my 2nd pregnancy but first time working out during

emuench

Hello,
My name is Liz and this is my first time writing. I've only discovered Cathe Friedrich workouts 2 months ago (they are GREAT and so motivating), but prior to that I was doing Firm tapes for a year. They are good too. I have a 2 year old and I am now 13 weeks along with #2. My workouts have gone from 6 days/wk to 2 days due to nausea and lack of energy, but I'm starting to feel better now and have moved up to 3-4 times/wk. I was told to stop doing crunches after 20 weeks b/c my ab muscles would separate worse than they already would. What do you think? Do I need to stop then? I'm addicted to them. I read a previous response of Cathe's to a newly pregnant mother and remember reading that pushups and planks should be eliminated. When should I do this? Also that abs should be done on an incline...at that point and do I eventually need to eliminate them? Right now I'm doing them on a mat on the floor. Thanks for being there, Liz

Hi Liz! Congratulations and nice to hear from you! You are fine doing your ab work on an incline starting after 12 weeks. You can continue to do them in this manner until they simply become to uncomfortable for you. Also, fully extended planks and push ups are strenuous on the lower back and core region and should therefore be modified at the first sign of discomfort. They can be modified by going to a bent knee position. Push ups can be further modified by doing them against the wall. When you can no longer modify any more, it is time to let the exercise go until after delivery. Good luck and keep in touch!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.