Just found out I'm pregnant!!!

spirit75

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 5 months. I just found out that I am finally pregnant :) (found out less than a week ago) We are thrilled. The problem is that my motivation to exercise has become nonexistent. I have been exercising very religiously (never missing more than one day in a row) for over 2 years. I really dislike this feeling of being so unmotivated to workout. I have pushed myself through the past few workouts, but am considering taking some real time off. Physically, I feel fine, it's just mentally I can't get with it! Did anyone else experience this and will it pass!? I look forward to all the posts regarding. Thank you so much.

Darcy who is THRILLED to be pregnant, but not thrilled that motivation for exercise went out the window :(

Hi Darcy! Yippee, so happy for you! Congratulations! What you are experiencing is so very normal. It may stay like this throughout your first trimester (possibly longer). You will have days where you have absolutely no energy and days where you wonder if you really are pregnant because you feel so normal. Just take it day by day. Only workout when you feel like it and don't even worry about it on the days you don't.

For the days that you DO workout, please keep very well hydrated before, during, and after your workouts. Also, while doing your cardio workouts, do not overdue the intensity. Keep your intensity to where you are able to say 2 to 5 sentences throughout your workout.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Wow, thank you so much for the fast reply, it is so appreciated!!! That alone, makes me motivated to go sweat it out..lol... I believe that I am going to start doing more variety for exercises and see how that goes for awhile. Thank you again for making me feel normal for the way I've been feeling. And, thank you for the congrats, I am truly ecstatic about being pregnant!

Darcy :)

Congrats, Darcy!!

A lot of people feel too tired in the first trimester, then rebound in the second. So that'll give you something to look forward to. ;)

Congratulations Darcy! I didn't have a problem with consistency in my first trimester, but my energy level was much lower so I shortened the duration of my workouts and I also lowered my intensity a lot because I would get breathless easily.
I think loss of motivation is very common - especially in the first trimester. Your body is going through a lot of changes!
Best wishes!
Erica

Congratulations Darcy!

I echo all of the above sentiments! If you're after a good read about exercise and pregnancy, try James Clapp's "Exercising through Your Pregnancy". It will give you lots of info (has been really helpful to me!)

Take care,
Liz n'

I am also only 8 weeks pregnant I have been working out for years 5 days week and for the last two weeks i don't have the motivation either. I don't know what my problem is.This is my second baby. I stopped exercisig with my first and Balloned out Bad don't want to do that again.I know what you are going through.

Thank you to everyone who has responded to me. I really hate not having the motivation. I am going to try changinge my routine and doing more of a vareity of exercises. Hope this helps :) Thanks again for the responses, you guys are great!

Darcy

Hi Darcy!

I see you've already received great advice as far as your exercise, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy! It's great to hear how thrilled you are. Good Luck with your exercise and keep us posted.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Darcy,

I just wanted to add my congratulations and welcome to you as well! You have received great advice. Take good care of yourself and keep us posted!

Alison :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.