Moms that Rock! March 7-14

Hope everyone got some sleep last night! Kara went down at 9 got up at 3 ..not bad. I went to bed when she did so I feel rested today!
I previewd Barefoot Cardio last night. I plan on doing it today. I think I will like it..it might be my Sunday off day workout. My booty is still singing from LB on Friday! Tomorrow I start week2 of meso1.

Melanie-glad your shower was a success and Im sooo happy you got a workout in! You simply amaze me with what you get done. Keep up the great work...you inspire me!

Ok..now I am blank on what else I read...grr

Morning waves to everyone! bb

Good morning, Moms that Rock! :)

Sounds like Kara rocked with sleep last night..glad you are feeling refreshed today! Reese had a great night, too. Slept 10-4, 5-6, and we'll see what happens when I'm done feeding her. All of her sleep was in her crib last night..yippee for these rays of sunshine that keep me working on getting her to sleep alone.

I weighed myself this am, and wth????? 135? Up AGAIN and now 10lbs from goal???? Yesterday's calories were 1700...a couple hundred higher, but one day shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't an extra salty day either. I've been calorie counting for years, so I really don't think I'm miscalculating there. I guess I may just need to buy some new pants for when I return to work in 4weeks, and I'll see what happens when I stop breastfeeding.

hope to bbl

Good morning all! James did great last night! 10p-630a! I watched him in the monitor this AM and he just laid there looking around for a little while until he was ready to eat.

Sounds like all the babies did great! Hope to hear good news from Melanie and Christine!

Susan- Can you let us know what you think of Barefoot Cardio? Sounds interesting....

Lisa- My weight fluctuated so much in the beginning that is why I didn't even pay attention to it. I recommend Spanx or Target's version of Assests to help the pants fit a little better. Hang in there....I PROMISE that one day you will wake up and the weight will be gone! Well, not the jiggle, that we still have to work on. ;)

Not sure what I will do today...Thinking about an STS ub w/o. I like GS but I realized I get bored with Chest and Tri with all the incline stuff. Need to go to JCPenney's for some new bathroom rugs after mine fell apart in the washer. Ugh! Making a butternut squash and white bean soup later in the crockpot. Will let ya know how it turns out.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll check back later!

Good AM wonderful mommies that rock!

Good news today, I weigh in at 137 & 28% body fat (down from 30%). I feel much firmer & tighter. :D That's always a good way to start the day! :D

Lisa, I agree with Jen. I know it's hard to hear, but it's way too soon to be concerned. Just plug away, play around with caloric intake & you'll be fine. My big goal was also to be pre-pregnancy before I went back to work. I was within 5 lbs, and all my clothes fit. It was a ton of work, but well worth it. Also with each of my pregnancies it got progressively harder to lose (and longer to shed). We are all die-hards here......we know exactly how you feel!!

Jen, shopping? Darn. Maybe I could shred some rugs so I can come with you? Sounds like fun

Susan, an inspiration? lol Chrsistine is the superwoman of the clan! When is MIL coming, Christine?

I can't wait to play with pics from shower & dedication. The gal from my congregation did a really good job at the shower...she'll take dedication pics too.

Today I have a 10K on my plate. I really hope to run outside...but this is all dependent on DH. He'll probably want to go fishing...and he'll feel all deserving after going to church this AM....which means he'll be AWOL for remaining of day. :( We'll see....might be an elliptical run...

MIL came last night. What a treat. She literally flew in the same day that she made the offer. I made a nice dinner for her, tri tip roast, cilantro coconut rice and balsamic shallot asparagus. I think my mood changed a lot when I found out she was coming. She is taking Jimmy to church with her today so I can run with just hte baby, I am excited to see how much faster I go without the extra 42 pound kid! We are going on a bike ride after that and then playing in the yard for the rest of the day. We might go to Color Me Mine too. John slept ok last night... He took a 4 hour nap in the afternoon. Never wake a sleeping baby. Granted, he slept on me the whole time, so it was kind of cheating. He went ot bed at 9 and slept till 3:30 and then was a train wreck. He gets so pissed when we swaddle him, but if we do not his arms attack his face and he gets no sleep. It took me over an hour to get him back down and he really just laid there breaking out of the swaddle until 6, so I got up and here we are. He is in a great mood, though!
Melanie- So glad that you had such a great day yesterday. How do you do it? Thank you for the compliment, but I am going to boomerang it back! I am not worthy! I have two kids, you have FIVE and TWO babies and live in a snow drift! That is tough! Hope DH finds that there is no fishing today...
Susan - How is mom? Haley? Kara? Soup today? How did you like the barefoot cardio by Ellen?
Jen- I wish my monkey would wake up peaceful. I am high strung and so is he. James is testament to your mellow and comfortable attitude!!! What workout will you do? I did nothing yesterday, and it felt nice. Enjoy your sunday with the boys. ANother good book is Boundaries in Marraige by Henry Cloud.
Lisa- I know it is easier to say than hear, but do not fret. I remember around the same time that you are, I watched the scale read 141 one morning and 148 the next! My body fluctuated like crazy for a few weeks, no matter how well I ate or how much I exercised. Once I hit about the 10 week mark, I stabilized. Keep doing what you are doing and one day you will be surprised! I am so glad that Reese is being a good little sleeper for you! Hooray!!!!!
Allison- What are you up to girl?
Priscilla- How was the rest of your friend's visit?
Off to drink my coffee and get ready to run.
Susan - by the way, the pics on facebook are great. what is it with you and melanie and priscilla looking so hot in these photos? You all have such nice skin. I look pasty.

Jen, if you're intested in the book Christine mentioned I can put it in your package. I really liked it alot.

Christine, I use bareminerals make up & Famous Daves sunless tan lotion. It makes me look alive (I'm very pale).

Off to God's House!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE STS! Whew! I did Disc 1 Meso 1 and really enjoyed it! Can ya tell? :D Now that is the kind of weight work I like. I felt challenged and strong but not like I couldn't keep up. I never did the 1 rep thingy so I probably could push myself. I used to HATE pushups but now that I have been using my hand weights to help with my wrists I feel like SUPERWOMAN! Well, Superwoman on her knees.... :p

Yes Mel, if you wouldn't mind I would love to borrow the book. Things have been really nice between us since I mentioned it. We aren't too far off from where we used to be but sometimes I just feel like we slip away from each other. But as long as we always come back, I am fine with that. :) I hope you get your run in today outside. I'm thinking of looking for a used jogging stroller soon and putting James in it and venturing outside. DH likes to roller blade so we could make it a family outing. That is AWESOME about your weight and body fat! I noticed more cut in my abs the last few days. I wonder if its from not breast feeding??? Although I lost my va-va voom boobies and I am small again. :( Oh well, much nicer to run. :rolleyes:

Christine- Yay for MIL! That was very nice of you to cook for her. Maybe I could fly out in the same day and help too? :p I'm sure you already do everything you can to get John to sleep but I just wanted to share what helps for us. James HATED, absolutely hated being swaddled when we started doing it on a regular basis. He still fights it now but I think he knows its for his own good (and sleep ;)) DH noticed that when we rocked him and his head swayed back and forth, it helped him to relax. Also I turn him sideways, stick the pacifier in his mouth, using my chest to hold it in, hold him tight and pat his back or butt. He used to fight like crazy that it was hard not to laugh. I think it was around John's age that he was doing it the most so hopefully he will get used to it. Just wanted to share what worked for us...take from it what you will. :)

Oh and yes Mel, I would LOVE company on my shopping trip. I need someone to carry James in his carseat because after STS, I don't think I will be able to lift the darn thing!

Ok enough chattin, I need to get ready while James is sleeping so we can get outta here and SHOP!

Is everyone kegaling! I just went to Walmart and I kegaled the whole way there and back..thats about 15 solid min of kegals!

Melanie you are so right about Christine! You BOTH totally rock it!! Off all excuses, men think they should get anything they want for going to church lol. Can't wait to see pictures!

Lisa-yayyy for Reese sleeping! and I agree with Jen and Mel about the weight...hang in there!

Christine-you are not pasty at all..youre hot woman! Girls are great, mom is great..we have laughed so hard my cheecks hurt. Soup is on tap today..not sure what yet..will let you know. I am still stuck on the broccoli..I need to venture out though. How was your run??

Jen-yayyy for the sleep! I will report back after barefoot cardio.

Morning Allison, Pricilla!

Well I didn't find a rug for to replace the one that was shredded but I did find one for the other bathroom. James did great the whole time. He is my lil shopping buddy. :D

Threw the butternut squash soup in the crockpot. Will see how it turns out. Off to go through some clothes and hopefully re-organize some stuff.

10K is done. Whew, much more difficult on the joints when I run outside. I work tomorrow, so it'll be a rest day on the good ole' knees. I overdressed and was sweating like crazy, and at around mile 4 I had to poop really bad. I remembered Christine saying she pooped in someones yard. LOL Oh man, I got crampy & everything. I had a little G2 (electrolye beverage) and a vitamuffin before I ran....I don't know if that upset my stomach? Had some soft stools when I got home.

DH is fishing! lol Didn't even get to shower....he was out the door! Well, at least I got my workout in!

Myranda is fussy. If I can get her to sleep I could play with the pics...

Hi Ladies
I did Barefoot Cardio...I liked it for something different. Is it hard, no..but I got breathless a couple times. If you like hardcore cardio this is not for you...but I will do it on my off days or when Im really tired and need to workout. I feel really stretched out and longer though...oh and I really like Ellen Barrett!

mom is gone..and dh is unpacking his stuff from camping. K is taking a power nap. I havent even had a shower today! I made... drum roll....broccoli soup! I am so boring! I am determined to make a new soup this week. Dh leaves on Wed for a conference in NC..will be back on Friday. not looking forward to 2 nights alone.

Jen I have a butternut squash..let me know how your soup is...! I need to use this sucker! I got it for the beef stew recipe of Allisons but dh was like..ewww..I want normal beef stew lol. So far Kara is a great shopper too. I am looking forward to not having to haul that carseat around. I got a grocery cart cover from a girl who makes them on ebay. I got it yesterday and its too cute....brown with pink polka dots.

Melanie- running and needing to poop is not fun! did those kegals help out? How did church go this morning?

Need to think about dinner...have no clue what we are having. dh didnt have lunch so he is starving.

Ok so the butternut winter soup was not good. :( I defrosted the other half of my veggie chili instead. My DH will eat alot of my creations but even this I didn't think he would like. :eek: Oh well.....

Off to search for some new recipes! Have a good night all!

Jen, is that my recipe for veggie chili? I really like chili. I have a recipe for sweet potato chili...... I think I got it on this forum. I eat alot of soup and sandwiches nowadays. It's so easy. 1/2 Sandwiches make great snacks.

I put the dedication video on facebook, as well as baby shower pics.....if you'd like to see them.

I work tomorrow, so I won't be around much! Be good! :D

Attachments

• 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 19
Good Morning!
Susan-thanks for that kegal reminder. I never remember to do them until I read it here :)

Melanie-Nice job on the continued weight loss. Come on down and whip me in shape. Ha! I checked out your baby shower pics. Your girls are precious

Jen-I also do my push ups with dumbbells. My wrists/hands are the one place I seem to really feel my RA. I hate pushups, too! I can only do 6 or so without going to my knees, and after my last P90x rotation, I could do 20-25. Hope to get there after this rotation.

Thanks for your supportive words on the weight loss. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing for now. I think I'll try taking Reese for a treadmill walk using the Bjorn on as many days as possible to add in a little something more.

Reese had another good night of sleep..my heavens please let it continue! Caden was a terrible sleeper (and an all-around very tough and colicy newborn!), so this is a nice change! 10-3, 4-6, 6:30-?.

P90x shoulders/arms/abs and hopefully the treadmill with Reese.

All for now

Lisa- Yay for Reese and good sleep! I admire you cause you can at least do pushups on your toes. I am getting there...I can do maybe 2 on my toes but I don't think my form is good. I noticed they are getting easier since I have been doing more plank work.

Melanie- Haven't watched your video yet but I plan to! Don't know if I can sneak it in at work. No its wasn't your veggie chili. I call it veggie chili but it actually had ground turkey in it also with a TON of veggies. I have been doing more soups and sandwiches lately too.

Susan- I was just thinking yesterday that I can't wait until I don't have to carry his carseat. I have two grocery car covers (don't know what brand). I think they are jungle print. James has started making this high pitched grunting/whining noise. Does Kara do that? Is it just a new noise he can make?

Oh and James figured out how to use his hands to hit something so we got out this toy drum that lights up and makes noise when you hit it. He LOVED it and went crazy! And he found his toes last night and kept grabbing them. It's so fun to see the different things he learns/does.

Hi Christine! Hopefully you had a peaceful night at your house! Any good recipes???

Waves to Priscila and Allison!!

Ok so I need some validation and support...

I'm feeling annoyed at my mom and I'm not sure why. Here's the scenario...my DH works every other weekend so we only get two weekends out of the month to spend as a family. DH and I have an understanding that the weekends that he works, I take James to visit with my side of the family (cause he sleeps during the day) and the weekends we are off together are our weekends together. He usually takes James to see his parents during the week when he is off or they come visit during the day.

So my mom sends me a text this AM asking if she can come by one night this week to see James. This past weekend was the weekend that DH worked but she decided to go to Bike Week instead. And she just saw James the weekend before anyway. So when I saw the text, I was annoyed. I am just getting into a little routine with James in the evenings and finding time to workout again. So is it selfish of me to tell her no and then she waits until the next weekend DH is working to see James? I don't know why I feel so bad about it but I also feel as if I should be setting boundaries now.

So help me out here.....am I being selfish? Sorry its so long.

morning ladies
quick post. I had to go to the dr first thing this AM for bloodwork..I had to get my school health form filled out. I had this done last week and the lab screwed up and did a titer fro hep c..not hep b..then trashed my; blood...sooo I took my workout time to go back..grr...anyway...Kara is up ready to play....I will be back later for personals..promise!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.