Oh... we are in so much trouble!

tchersue

Cathlete
Robby has been a little too busy for his own good... he started rolling front to back at 2 weeks and recently figured out back to front... and, as of today (he's 3 1/2 mos.), he is officially sitting up on his own now for up to 30-45 seconds (propped on his hands... sometimes he puts his hands on the floor and sometimes on his feet to stay up), and even lifted up one hand to reach for a toy today while he was sitting there. Eventually he'll sort of roll onto his side, but ACK!!! Aaron didn't do this until he was 5-6 mos. old...

It's kind of funny because with Aaron I was always worried about him doing everything early or on time... now with two little ones, I'm not at all eager for Robby to be mobile.

You should see the smile on his face when he sits there... it's like he's sooo proud of himself.

Oh, yes... we're in BIG TROUBLE!
Susan

Susan! You are too funny! Your post made me laugh because I've been crazed trying to memorize the APGAR scores as well as have been printing out a whole bunch of stuff on "Ages and Stages" to make sure my baby is "on-schedule". I'm sure next time I'll probably try to "stunt" the process!

Soudns like you are having some fun!

jeni

OMG... with my first...

I looked at the "What to Expect in the First Year" guidelines religiously every month... typically, he'd be ahead in a few areas and right on the others... and then once in awhile, he either hadn't done something or hadn't had the opportunity to do something, like when it said he should be able to "build a tower of 6 blocks." Well, he had Legos, but we didn't have "blocks" per se... so then I began to think that maybe I'd been a bad/neglectful mama for not getting him blocks LOLOL... I got him blocks, and then was like, "Hey, Aaron... don't you want to make a big tower?? Don't you want to put one more block on that tower??" LOL

Hee hee... if you're like the rest of us normal but obnoxious mamas, you'll be so amazed and thrilled with every landmark... and you'll feel like you've got the most gifted child in the world when the baby reaches a landmark early! That's what grandmas are for... when you share baby's accomplishments, they are usually even more excited than you are LOL :)

Oh, you must be so excited!!
Susan

RE: OMG... with my first...

That's great news for Robby, but not for you! Hah!

I'm obviously a first time mom, because I'm trying to TEACH our little one to roll and sit. What am I, crazy?

I remember worrying that my daughter was slow to talk. Said her first words at 14 months. Never shut up since.

Oh I can't wait to join the craziness and have the stories to tell. Until then, I'm enjoying your's and sharing them with DH.

That's me!

Susan, you are so right. I catch myself going on & on & on about things Kennedy has accomplished. This is usually with my friends that are either childless or grandchildless. I know there are times they just sit there in a daze thinking, OKAY, so she stood up and walked around the table. They probaby think, aren't kids SUPPOSED to do that?? Ha! They just don't understand that I have THE MOST gifted grandchild in the world! I'm sure there are many here that would dispute my comment!!! ;-) Like you said, that is what Grannies are for!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Susan! Wow, he is very advanced for his age. Kyle is 5 months in 4 more days and he is just starting to do the roll over thing. Hugs to the little fella's! Take Care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.