Hoppin babies and their hot mommas! 4/4-4/10

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Morning ladies! Just getting this party started! I am still congested but drinking coffee! YAHOO! Belly feels better! Thinking I will do STS this AM and wait and see how I feel. If I am feeling like "kinda killin myself" :p then I'll do an Insanity later.

What's everyone's Easter plans? We were supposed to go to MIL's but her household caught the plague (pukes) so we are steering clear. I'm doing pork tenderloin in the crockpot with lots of veggies. It's the only thing that sounds good to me right now. Plus MIL still has the ham to make and I'm sure she will cook it when she feels better. I'm not a big ham fan. Turkey is more my thing. James has an Easter outfit and an Easter basket that I will take a picture of him in and that is the extent of our Easter fun! :D

Melanie- Good for you for taking off and getting your run in! I think Christine has a good idea too to pop in a Cathe DVD and take a nap when you can. ;) Hope you and the family have a great Easter! Are you guys doing your own egg hunt around the house?

Christine- Wow girl, you do sweat! 140 to 133?? Wish we all could stay that low! My weight is creeping back up. Checked last night and I was 133 but I am eating again too. Now if I could just stay away from all the carbs.

Susan- Yay for finding internet! We miss you and your clean eating!

Morning Lisa! Hope you are getting some rest with all the family there! Have fun!

Hi Priscila and Allison! Allison, now that my belly is on the mend, I need recipes!!! ;)

~~~His is Risen! Let us praise together the One who gives us strength to do all that we need to do, as mommies! ~~

The scale is down to 131. :eek::eek:

There's still a few eggs around the house that have not been found, but the majority of everything has been opened. The kids got Princess and the Frog and I hope they will watch during my run. I'm so excited, the weather is CALM. I am irritated though, DH went for coffee already this AM. :( I just about begged him to stay home for the holiday. :( Urgh. Part of me feels guilty though b/c I'm going to be gone a really long time for my long run....so I might as well let him go! "Mommy guilt" is the worst type of guilt! I guess Daddies don't get "Daddy guilt"? We're wired so differently (men & women).

Good ideas about putting a DVD in & resting even when I don't feel like working out. I could soak in the hot tub too... I need to be more creative and protective of "me time" so that I can be a better mommy to my precious kiddos.

Jen, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Your dinner sounds good. I pulled a ham out of freezer yesterday. I"m sure it's frozen solid still. Do you think I could put a frozen ham in oven? Otherwise I"m going to try to make homemade pizza crust & back a pizza. :eek::eek: Wish me luck!

Tomorrow I'm going to start Brazilian Butt Lift Rotation (to lift my flat butt) along with my 1/2 marathon training. Most workouts are just 30 mins in length & should compliment the cardio. I'm excited to see what changes happen to my body! It's a 4 week rotation, so it'll take me thru the race recovery period before jumping into CharLEAN!

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to try to jump in here and post more this week. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies. Still trying to get used to having a new baby around. We haven't got on a schedule yet. ERan on the treadmill this morning. It felt so good to run. I've been doing HiiT alot (mostly due to lack of time) and I'm really noticing my stamina improving.
Melanie- 131 that's great! What is your goal. My goal is 130. I'm currently 135.
jimbean- It's good to hear from you again.

Melanie- You could thaw the ham in warm water. Don't know about cooking a frozen ham. Hmmm....I don't think Daddies get guilt, only we do. DO the run and enjoy it! I can hear the excitement in your typing!!!!

Hello again Kendra! We are always here, no worries! Good job on working out so soon! High five!

I loved Insanity Cardio Abs!!!! I can't wait to start Insanity! DIdn't do it today because my energy level was still low but completed disc 8 in meso 1. I WILL finish meso 1 darn it!!! :D

Hi ladies!
Jen- I LOVE the Cardio Abs. THere are three or four of them and DH has commented how great mine look now! Thank you Shaun T!
Mel- How was the run?

9.5 mile run complete. :D It felt wonderful. It is close to 60 degrees out...I'm so glad I waited and went today. Christine, I hydrated with G2 & ate GU every 2.5 miles. I hope that's not excessive. :eek:

Kendra, my goal weight is 135. :) Now I'm just having fun. :p Most of us girls like to be b/w 130-140. Except Susan is our "petite" girl....I think she's just over 5 feet tall. :) She's such a cutie!

Jen, sounds like you are getting stronger! Yeah!

Christine, which revAbs have you done?

My whole wheat flaxseed oat bread turned out. It's a "heavy" bread...but edible. :D I ordered some whole wheat bread flour from amazon prime.

Does anyone have Athlete's Palate cookbook?

great job on the run, melanie! what a success! you did just right. i use gu every 40 minutes, but i also use real gatorade rather than g2, so i get more sugar along the way. have you tried the chocolate gu, it is like cake batter and dh loves it! as for revabs, i have only done mercy abs so far. i liked it, but could not concentrate because the kids were all over me. i am someone who has to concentrate on abs a lot!
jen- you will love insanity. i know you have said you like to work shoulders and abs, and all his workouts leave the spent!
hi mommas!
dh went 12.5! i ran 8 with him, then had to head home becauise i was pushing the boys and john pooped. did squeeze stronger and rev abs. bought steaks and asparagus and the makings for pasta carbonara, and red wine! yum! dinner, here we come!

Thanks for encouragement ladies....ya'll are the best. :D

Christine~ your dinner sounds divine. your husband is turning out to be quite the runner. I'm starting to get a little burned out on it....12 weeks is too long for me to hold my interest (with Charlean, Insanity, BBL, Turbokick, RevAbs on burner). LOL My next 1/2 marathon will be just 8 weeks training.

I *might* jump in and start BBL today so I can have a total day off tomorrow. It's tough to do ANY kind of workout on my 14 hour workdays. We'll see. DH took DS1 fishing, so I'm solo with 4 kiddos 6 years and younger. :eek:

Lisa, I hope you had fun with all your family today.

Susan, I was hoping to hear from you once again.....can't you sneak away? ;)

We had pizza from Hot Stuff. I scraped all their toppings off 1/2 and put mushrooms, peppers, and low fat mexican cheese on the 1/2 I ate.

I made these for a snack today and they were YUM! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crispy-Edamame/Detail.aspx

Christine- Pasta Carbonara??? I know its prob a throw together for you but can you post that? It sounds yummy! Food is actually starting to sound good again. YAY!

Melanie- I feel like I have ADHD with all these great workouts! But I am determined to finish STS first. I found a WW pizza crust recipe that I want to try this week. I can post if you want. Now you got me in the mood for homemade bread and pizza crust. ;)

Off to eat pork tenderloin with buttery biscuits! (My last guilty pleasure since I'm still "sick") :p

Good luck with the kiddos Mel!

I fell asleep on the coach with the girls after my run. lol It felt nice, the boys watched the Frog & the Princess they got from the Easter Bunny.

Jen, I also feel ADHD...but in such a good way. :D I didn't get STS, so I don't feel like I need to try them first. Well, I got STS Cardio, but I just can't get into them right now for some reason. :) They are great "filler" workouts.

I snuck in Bum Bum after my nap. My girls were so well behaved. I"m thinking of painting Madalynn's toes in a bit...just another way to help keep them apart. When I bathed the girls today, I noticed that Myranda has a strange looking pinky toenail. My little secret. :D

Gotta get going. Work tomorrow, but I feel strong & well rested. :)

Melanie-fabulous run!!! Talk about getting your mojo back! I found out the my brother in law is doing the Earth Day run, but just a 5K, anditwill probably be more of a walk :)

Christine-I guess there is always someone who needs to poop during a run. Why didn't you just change him in the bushes? ;)

Jen-thanks for postng the edamame. I seemed to have lost all memory of the foods I used to bring to work. That's a great snack idea! If anyone has more ideas, I'd love to hear them, especially things high in protein. So far, I have in mind turkey/blck bean rollups, TVP, lentils, veggies, fruit, nuts, cheese. I need to make sure I keep eating to keep my milk supply from completely drying up.

Susan-hope to hear more from you soon!

Kendra-welcome again!

Hi, Allison and Priscilla--hope you both had a good weekend!

My weekend was far more stressful than I would have liked, but at least it is done. Reese had a hard time napping, but that is my fault. I let her nap with me all the time, and since I didnl3 have much time to cuddle with her, she didn't nap. I've created a horrble sleep crutch for her, and I feel awful about it since she's going to day care in 2 days :(.
I'm a bit of a basket case this weekend. Just stressed about managing the FT job, 2 kids, being able to continue nursing at night (i'm pumping only to be able to nurse at night--I only pump a couple ounces at a time) ,and the rest of life! I'm worried about fitting in my workouts and, of all things, having time to plan, prepare, and pack (for work) healthy foods! Yes, Im stressed about food--how rdiculous is that??!! Of course, on top of it all I am going to miss my time with my little sweetheart, especially our daily routine--right down to our 11am Young and the Restless cuddle time. I can't believe how fast it went! Sigh. I think I need a 6 pack of beer and a bottle of fenugreek because I think I've stressed and cried out all of my milk.sorry so long and depressing. I know it will get better!

Lisa, get some brewer's yeast. I've been taking 5 brewers yeast tablets three times a day (also 5 fenugreek three times a day), along with the Reglan my milk has gone up. It's just enough to feed the girls when I'm at work. I have been at the breaking point....producing 25 ounces in a 14 hour day.

I told DH to go ahead and give diluted juice bottle to each girl if they are running low on milk (about 3 ounces). That should help. I exclusively nurse on days off....and they are eating 3 times each throughout the night. It may sound like alot of worth....but I LOVE nursing!

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, Lisa. I know going back to work is tough...even when we're "ready"

Melanie-thx for the brewers yeast rec. I'll check for that at the health food store. It's crazy that I'm even continuing to try to nurse, as she'll get maybe only 8 ounces from me each day. It's a lotof work for not much payoff. This happened with Caden, and I gave him his little sips of breastmilk until he was 4mo old! I just really enjoy the act of breastfeeding and want to hold on to the nights as long as possible.

Awwwwww, I wish we were all neighbors. Lisa, you are a champion for nursing and so are the other mommas. I wish I could give a drop! Tomorrow I will post my weekly meal plans for dh as well as a few very easy dinners. I know how hard this week will be. Priscilla, Mel, and Jen are such awesome resources. This forum is about being strong where you can and adoring the strength of friendship in others. I do not think you created a nap problem, I do it too. I know he is our last and I break all the rules so ICANN smell his forehead longer, hear him sigh and laugh in his dreams, or adore that next to me he never needs a bottle just a hug. You have done amazing. If you want, I could send you some DVDs with short awesome workouts. Let me know and I will send you a list of what I have...
Jen- girl, I am dying to hear how you like insanity. We are so alike. I love the new pics of James on fb.
Mel- glad you got a nap. You deserve it. Got lots of goodies coming your way soon...
Kendra- are you on face book?

P.s. No aunt flo yet but 6 preg tests say neg. Think amenhorrea from working out. Not feeling ph at all. Dh bough costco condoms. I told him I had to go get a pg test before his run. The neg results must be why he rocked it. Off to shower...

Lisa, I also commend your efforts for breastfeeding. Have you spoke to a lactation consultant? Whenever I have a slight drop in production I freak out and call one. I'll share her number with you if you're intererested. I love them. They are alot like pharmacists, they give free advice!

Christine, you are a working out machine! When I was training for my first 1/2 marathon last year & I didn't get my period I thought it was exercise induced. I was so proud of myself, calling myself a true athlete! I took several pg tests before it actually came up positive with the twins. I hope that's not the case for you, I know how much you don't want that to happen again for you. Any idea what body fat percentage you are? have you tried the calipers that come with RevAbs?

Waves to all my favorite mommies! I'm off to shower & work!

Melanie-I did speak w a lactation consultant, for both of my kids. I'm doing what she suggests. She didn't mention the brewers yeast tablets. I know you've been making those cookies, but since I can't eat eggs and have been trying to cut sugar/art. sugar, I haven't made them. will look for tablets today.

Christine-your words about watching John sleep brought me to tears (happy tears!). Those are the things I love about napping with her. I try to soak up every moment. If u let me know a couple of those workout titles, I'll check them out to see if they mightfit me.

thx! better get moving this morning!

Lisa, I speak with a lactation consultant on weekly basis. I agree with the BY and baked goods.... I'd rather take the tablets.....they are not nearly as concentrated though. When I make the cookies I use WW flour & splenda, thus keeping bad carbs to a minimum. I also put protein powder in them to mimize flour content. What "phase" of low-carb are you in?

Okay, off to work. Will think of you, Lisa!

Lisa- Have you tried Blessed Thistle? It's an herb that is good for building your milk supply.

I'm off to order Insanity. I've been wanting to do it my whole pregnancy. I can't wait!
Thanks for the welcome! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.