He's here!

H

Hazel

Hi everyone. Just posting to let you know that Ryan James Porter made his appearance on Thursday, August 15, 2002 at 9:07 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He has quite a bit of hair, which may or may not turn out to be red like his daddy's (we're hoping!). So far, he seems to be a very placid, quiet little guy who is sleeping quite a bit, although he is finally starting to get a little more interested in nursing as my milk comes in.

We are absolutely in love with our precious little guy and can't believe how lucky we are to have another healthy, happy baby to love. I can't seem to make a link to his picture, but if you go to www.bhcs.com, click on Baylor Babies, choose Baylor University MEdical Center under "My facility", and then find his name and birthday (still on the first page as of this afternoon), you'll see the picture taken yesterday when he was about 36 hours old.

As for gory details, I had quite a bit longer labor than I'd anticipated, and got quite disheartened for a bit (doc said I'd be up in my room eating dinner, but by 6:00 p.m. I was only about 5 cm dilated, and it took me forever to get from -3 station to zero), but when we finally got around to pushing, it only took three contractions to get him out (which was a slice of heaven compared to the 2+ hours I spent pushing with Lauren!). I had a minor tear (no episiotomy again, thank goodness) and needed just two stitches. Ryan is sleeping quite a bit more than his sister, so I'm getting lots of rest and feeling really good.

Thanks for letting me share our happy news!

Adorable!

He is too, too cute! Love his little fists ready to do CardioKick punches!!! Thank you for sharing him with us Hazel. He is just precious. I am glad to hear you are doing so well after the trying time you had. Keep us posted on him. Looks like he has light red hair in the pix!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Congratulations Hazel!

Ryan is adorable! I was thinking of you and Stebby while I was in the hospital and wondering how you both were doing. Glad to hear that everything turned out so well.
How is Lauren adjusting to having a baby brother?
Best wishes to you and your family!
Erica

oooooh a red head :)

... We love red heads! (I have two of my own... both of my boys favor their daddy, too)

What an exciting time for you and your family!
Susan

Congratulations Hazel,

Time sure does fly. It seems like yesterday that you were posting about Lauren's birth. Take care of yourself. Hopefully, Lauren is adjusting to her new brother. Get some rest.

Big hugs to you and your little ones,

Sheila

Sheila S. Watkins, MLSci.
Founder and National Program Director
Healthy Moms(R) Fitness
www.healthymomsfitness.com

Congratulations! You inspire me and give me hope! It's so nice to hear the joy amidst the "gory" details. So glad you took the time to let us in on your happiness!

Take care!! jeni

Congratulations Hazel!! Ryan is just adorable and I can't wait to see him in person. It will be great to get together once my little one is here and the dust settles. Congrats again to you, Greg and Lauren!

Dana

Congratulations on Ryan! He sounds like he is fitting in so nicely and making life easy for his mommy and big sister.

Take care and enjoy your new little one.
Sandi

Congratulations Hazel (and Greg)! Wow, and a new baby brother for Lauren, yippee! I know you are on cloud nine and your little bundle is so adorable. I love those itty bitty fists, Kyle still has them now. Glad to hear you made it through the end of your delivery without too much difficulty. Isn't is so neat to feel that equal and instantaneous surge of love all over again. Hugs to all of you. Keep us posted!

Just taking a quick peep (not pregnant and not maternal) in here and thought I would offer my congratulations.

Starbuck

Congratulations on baby Ryan. Glad the end of your labor was smooth and the baby is healthy. Have fun loving that baby!
Erika

Congratulations

I wish you and your family all the best with your little one.

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.