My baby's heartbeat

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Well, I'm 15 weeks and yesterday my husband and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat! It must have been quite the experience for me, or just freaked me out, because I could NOT stop laughing! We both got a little misty eyed but that did not deter my laughter. I don't know really what was so funny about it but I think I just got a case of the giggles at hearing a heartbeat from my belly rather than feeling for my carotid or radial pulse! Anyhoo, next month I'm going to ask them to do it again and I'm going to try and keep myself together!

ps - mister-sister has a STRONG heartbeat!:)

Congratulations Tammy! I am also 15 weeks. Just curious, when is your due date? Ours is September 13th. I started giggling when then did the ultrasound and saw the baby moving around so much, I tried not to laugh because everytime I did, it messed up the picture. Good luck to you!

Liz

Hey Liz! My due date is 9/9. I haven't had an ultrasound yet - only the doppler thing. Have you felt the baby move yet? I haven't. I was on Stornet.com and read all these stories about different women's experience with first movements - very interesting. Is this your first baby? 'Tis ours and we can't wait. That heartbeat finally got me interested in planning the nursery and stuff like that.

Good luck to you!

I am so excited for you guys! This is our 3rd baby, we have a daughter who is eight and a son who is 6. We also want to be surprised and not find out if it's a boy or girl. (Although my first thought has been girl, and I was right with the other two). The last two weeks I felt a little movement when I was laying in bed with my hand on my belly, but that has been it. With my first baby I felt movement at about 19 or 20 weeks. It is so exciting and such a miracle! I too was eager to decorate the nursery with my first. I painted mother goose and the cow jumping over the moon on the wall. I had to keep it pretty generic so I used purple and green. With this baby, I will have to get in gear. The little ones room is currently my office. So our plan is to finish the basement and move the office down there. We have a lot ahead of us! Good luck to both of you and keep me posted! I will be eager to know when you first feel your little one moving about!
Take Care
Liz

My goodness we must be twins! And the cow jumped over the moon is all I could think of even before we were pregnant! We're in a similar debacle with our office but because we have an upstairs we don't use I think we're going to make those two bedrooms a nursery and a master bedroom and keep the office downstairs and a spare bedroom downstairs. I told my DH that I don't plan on moving upstairs until a few months after the babies born - why work harder if I don't have to - right?

Thanks and I'll keep you posted!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.