Mamas and WeeOnes - June 7-13

chefkate

Cathlete
Hope everybody had a great weekend!

Buckle down ladies! Summer is HERE! Eat healthy food and kick butt on some workouts!Let's rock the beach in our swim suits and make everybody think "that must be the babysitter to that baby because I've never seen such a hot mom before!"
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Remember - Our diet isn't about what we CAN'T eat. It's about all of the fresh, healthy, tasty food we CAN eat!

I did Super Sets tonight and got a great pump! DH has been complimenting me all day that my body has really changed in the last couple months. Maybe he's just trying to get lucky tho!:p hahahaha! I'm noticing changes too, so it makes me feel good that others see it too!

No major plans this week - cause its SUMMER VACATION BABY!!!!!!

LOL Kate! I love it! Yay to summer vaca. Today is my kids' last day of school. Be back after running my work reports. Great run yesterday. Planning on weights and run today.

Lisa

lisa, i love the last day of school excitement! yay!!!
wtg on the run! hope work goes fast & u get a great wo tonight!

-
i did cs athletes intense stretch. yowza - hurt so good!
eats are on-track & i am feeling so good!
cardio tonight. hopefully the rain holds off so i can run!

candra! maggie! let us know you're alive!:D
wendy, how's the hub????!!!!

Hi mamas!

Kate--Thanks for the inspiration!!! (Though, I'll not be rockin a bikini this year :eek:.) Glad you're pumped up!!! I'm sure DH wasn't just trying to get lucky -- I bet you look great!!! You keep me on track too!!

Lisa--WTG on the run!! I love the feeling after a good run (even though I don't run far!)

---

Well, yesterday was a doozie of a day. I did mega grocerymax (two stores) and splurged and bought myself some $6 quinoa. SIX BUCKS for quinoa, but I knew I wanted/needed it. Got lots of healthy stuff. Came home, worked in the yard/herb garden while the kiddos played and Charlie napped in his stroller under a tree. Went back in the house and smelled gas. I had left the stove on somehow. YIKES. We aired out the house, and in the meantime, our dog escaped and ran away. She does this from time to time. She's old and a bit cooky and she just wanders. Anyway, we hopped in the car and found her a few blocks away. We took her home, and I ditched my plans for cooking a healthy dinner because I was still a bit scared of the gas. So we opened all of the windows in the house and went to Lowe's to buy plants and got take out. :eek: Very odd day. Not good eats (though I do order my Chinese food off the "healthy/no sauce menu". Still, white rice. Anyway, because of our odd day, I was running late and almost didn't get a workout in, but I MADE it fit in. Worked out at 11 p.m. last night. Did the CLX burn circuits (cardio) and ab workout. Yikes. It was GREAT!!! Though, I didn't sleep well at all because the workout had me so wide awake. If I knew I could have functioned today, I would have stayed up and cleaned the house without interruptions. Man, I wish mommies didn't need sleep!! :p Anyway, that's my novel for today. I am SO glad I fit that workout in. And it has kept me on track today. Ate me some Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries an wheatgerm for breakfast and a Sara Snow protein patty for lunch (I dont like to have a big lunch). Tonight: Chicken parmesan (don't worry... it's clean -- as long as I don't partake in the bread :eek:).

Question: do you consider polenta clean?

Sorry for my long post.. again!! :eek:

hello ladies.

Well somethings gotta give soon on this babies gas. argh!!!!!!! It is getting worse and worse at night. he just squirms, grunts and farts all night and fusses some. If I lay him down he strait up wakes up wiggling/grunting. Last night I wanted to w/o really bad. had kickboxing planned. I got my w/o clothes on and he kept waking up. I got maybe 10 min of warm up in. in the end it took me like 3 hrs to get him down sound asleep. I never worked out or even got a shower. frustrating!! poor little guy must be bothered too. when will this pass??? (no pun intended). Nothing kills your drive/excitement to w/o than when you keep not getting a chance to!
Glad you all are eating good. I am doing ok the last few days. last week was better. I want to workout! :(

Here are a few pics I snapped of the boys today. can you tell he's growing. look at his chub under the chin ha!

Last edited:
Steph - Great job on squeezing that wo in! I'm not familiar with polenta. I need to get a garden started. I keep saying I will, but never get around to it. Thank God you discovered the gas! That is scary stuff! Oh and I won't be rocking a bikini this summer either. Can anyone say lots of saggy skin and fat???

Jess - Hm...I'm thinking as your LO gets older, the gas will get better. I'm not sure though since I never really dealt with it. What does your ped say?

Kids are home from school and summer has begun! One week off then Summer Fun starts for them. Lots to do. Need to clean up my eats since the weekend was a binge fest. Trying to figure out what to make for dinner.

Lisa

another saggy-skin no-bikini mama here! my belly is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: from my 1st pg! lotsa stretch marks!:mad::mad: my fault...whaddya mean i cant really eat for 2 people!?:p:p

stephanie, polenta...depends how its prepared but yes. not processed is good to me! isnt it just corn meal but even less refined? seems like ive used dried polenta in a cornbread recipe.....cant remember!
wtg on the wo!!!! that is awesome! and no worries n the white rice. personally i dont eat it bec i get so constipated w/ refined carbs, but as long as youre not piling it high on your plate i got no beef w. it. dh eats it althetime and he looks great!
ive never had quinoa!:eek: what am i missing?:p
scary on the gas! glad it was ok!
and poor maggie!

jess, sorry about the gas and wo's!:(
mightty cute boys you have!

lisa, how about breakfast for dinner? thats our fave when i cant decide/havent shopped!

-
going to water aerobics w/ my sisters tonight. will be tons of fun! we get a bit carried away!:p:p:eek::D

No water aerobics. Sisters are broke and had no gas money either. So I went to their house and we went for a walk.....where it started POURING and we got totally soaked. So it became a run! But we had a blast. Went back to their place and did some TaeBo. Stopped at the grocery store and now I'm home.

No plans for Tuesday and no vehicle either. What to do?.......? Will figure something fun out!:D I've got a whole tote of crafty girly projects save up for days like these. Might as well use em up!

Jess--Your kids are adorable!! Sorry about the gas. I remember Charlie did that at first --we'd hear him farting and wiggling around at night. Mylecon or Little Tummies worked sometimes us. Just remember to give it BEFORE the bottle. We finally moved to lactose-free formula (we had to do that with our first too) and that really did the trick. I assume you're breast feeding, so I don't know if lactose would be an issue. You and Liam must be going crazy without sleep though. Maybe your ped will have some helpful advice.

Kate--Sorry your plans got messed up tonight! Way to go though on improvising! I used to love Tae Bo. I have it on VHS. I haven't done it in forever! But I remember it really toned me back in my skinny days (pre-babies). Hope you had fun!! :) Have fun crafting tomorrow!!! We brought back a bag of seashells from the beach that I need to clean so that we can do some crafts with them this week. Crafts are great for a rainy day! Quinoa is really good. I make mine in organic chicken broth instead of water for added flavor. It's very nutty tasting and really good for you.

Lisa--I hear ya on saggy skin and fat!! But you couldn't have much if you fit into that 2!!! (Yes, I'm always going to remind you of that! :p) If i were a size two, I'd wear a bikini every day :p.
===
Well, I didn't have time to make polenta. Plus, I was the only one who would have eaten it. Oh well. I made low-carb/wheatish pasta instead to go with the chicken. (I say wheat-ish because it was white, but said it was whole grain. Whatever. I only ate a tad of it.) The kids said the chicken was "yucky." Ugh. They think that Tyson frozen chicken nuggets are the only kind of chicken out there. *cringe* I keep trying. I tried to explain to them in gross detail what processed chicken is, but they didn't care. Anyway, did my CLX workout and wished it were longer! I'm having fun with it, but tonight I feel like I should have done more. I also had a very bad encounter with some chocolate chips tonight. :eek: I was CRAVING chocolate like never before. Oh well. Clean eats otherwise. :confused: Hope everyone has a great evening!!

s, the shells sound fun - you could glue them onto paper in little people/animals!
and the quinoa sounds yummy!
choc chips are dangerous! i have a hslfopen bag in the pantry.....resisting dipping in thus far! i find the more i go without sug, the less cravings i get for it. its addicting!:mad:
kids & chicken....an eternal battle!:p

-

i have a clogged milk duct and it hurts so freaking bad!:mad::mad: hopefully we can nurse it out by the end of the day.:(:(:(

hi mommas! sorry to be mia. so glad to have the guy back and then we all promptly got sick. jj and the big boy were first and i thought it was just allergies because the pollen is terrible right now. but by saturday jj clearly had an ear infection and dh and i felt like a truck hit us. i felt bad for thinking it was allergies for the kids... boo =(

dh is so glad to be quitting his lean cuisines cold turkey with all my healthy cooking (plus some baking that i try to lighten up a tad). he lost some serious weight and needs some muscle on the bones IMO. he has also quit smoking for the zillionth time (we quit together before getting pregnant but he started up again). hope it sticks.

steph - i love polenta! i would just be careful on the portion. ods is quite snotty about frozen chicken and such because he hardly had it. he'll look at the box and go, is that REALLY even chicken?? lol! and dh, raised on that stuff now checks out additives like nobodys business, boy do i have them trained! and lol at wearing a bikini if size 2 -- me too!! dh would come home to we cooking in it!!

kate, we love breakfast for dinner, too. ill make choc chip banana pancakes or garden veggie pancakes, both whole wheat and quite tasty. white rice doesnt love my bowels etiher (tmi?) which is quite convenient. most chinese, thai, etc around here offer brown rice so that makes things easy.

lisa, i imagine your kids do summer camp so that you can work? ods did because i had to work all those years. he still loves his camp and will be a CIT this year! my big baby is gowing up!

oh, jess, bummer on the gas... i do think it will pass (no pun intended) wih age, it usually does. your kiddos are adorable? homeschool????? i'd go nuts! i think i only showered every couple of days in the first 2 months with JJ, you do what you can and nursing the babes (and ourselves) is so important!

and speaking of homeschooling.... WHERE'S MAGGIE?? anyone seen her aywhere else or here.

i have not worked out since friday, when i started feeling awful. blah, i HATE not working out!!! still walking but even that was tough sat/sun/mon becuse woe werk re all just so ill. today i feel a tad better and id like to get a short wo in but my head is too cloudy for fancy fotwork or any impact... any suggestions?

wendy

Pancakes, Chinese......I;m hungry!!!:p
Waiting for Isabel to wake up SO WE CAN EAT!!! I'm starving this morning!:confused::confused:

Wendy, We knew you were busy with DH!;):p Glad he's home and well....other than the sickness you're all spreading around! The rest/no WO's will be good for your body and you'll come back with a vengeance! My body really loved my revoc week last week!
no fancy feet or impact.... do you have any leslie sansone? I got a couple while preg and didn't mind them too much. Granted, I couldn't do it everyday but once in a while I can tolerate them!:p

Hi mamas!

Not much sleep here last night. Late again to bed. Oliver sleep walked upstairs and when he came into our room, I asked him what was wrong and he just looked confused. DH had to lead him back to his room. Very odd. I hope this isn't something new. Henry got scared of the dark and I had to go down and turn on a light for him. And Charlie woke up at 4 a.m. and I had to put him in bed with us. Both of the big boys have been fighting this a.m., and I know it's because they didn't sleep well. Ugh. Sleepy day!! And I have CLX cardio in store for me today~ better find some energy!!! Anyway...

Kate--Yeah, white rice isn't a friend of mine. I love all rice, but it does tend to be unfriendly to my intestines. That's why I try to stick to quinoa or wheat cous cous or brown rice. :confused: Sorry about your milk duct. Ouch!! Hope it works itself out today!

Wendy--Glad your DH has quit smoking! I know it must be hard. I'm sorry about the ear infection! Hope everyone feels better soon!!

Hi to Jess, Candra (WHERE are you??), Sydney, Maggie (Hellllllooooo???), Lisa, JenP (Where are you???) and anyone else I missed...

Hope everyone has a great day!! :cool:

man you guys are making me hungry!! if you all have some absolute fav healthy recipes can you share them here? I posted a recipe a long while back in the open forum for "veggie pita sandwiches". could still find it in a search probably. mmm just had those last week for a few lunches. I've actually never had quinoa!? I don't even know what it tastes like or how to cook/eat it.

well I managed a turbo jam last night. didn't know if I'd get to complete a longer one so just did cardio party which is like 30 min. baby slept ok last night so now I wish I had got something harder/longer out. oh well. felt good to be exercising at all. this morning he didn't sleep good though and I've had a headache all day. blah. I'm off to my post partum appt today. have a good day everyone!

Last edited:
Heres a recipe for ya, Jess
Spicy Pasta w/ Chicken Sausage

1 pkg chicken sausage (mine was the green/red pepper kind)
1 onion, chopped fine
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (I used 3...we love garlic)
1.5 c. low sodium chicken broth
1 - 10oz can RoTel tomatoes (YUM!)
6 oz. whole wheat pasta
salt & pepper
2 scallions, sliced thin

Cook chicken and onion in large skillet (I use cast iron) over medium-hi heat until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Stir in broth, tomatoes, pasta, 1/3 tsp. salt, and 1/3 tsp. pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.

Off heat, sprinkle w/ scallions. Serve

-

So good ladies! DH was all "chicken sausage, ew!" .... like he is every time I make it. But he saw this and listened to all the moans & groans I was making while eating it. He tried it and ended up eating a lot of it! He even took some for lunch today....and he is the take-out king! We have a winner! Would be good w/ some lf mozzarella cheese stirred in too...

Stephanie, Sorry for the sleeplessness! It's so hard whn the little ones are poppin' out of bed all night!
Naps today all around?
Have a fun WO! Hope you continue to like CLX!
And thanks so much for the ideas in OD!

I did some CS lower body this afternoon. Need to get working on dinner! Seems liek if I'm not cutting veggies/preparing stuff early in the day I don't get around to making as helathy of a meal as I want!

Hi Mamma.....

I've been MIA :eek: I have to read through the thread to get caught up!!

Jess... i love the pics. I wish that I could get into Cross fit- it seems to be the way fitness is going @ work! very hard!!

Kate...running in the rain actually sounds fun. your receipt looks good, but I can't eat for a while... I just got braces!! Can't believe that I waited so long-- but now DH can call me "brace face". But he said that he wouldn't.

Stephaine... It sounds like you are liking your CLX. I have yet to touch that one too... I will get to it though. It's hard for me to work a plan.. I just really like to run. But It is not helping @ all.

Wendy.. today was the first day that I had exercised since last Friday!! I couldn't believe it..... So I did about 60 min of cardio.

Hi Lisa..

So what do you ladies think about this as a fat loss plan?

Day 1: Strength Train- upperbody
Day 2: 60-80min Steady state Cardio (run/elliptical)
Day 3: Strength Train- lowerbody; circuit train 45 min
Day 4: Strength Train- upperbody; intervals 45 min
Day 5: Circuits (45min); yoga
Day 6: Strength Train- upperbody; intervals (45min)
Day 7: Circuits (45min); yoga

Do you think that it is too much?

Last edited:
Kate -you are in SOOOO much trouble. lol. you got me in a super pizza craving mood. I had to go to papa murphy's and get the hawaiian delite. atleast it was thin crust and canadian bacon but STILL! I'm weak! I also ate some cookie dough since the boys wanted some cookies (they sell that at the front). doh! I hope I get to w/o tonight! I don't think I've ever even seen chicken sausage? I've seen frozen turkey sausage. is that the same kind of stuff? may have to try that pasta :)

Sydney- thats great you got braces. I had them when I was 15 and I HATED them. I'm glad I got them now that I'm older though ha. My dad got the invisiline kind (?) a few years back. I know my boys will need them but I don't know if I want to put them through that kind of torture lol. as a kid that is ruff. as an adult you really want it and your tuffer I think. I've seen lots of adults with them lately.

I dunno about your w/o plan.. looks like alotta work but if you have it in you go for it! the reason DH likes crossfit now is cause of results. he says hes getting great results with it more so than before.

Stephanie- I remember my oldest doing that a few times. I was afraid he was going to be a sleepwalker or something but it stopped as soon as it started. my brother did that once growing up and he went to my moms closet thinking it was the bathroom and uh.. took a leak in there. oops!

sydney, i know i wouldnt have the TIME to wo that much. but if you can hack it, well, props to you! i do think you could scale back abd still see results. diet is key!

jess, that dinner sounds good!:eek::eek::D they sell plain ol' dough!!!! my kinda place!
lol on your brother!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.