Postparden:clean eating/working out moms! Dec 27

Susank41

Cathlete
Hey ladies!
Just getting us started while having some coffee.
Allison-good to see you! Good idea on the Leslie vids. I got alllll of her vids and used while pregnant. If you want them for a quick walk with Drew let me know and you can have them. I will never do them again..that woman gets on my LAST nerve lol....but they got me to move while pregnant.
Melanie-sorry the girls are sick...that makes nursing soooo hard. Hope you got some sleep! I like your list to help keep yourself accountalbe!!!
I won't be working out today. When Haley gets up we are headed to Walmart...then back home to get ready for the trip. We won't get home until 10 or so tonight. I am worried Kara will sleep so much in the car that she'll be up all night.
Everyone have a great day and I will bbl.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting us started....and I LOVE the fact you mispelled postpartum....b/c I misspell words all the time (does "misspell" have to "s's" or one?).

I completed day 4 of Insanity today, but I"m not sure I'm going to continue with it b/c it's very "drilly" and I'm not a drill-fan. *sigh* I was really hoping to use this to get myself back into shape....but it's not like I don't have Cathe's STS!!! Today I did Insanity for 40 minutes and felt depressed....then I jumped on elliptical for 20 minutes & got a major endorphin release!!!

I have eaten really good so far today. :) I plan to follow the Southbeach Diet detox for 14 days, so today is day one. So far so good. :D This means NO Mountain Dew or candy.

Susan, how did your trip go? I'd be concerned about Kara not nursing all day long if she sleeps so long.... Will you get engorged?

I'm off to cook stirfry...full of yummy veggies....and a full glass of milk...... :D

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I spent the day with my parents and DH and of course the baby. He's sleeping better at night, usually he wakes up at 3-4 am and then around 6.

Dawn, do not feel bad to let your baby cry at night, it really gets better over time. Mine used to cry for about 15 minutes straight before getting tired but lately if he cries he just cries for 3-4 minutes and finally gives up. It was Dh's idea, I would be crying in bed as well but Dh is stronger than me.

Allison, I did like Athletic step a lot, mainly bc there were no many complicated steps. I haven't previewed the other step w/o but that's on my to do list. I finally got the diet log and I will start using it tomorrow. I read it already, it's so easy to read. Thanks for the idea.

Jen, I'm terribly sore too but mine doesn't feel wonderful at all. Two days ago I did No more troble zones (Jillian) and it almost killed me. I was using three pounders, but it must have been my own body weight that killed while trying to squat or lunge LOL

Melanie, thanks for the link! The concept sounds interesting. I hear you when you say how frustrating it is to not fit in your clothes. I have about 18 pounds to loose and I haven't seen the scale move any lately. I may be undereating or my body may be holding up few pounds due to the whole breasfeeding thing which I'm not willing to give up on just yet. I hope your girls get better soon

Susan I agree with you, Leslie can be really annoying but I think they get the job done when my energy is low

Christine, my clogged duct is much better I'm glad that I listened to all of you and got treated. I go back on Wednesday for a check up

I wanted to ask you mommas, other than clean eating of course, what kind of workouts is better to loose all this weight (circuits, separate cardio and weights or cardio and weights on the same day like CTX) I'm just doing what I can handle for the day but I need a plan or strategy, what has worked for you in the past?

Looking forward to hearing some recommendantions and be back later

morning
kara's in my lap so I will TRY and type.
Melanie-our trip was good. It's only 3 hours there...so Kara wouldnt be going too long without nursing. I was just concerned with her napping throughout the 6 hour round trip that it would mess up her night. I nursed her right before we left, when we got there, and before we left lol. We left at 3 and she probably slept 2 of the 3 hours to get there....she stayed awake while we all ate and then slept just about the whole way home. We got home about 10:45..I nursed her and she went right back to sleep. SHe did get up at 2 to nurse, then up at 5:45...but that isnt too bad.
I kinda changed my mind on my game plan. I am going to combine cardio with full body weights for a few weeks. Until I get on a set schedule I want to make sure I get full body weights in and with 4ds I cant be sure I"ll get in every body part.
This morning I did Get Ripped and it felt good. I will do whatever weight workout sounds good for that day...then same with cardio.
I did good with eating yesterday until on the way home I ate about 15 mini reeses!!! I had the best cedar planked fish and brocolli for dinner, then messed up big time. OH well!
ok kara is not pleased right now. I will bbl

Hi all,
Thank you for the many kind words. Things are okay, here. I have been havign some tough days, fatigue adn some depression, making for a not so great momma. Last night was better, as far as sleep, so that is good. John had a few all nighters over Christmas. He gets constipated, so he would get hysterical if he needed to poop. I added some brown sugar to his foramula and that got things rolling, so he slept well last night, waking up to eat at midnight, and three. He woke up again at 6. I had every intention of putting on some workout gear and doing a Cateh video, but decided to have coffee and relax. I have about 6 pounds left to lose, but it feels like more. I was in such good shape before, so I have a lot of muscle tone to regain.
Priscilla- Do not get discouraged. With my first baby, I had weight stick around longer than I expected. What I found was that lack of sleep was the culprit... Once I got better and more consistent sleep, I lost a bunch of weight. As well, I am one of the few women out there who does not lose weight nursing. When I pumped with my first, I held onto an extra 10 pounds or so. When I went to formula and let my milk dry up, I had tremendous weight loss. I guess my hormones were having me keep extra weight/ fat to make milk. You will find that you will start sweating at night a lot, and weight will peel off.
Confusing your body helps the weight come off, changing up the type of exercise every day. When I lost it the first time around, I would walk or run in the morning and do a short video in the afternoon. Circuits werew helpful. I noticed a lot of weight loss occurred when i added weights to my workouts, nothing big, up to 8 pounds max. I also got a weighted body bar to make me work harder on squats and biceps...
You are all being so good about eating well and getting to the workouts! I have somehow gotten completley derailed since John was born. I was so careful my whole pregnancy and now I am being lazy and having burgers and beer. Oh well. FIgure it will all even out somewhere. I am too tired to do much. The adrenaline from all our drama has worn off and I am worn out!
Hope you are all having a quiet and wonderful week. I am anxious to get my shock cardio, it still is not here. I am hoping that I still get it. I had told them to change my address in teh system when we moved, but you never know...
:)
C

Good morning! Just sitting here drinking coffee while James is sleeping. Our night was okay. He ate at 11p but didn't fall back asleep until 1a and then was back up at 230a and ate but slept after that until 9 am so I can't complain.

I've been worried the last few days that he isn't gaining like he should and actually think he may have lost some weight so I've decided to pump and give him BM in a bottle to see if I see an improvement. I'm going to call his ped today to see if we can do a weight check. I know he has gotten longer, not sure how much, (I need to measure him) because some of his newborn clothes are almost too short but he is also a skinny kid so I know he isn't going to look chubby. I don't want to supplement with formula but I will do whatever I have to do to make sure he is healthy. He is still alert, has 5-7 wet diapers and has met his milestones but I think he needs the extra ounces to gain. Plus I go back to work next week I should get in the habit of pumping more.

Priscila- I have been doing whatever sounds good for the day. I am going to try to do CC on the TM today. I did upper body pyramid yesterday which was good because it hit the whole upper body for the week. Once I go back to work and DH is home with James I think I will have more of a set workout schedule. At this point, I think cardio and weights is your best bet. I do agree that your body may be hanging on to the extra fat for breastfeeding but we also have to make sure that we eat enough. I have had more mini meals lately and I noticed my weight went down again by 5 lbs so I have about 5 more lbs to lose and lots of toning to do. Try increasing your calories throughout the day and make sure you get plenty of water.

Christine- HOw does brown sugar work for constipation? Never heard that one?? I have been enjoying my fair share of beers here and there. It sounds selfish but that is one perk that tempts me to stop breastfeeding. Relaxing sounds much better than working out. It only helps mentally if you want to do it, not if you force yourself to do it. You will find your groove and get back into it. Cut yourself some slack momma.

Melanie- That's interesting what you write about Insanity. I wondered if I would like it and didn't want to spend all that money on it and then not want it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. Maybe I will just stick to CC and Cathe.

Susan- It's funny that you changed your mind on your workouts too. Its still a little difficult to have a set schedule right now so I am just trying to do what I can and hit all body parts, esp butt.

Well, I'm off to do some chores before James wakes up.

Jen- Sugar in general helps constipation. I love the book the Portable Pediatrician, it helped me a lot during Jimmy's first few years... She tells people to add some brown sugar to water or formula to get the poop going. Sugar in juice helps too, but I am not a fan of juice. I am sure that your pediatrician will help you figure out what works best for you and baby James. Jimmy's bet friend, Rocco, was always in the 5th percentile on weight, and his mom worried too. Her doctor assured her that as long as he hit development milestones, had enough pee and poop, she was okay. Every person does what works for them best! If you do use formula, do not fret. We do. You have given him a great gift by nursing him initially, that colostrum is like gold.
Anyhow, off to run. I weighed in super heavy today. Darn beers. They are good, though. I like the Blue Moon Ale with a piece of orange in it. Mmmm.

Got my shock cardio today! I tried the MMA Fusion. I liked it and will be super sore, but i have no coordination still. I guess there is still a lot of Relaxin in my joints. Let me know if you have tried any...

Hi ladies
Kara was up a lot today so I never made it back earlier. I just put her down 7:45..so Im hoping shes down for a while. She went to sleep without nursing, so I know she'll be hungry soon.
Christine-I hope you get some sleep tonight! I get my Shock Cardio tomorrow!
Jen-hey! My dr told me that as long as kara poops, pee's, eats all should be good. Let us know what your dr says about James.
Melanie-how are you? Are the girls colds better??
I did workout this morning...but eating has not been stellar today...grrrrrrrrrrrr...makes me so mad!
Pricilla-your weight will come off..I agree with Jen..I noticed if I eat mini meals the weight comes off...and cardio and weights.
Tomorrow I plan on cardio...probably low max
OH-any suggestions for socks that acutally stay ON baby's feet???
Gonna go watch a movie with dh. See you ladies in the morning!

I did Athletic Step today & liked it alot. It reminded me of how out of shape I am in though....really I'm uncertain about the Insanity thing....not sure how much I hate it b/c it's "hard" or b/c it's "drilly" and I don't like drilly?

I am nothing short of amazed at how weak I am....and it really pisses me off. After spending 15 years exercising hardcore...and to have been hospital bedridden....just doesn't seem fair that I now feel like I am at square one again. :mad::mad: Don't get me wrong, the girls were totally worth it....it just doesn't seem fair that I have to be so weak!!!!

Eating has been good so far today

B: two wholesome oat muffins
S: coffee & almonds
L: stirfry and milk
S: almonds & protein smoothie
D: stirfry
S: great grains cereal

NO soda or candy for second day in row. Also I have been pushing the water big time. This is what it takes....and I'm willing to do what it takes. DETERMINATION. GGGGRRRRROOOOOWWWWLLLLLL!!!!

Susan: Joe Boxer infant socks are perfect for staying on feet. You can also put the socks UNDERNEATH sleepers to keep feet warm.

Prescilla: I've always used a combo of weights & cardio & clean eating to lose weight. I don't like weight work too much, so I did a 3:1 ratio (three cardio workouts to one weight workout). Below is an example of the weekly workouts that I did last time (lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks):

One cardio & weights
One Interval
One weights
Five to Seven all cardio (I often added a 30 minute 'second' workout daily)

Jen and Priscilla- I forget but one of you asked this, and I agree with Susan, it comes off with more food! Crazy! Okay, blew it and had fried orange chicken stir fry tongiht. Off to bathe John and get to bed before he parties.

Good night everyone

Thanks all for your words! I just can't help it to feel a little concerned when I haven't seen any changes on my body lately. I did workout this morning though, I did 10-10-10 Cardio portion from CTX and a full body workout. I have been previewing the Slim Series DVD which I got before I got pregnant but haven't seen them yet. I think I may do cardio for 2 days, full body workouts for two days and a circuit workout another day and see how that works for a while. I may alternate btw Cathes full body w/o and circuits, Jari and Slim series. Hopefully I can achieve something before I get bak to work on the 19th, ,otherwise I may have to invest on new clothes since nothing really fits right.

Christine, I have only tried Athletic step and I love it so far. I have previewd most of them though and I want to do the 30/30 HIIT soon

Jen, James is behaving very good for what I hear. I take it he's sleping for that long without any formula supplementation right? I breast feed 90% of the time but Daniel gets really hungry around midnight and I usually have to give him a couple of ounces of formula.

Susan, which movie did you watch? I may get Netflix, with a newborn I doubt we make it to the theater any time soon

BBL and keep up the good work with the workouts!

Morning
Low max is done! Eating good so far..but its just 9
I plan to post meals and weight starting monday

Not sure what K and I will do today. I really want to get in my closet and get rid of some clothes etc.
HOpe everyone else is good today!
Pricialla-we watched the new Harry Potter. Netflix really come in handy these days!

Morning ladies! We are up and taking James to the dr to see what he says about his weight gain. James did great last night, slept from 930 until 4a. Would have been great except mommy and daddy stayed up til midnight.

Well I did CC V1 yesterday and it was amazing! I ran for ten minutes (which even I was impressed after not working out during pregnancy) and I guess my body remembered. On some of the level 2 parts I had to walk to catch my breath but my legs felt great! I am starting to feel like myself again.

Hi to everyone! We are off to find some long pants to put under James' suit for a wedding we are going to this weekend and its supposed to be cold in N Florida.

Well James is only weighs 1 oz more than he did at birth but his pedi wasn't too concerned. He seems to think he was gaining and then slowed down so he wants me to supplement BM in a bottle after every feeding if he doesn't seem satisfied after nursing. I am very pleased that he didn't push formula on us but he did give us a bunch of samples which will come in handy should we decide to stop nursing. His 2 month check is in two weeks and he said he will wait to see him at that appt but otherwise he is perfectly healthy. Yay James!

Ok mommy and daddy are going to try and get a nap!

Great news jen!
I just made some lentil soup and Kara fell asleep in her high chair while "helping me".

Do you find that when baby sleeps good at night they take better naps and vice versa???

Ate some cookie dough...so waaaaa on me!

Last edited:
Jen, sorry I missed your post about being worried about James weight gain. :( I'm glad pediatrician wasn't concerned. With my preemies the NICU wanted me to bf, then supplement (we called it a "chaser")with formula (or bm) in a bottle to be sure they were getting enough to eat. We did that for just a couple of days...but the girls never needed it....so we stopped it.

There is also booster that can be put into bm bottles that increase the caloric content of the bm....

Today I did CC1, 3 miles. Felt great. I might try to do Travel Fit later too...if time (the girls) permit. ;)

Clean eating is paying off....burned off another 2 lbs. :D

2nd workout of the day: TravelFit........

....the girls were great sleepers today. I even got all my Christmas stuff put away!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.