chill out!

Good morning ladies! Today will be better!

Melanie- Thanks for the update! It will be hard to be on bedrest but I like that you are already getting yourself in the mindset! We mommies do what we have to do to protect our youngins! I wonder if the BM's are getting better because you are more relaxed and your BP is better??? Just makes you wonder how all that is connected.....

Susan- Good luck with all your tasks today! Wish I was off and was out running around instead of at work.

Priscila- Yay for 10 more weeks! It will fly by girl! Hang on! I can't believe how fast this last trimester has gone! Hopefully I will get my maternity pics this week and I will post some!

Mel2- Still thinking about you and praying for your sticky beans and rising levels!

I'm excited because I have my first baby shower this weekend! It is my family/family friends one. Unfortunately my MIL decided to go off her rocker and has officially uninvited herself from the shower due to conflicts that she created with me and my DH. Oh well, I am very sad for her because it is her loss and I am sure she will look back and regret it. Such is life though. Then the following weekend is the shower thrown by my friends! Oh! And I got my first baby shower gifts from another forum I belong to and we had "shower buddies". She sent me the Fisher Price Soothing Seahorse which I LOVED! She also sent me a jungle brush set to match my jungle theme! It was nice to come home yesterday and find those packages!

Anyhoo- hope everyone has a good day!

Morning!
Hi Jen-yes today will be better for you!!! Sorry for the MIL drama! I remember those days! You'll have a blast at your shower.
Yesterday was my busy day. Today isnt busy...but I need to study alot!
Slept decent last night. Kara moved alot though...and has the hiccups right now. I think shes in this for the long haul! Unless my dr has good reasons I want to wait until my due date to talk about induction. I went into labor with Haley a day before my due date..so I want to wait and see if I do this time. If Kara isnt ready..then why rush, right. Im sure its for the dr's conveinence anyway!

Waves to everyone! Im off to get Haley to school and get busy. Gonna try and walk a couple miles.

Slow, slow, slow here. And no smut either. :( What am I going to do with you girls? :D :D

Susan~ any changes?

Melanie (2)~ (hugs)(prayers).....anxiously awaiting news!!

Jen~ sorry your MIL is being so difficult. DH told me today that MIL/FIL will be making a drive to stay with the kids when I go into labor. This is really a nice jester.....for her to be with her grandsons. She's very domesticated, so I know my house will be clean & my kids will be well fed. :) .....but I'm hoping she won't stay long after we return home with the girls. :eek::eek:

I"m on my hour internet pass. Nothing really new here.

I haven't gotten my platelets back today, but hematologist consult with ob/gyn came up with the same treatment we are doing. We are hoping they'll go up.....but not concerned unless they drop under 40K. Would like to boost up prior to delivery for safe c/s though....

BMs are amazingly regular. Hmmmmm. Love it. :) Maybe it's the regular food, rest, water,.... I LOVE seeing my skinny ankles & wrists again. :D NO EDEMA!!!

BPs is still bouncing around. As high as 135/80.....but still tolerable. The nifedipine give me hot flashes, makes my cheeks rosey. No contractions; girls heartrates, rhythm & activity remain awesome!!!

Doctor came in last night & spoke to me about strict at home bedrest. I voiced my concerns about how well that would work with 3-boys and DH at home. Him & his nursing staff are making a list for DH so he knows exactly what strict bedrest entails....and they are even looking into my insurance to see if light housekeeping coming into my house a couple times/week. It makes my heart happy to see medical staff go beyond their line of duty. One nurse even made my bed, got some special shampoo/conditioner, filled a "snack bowl" up for me, and had some fresh ice water in the room after my internet time a couple days ago. I almost cried!!!!

Waves to all you wonderful women!! Thanks so much for your encouragement, support & prayers. :)

Wow Mel! That is awesome about the nurses taking such good care of you! I wish everyone went above and beyond in their jobs like that. I hope your insurance can afford you some light housekeeping. That would be great. I am so so happy that the dr is taking this seriously and ensuring that your girls stay cooking a little longer.

My MIL seems to be having control issues. For some reason she doesn't feel as included in everything. This happened at the beg of pregnancy when I wasn't giving her regular updates after my first drs appt. And after talking with my mom last night, we think we know what triggered this outburst with her. My mom and I have spent time together doing my belly cast and my maternity pics and I have posted on FB about this. My mom wonders if she saw these posts and doesn't feel included (which she has been). Apparently MIL has made comments that my mom will see James more than she will because she lives farther away (a 40 min drive to MIL vs 20 min to my mom). I wish she wouldn't act like this and just support me and DH with everything. I know it hurts him that his mother is acting this way (she's not talking to me or him, because I shut the door on her the other night....long story)

Sooo....Mel, your MIL may not be that bad and I am glad that she will take care of your house for you! I wish I could count on my MIL not to go off her rocker every time she feels left out or jealous.

Congratulations, Dawn!! What wonderful news!! Glad you had an easy delivery and that you're both home now :) Now the real fun begins :p

Jen, I am of the opinion that it's not YOUR job to facilitate a relationship between James and your MIL. It's up to her and to DH. My MIL has had similar episodes as well, and she gets digs in when she can. Well, MIL, the phone works both ways. MIL can call you to make plans, just as your own mother does, kwim? Don't let her ridiculous behavior in any way detract from your shower or your pregnancy. She's being immature and needs to get over it (can you tell this annoys me for you? LOL!).

Melanie, sounds like you're doing wonderfully on bed rest. I'm sure you're actually getting some sleep now too! Are you up to date on the drivel that is afternoon TV? LOL

Susan, you're due in 2 weeks, right? How crazy is that?!?! Suddenly all the babies are coming!

Christine, hope your weekend with DH was relaxing and enjoyable. I also hope you and Jimmy are both feeling better.

Priscilla, Drew still hasn't quite grasped the real day and night schedule; his most alert hour of the day is 11:30 pm to 12:30 am. Stinker! But he's not very fussy, which is great! He's very alert and has already gained a pound (in 12 days!).

I thought of 2 more things everyone needs when they have a baby: rubbing alcohol with cotton balls (to use around the cord stump until it falls off) and for those of you having boys, we were told to load Vaseline onto sterile gauze to wipe on the circumcision, so you might need both of those if you're doing the circ. You leave the gauze on, as a barrier between the skin and the diaper, so the diaper doesn't stick to the wound.

Melanie - I'll be sending prayers your way that your little girls hang in there until they are ripe and ready to come out! Rest up and hope your bp behaves. Thinking of you girl!

Lisa

Hi
Just a quick note, I am at work so BBL for personals

My HCG went from 30k to 40k, so this is good!
Now just the US on Thursday.....

Melanie2

Morning!
Didint make it back yesterday. Did some baking ans studying, did LIS and walked 30 min. Going to dr at 1 today!

Melanie-thats great about your nurses helping you out so much. It would be aweseome to get some help around your house too!! When you get home you need a laptop in your bed....we don't get enough risky convo without you here more!! Keep us posted!

Jen-I totally agree with Allison about your MIL. My MIL was the same way!! She is now in her 80's (had dh in her 40s) and mellowed out.....but for a few years ..grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Of course you will have a closer relationship with YOUR mom...what does she expect?? Its like my MIL always wanted us to feel sorry for her..drove us nuts.

Allison-yep 2 weeks..YIKES!! Hope you guys are adjusting well!

Mel2-thats great about your levels!!!! I'll be thinking and praying for you!!!

Didnt sleep at all last night. Will try and walk later this afternoon. HUNGRY!!

Allison- You make such an excellent point and I didn't think of it like that. You are SOOO right, it is not my job. She is just being evil right now and is even posting stupid comments on FB so I spoke to DH and I deleted her. I really think that she has a mental health issue. I do not want her in my life until she gets some help. Thanks for the tips on other things we need for our little ones! I'm glad to hear that Drew is not fussy!

I have one more hurdle with her because she was invited to my friend's shower in two weeks and I am not sure how to handle it. If she doesn't stop all of this nonsense before then, I feel it is my duty to email her and inform her that she is not invited due to her behavior. The only thing that makes it difficult is DH's cousin is coming down from Michigan and was supposed to come to the shower with her. The cousin is more than welcome but MIL is not. But I will worry about that later I guess....but if you have any suggestion feel free to post them!

On a happier note, the weather in Florida is cooler today and it makes me so happy! I love when our weather starts getting cooler, its gives me more energy, even when not pregnant!

Susan- Good luck at the dr's appt and thanks for sharing about your MIL. It helps to know that I am not the only one.....Sorry you didn't sleep last night but pretty soon it will be for a beautiful reason!!!!

Mel2- You are still in my thoughts! Will be thinking of you on Thursday and praying for sticky beans!

Waves to all! Have a great day!

G' Morning all!

Slow day here at work! I slept good last night. Not much to report today...

Jen, sorry for all the MIL drama. Me and my MIL have a cordial but very distant relationship, we don't even call each other. I don't give any updates and she just ask DH for them. I think she still may be feeling a little embarrased on how she handled things before she met me. Sometimes I feel like I should include her more in my life but like Allison said the phone works both ways. I don't have any bad feelings for her but I feel like there is a wall between us and the fact that she lives in CA ( I am in TX) makes it harder. I hope all the drama is gone soon, that's the last thing you need these days!

Melanie, I'm happy you're being treated right, I hope you can return home soon and just have bedrest from there. If you think about it it's just a little more time. It's all worthy

Mel2, YEAHHH for those hormones going up!! Please keep us posted after your US

Allison, he gained 1 pound already. That's great, I've read that they normally loose some weight right after birth. I need to go back and find that list you gave us for the hospital stay and the babies

Susan, are you getting an US today? It seems that you and Wendy are next in the list.

Chrsitine, I know you haven't been feeling good lately (I read your post in FB) I really hope you are on your way to recovery, It's hard to be preggo, away from the loved ones and with a kid that really misses his dad. Hopefully in a couple of weeks you are all together and stress free. HUGS

Hey!
Ok back from the dr. I am still at 3 but having some major rectal pressure!!! Anyway I am very thin and he says it could happen any time. So if I still pregnant next Wenesday when I go back we will induce on Thursday the 8th.

I have never spotted after an exam..but today I did. Should I call the dr or is this "normal"?

Hi Pricilla and Jen!!

Hi gals, I'm on my dailly "hall pass". LOL

Everything is looking stable from here & I'm looking to be discharged tomorrow AM on strict at home bedrest. DH was very optimisitc today....wanting to take me home so he could "take care of me". :eek: I hope he doesn't get bored with me. I'm looking into hiring some light housekeeping 1-2 times per week so he doesn't get burnt out.

Platelets have not gone up, but have stabilized. I will continue on a steriod taper & have labs done every 2-3 days. Goal is to keep them above 40K (they are currently 60K).....and to have stronger steroids/immunoglobulins 1-2 days before c/s so I can have a spinal c/s.

Blood pressure bounces a little, but doctor is most pleased that there have been no contractions.....which there as not been. I will continue on nifedipine at home (every 6 hours).

U/s looked great today. Translabial showed no more shortening/funneling of cervix. My girls "switched"...they are fighting over who will get out first. LOL They are both around 3-lbs each. One baby is super low *YIKES*!!!

I've lost over 10-lbs since I've been hospitalized!! I've been eating like a horse & just laying around.....but with my regular BMs, frequent urination, and zero swelling.......well I'm just lighter!!!

Mel (2)~ this is EXCELLENT news about your HCG levels. Still praying for you girl!!! Thanks for the update!!!

Christine~ I haven't been on facebook, but it sounds like your having a rough time. Hang in there.

Precilla~ you must be feeling good?

Susan~ any moment!

Jen~ (hugs) on in law crap!

Waves to all!!! Chat again tomorrow!

Hey Melanie!! So sweet of your dh...he'll take good care of you!!! I know they have missed you. Im with you on the BM's......today I have gone like 7 times.....I feel nice and cleaned out!!
I am just so happy things are going good for you and the girls!!! Hang in there..going to get Haley!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.