had ultrasound!

Beets

Cathlete
Hello all,
I am in my 10th week and had my first prenatal visit yesterday. When they tried to find the baby's heartbeat, they could not find it. That was a little unnerving but they thought it was because my uterus tips backwards and that makes the baby's position "deeper" in my body so the surface monitor cannot pick up the heart beat. Just to be on the safe side, my midwife sent me for an ultrasound today to be sure everything was okay. Well, all I can say is "WOW"--I am so amazed at what I saw. The baby is fine and has a heart beat and the little bugger was so active (or so it seemed). It looked like it was bee-bopping around in its little house having a grand old time. It would raise its little arm buds every so often and turn its little head. Now, I can feel like this is for real. For the past weeks, I have been walking around feeling nauseated and tired but that was it. No real changes in my body--I'm not showing yet and I have not gained any weight so it all seemed so unreal. Now I have pictures and everything. I thought i was going to cry when I saw the ultrasound! Now I am really excited! Just had to share! Thanks for listening.

Hi Beets,

How wonderful!! I am so happy for you. I remember feeling the same way. I felt nauseous all the time but had "nothing to show for it." Then I had that ultrasound and wow..... Life took on a whole new meaning. I must have shown that ultrasound picture to a hundred people.

Congratulations and keep us posted on the that "little bugger."

Sheila

Sheila S. Watkins, MLSci.
Founder and National Program Director
Healthy Moms(R) Fitness

Sooo happy and relieved for you! Isn't it a miracle? Sounds to me like that lil' one is doing kickbox already, raising those lil' arm buds.:7 Share anything new, we'll be glad to listen! Keep us posted.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.