Oh my...I AM PREGNANT!!!

jeffsmom

Surprise! Having sex with your husband could lead to having a baby! I practically hyperventilated! I am thrilled and wanted to share it with everyone. It will be my second; I have one 8 YEAR OLD BOY already and this was a total surprise. We really were not planning on anymore but I am very excited! Anyone have them this far apart??

So, Cathe gets done and I start! I hope to keep up my workouts as I have but I may not do IntervalMax or Cardio Kicks at one time. I really work out hard and I think I should watch my heart rate. But I hope to weight train all the way through. I gained 70 lbs (thats right...70) with my first and that WILL NOT happen this time. I have such a hard time with my diet that I need to be careful. Anybody have any suggestions for me on will power? Wow...my heart is racing just typing this! (Found out this morning.) And to think I was just about to sell my baby stuff at a garage sale!!!!!!!! Whew... !!!!:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm nearly 3 months along with our first and wanted to congratulate you - how exciting!

I have no advice to offer re working out/ eating whilst pregnant I'm afraid - severe nausea this week has been my form of weight control :(

Congratulations again - and make sure you introduce yourself properly on the introduction thread!

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Congratulations!

What exciting news! I am in the middle of a "surprise" pregnancy myself and know what a shock it is! My youngest (twin boys) will be 8 when the baby is born, so we are in a similar situation!
As far as your workouts go, you are not supposed to do interval training while pregnant, so if you choose to do Interval Max, make sure that you modify and don't go anaerobic. Otherwise, listen to your body and don't exhaust yourself. You can do searches in the Fitmoms forum and find lots of great information about exercising during pregnancy.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy!
Erica

Fitnik...

hope you feel better soon. That pregnancy nausea can be so miserable!
Erica

Oh how exciting!

Congratulations!!

I think that just moving your body is great for willpower... I'm 37 1/2 weeks now, and I notice that on days I go swimming or do some resistance exercise, I'm less likely to go for the "bad stuff."

Keep up the weight training (your muscled body composition will keep your whole metabolism more efficient) but keep it moderate -- sometimes in the 2nd or 3rd trimester you either have to cut back or go to resistance bands because the hormone relaxin effects the joints sometimes...

My sister is having her 3rd child in October... she'll have an 8 year span between her 2nd and 3rd as well (the first two are more like 17 mos. apart!). She actually feels a whole lot better this pregnancy even though she's 36 now...

Susan

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news. I am 16 weeks pregnant, due in October. My older daughter will be 9 in October, so we are in similar boats ( I also have a 5 year old daughter who will be 6 in November.). I think it will be exciting having them this far apart. My kids are thrilled (I will have good little helpers and I'm sure you will have a very helpful boy, too).
I have found that so far I have had to modify just a tiny bit with the weight lifting ( lowering my barbell 5 or 10 pounds for squats) and more on cardio ( I dropped my step to 6 " and modified some of the higher impact moves). I have also noticed in the last 2 or 3 weeks that my workout has gotten easier to do because my normal energy has now returned. Thank God!! I would suggest to just listen to your body and do what feels good.
There are also some great questions and answers in the archives were Cathe, Sheila, Sue and others explain modifications and what we should and shouldn't do.
Keep us all informed on how things are going. Enjoy!!
Becky

Thank you for all of your well wishes everyone. It is truly an exciting time. I have not told anyone except my husband (of course) and our parents. We will go public in a few weeks. I did rythmic step yesterday and it was great. I can see where I will have to modify the choreography later...I remember iwth my first one I eventually felt like a klutz and I am pretty coordinated.

Thanks for all of the good info on weight training etc. I am going to listen to my body (baby) and try to maintain my level of fitness while lightening up a bit on weight and cardio.

I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and feel the little bugger...and nurse, and rock him/her to sleep, and smooch him etc.... :)

Congratulations!!

How exciting! Good for you on listening to your body but also making a commitment to staying healthy this pregnancy. Let us know when you get to hear that first heartbeat! NOTHING like it!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.