Fit mommies and their cute babies Mar 14-20

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Hey! Just getting us started! Must've been something in the air yesterday cause we ate like crap for dinner (cheeseburger sliders and beer) and DH and I had "quiet time" too. :p And I am looking forward to some more today! I need TONS of water today. Neither one of us slept good at all and James slept through the whole night. Go figure.....

Mel- Good luck on your 9 mile run! You are so awesome with your training!

Lisa- Sorry about your night too. That is strange that Reese has had two colds already. J didn't get his first one til he was 3 months old.

Hi Susan and Christine! I was trying to remember what I read from yesterday but my memory fails me.... :D I'll check back later. Hoping to get in Disc 4 from STS and poss some cardio. We'll see how much energy I actually have.

oops...posted on last week.

Jen-that's great James slept! doesn't that always seem to be the case--baby sleeps but mom and dad don't

Melanie-Hardees brings back such memories for me! I rarely see them around anymore, but my mom and I went there when I was little whenever we would go shopping. Hot ham and cheese, milk, and one of those yummy big cookies!

Christine-glad you and DH got to snuggle and stuff . I'll let you know about the HRM. It may be a way to see if I like to use one before I take the plunge and spend a lot of $$ on one. I'm nearly the only one bringing in $$ in our house, so I have to watch it a bit.

Hope you all had a much better night than we did here. Reese fell asleep late, was up a couple times through the night, and Caden was up at 5:30. Reese has another cold, so I'm sure that was why she was having such a tough time. I can't help but wonder about her immune system, since she's had 2 colds in her short 5 week life, even though she is breastfed 50-75% of her food.

I HAVE to clean up my eating today. I am super achy and swollen today, likely from all the carbs from yesterday and too much salt from the past several days. I'm doing a full one hour workout, despite how cranky the kids might be this morning, as DH is going to a friend's house to watch basketball this afternoon.

have a good Sunday...time for my coffee!

__
ETA: Ok, I shouldn't be annoyed by Caden sleeping longer, but just as I was going to get him out of his crib, he went back to sleep! I guess I should have stayed in bed a little longer..I can never go back to sleep once I'm up at this time of the day.

Morning!
We had a pretty good night. K went down at 8..woke up at 10 then slept til nearly 5..then 8..not too shabby
Jen-sorry you and dh didnt sleep..but yayy for James sleeping! Have fune at nap time today!:)
Lisa-sorry R is sick..poor baby! Could Caden be brining it home from daycare? My friend has a baby K's age and 2 older kids 10,7...her baby, Madeline, has been sick a few times too.
Melanie-hope you slept well and have a grreeaat run!:)
Christine-how was your night?
Pricilla-I had dreams about you last night..we were talking about dental stuff in your office lol....do you have an accent?..in my dream you did lol:)
Waves to everyone. We are headed to Little Rock to shop

Ladies-lets have a clean eating and kegalthon of a week!

I will post my food to stay in line.
1-prot pancake, clemetine
2-banana, kashi granola bar
not sure of the rest yet since we'll be out.

Just fed baby #2 and I"m slamming a coffee. I'm hoping for one more BM before my run (had one super long one earlier).

I can't help but feel really far behind today...especially with the loss of an hour due to daylight savings time...and then losing a day/week due to work. Ugh! Spent much of morning cleaning up house from yesterday's workday (DH had a rough time).

Lisa~ I had to start REglan yesterday. As suspected, my BM production WAS decreasing...I only got 25 oz milk yesterday. You can request some from your ob/gyn....they should prescribe without an appt...it's commonly used. It can double your milk production...so BEWARE! lol Other things that can be tried (if you haven't already) is fenugreek, milk thistle, brewers yeast, increase dairy consumption, increase water consumption. Are you sure your weeone has a cold? I think itsy babies often get congested as part of their undeveloped respiratory system....especially in morning.

Good morning to all the rest of your marvelous mommies. I"m off to do my 9 mile run......get it out of the way, so I can focus on other things today. ;)

Hi fit mommies!

Susan, how funny you had that dream. I use to have dreams and nightmares about school, about failing my boards and all kinds of wear stuff. I heard it chases you up to ten years after you graduate. I do have a latin accent and the funny thing is that when I came to work here I thought I didn't have one LOL. I can't detected but most people do.

Melanie, you are gonna rock today! Lots of energy vibes for your run

Lisa, I often eat too much of a healthy food too!!! What's up with that? LOL I hope Reese get better during the day, the first few weeks can be hard for a newborn. Is she up for a pedi check up?

Jen, you didn't rest enough last night. We went to bed late last night (think 3:30am). We were at our Blble study and the host asked us to stay and even cooked for us that late! it seems like we all had our bad eating day yesterday.

Hi Christine, I was wondering how long are your workouts per day? You have so much energy, girl!

Off to church and then I'll squeeze a wokout in tonight

Well a couple of things going on here:

I only made it 6.75 miles without having to take a break. I then ran/walk to accomplish 9 miles. :( I am going to have to step back on the training. I was doing the intermediate training schedule...I'm going to step back to beginner (which is probably where I shoulda started, it being my first 1/2 marathon). :p

Secondly, I got the trots again. I've had the runs every since my run. No punn intended. I even took a Lomotil. I did take advantage of my run + diarrhea to weigh myself & do fat percentage. I got 137#, 26%....so that is cool.

The run was easier than the one I did Thursday so I think I"m getting stronger. I brought 1/2 L of Gatorade & drank some at each mile mark & I ate a Cliff bar an hour into it (maybe do it at 40 min next time). I burned over 1000 calories, so I gotsa be happy with that.

For lunch, we had some Susan's protein pancakes that were YUMMY to the MAX. Girl, you should submit to new receipes for $100 gift card!!! I added 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder & 1/4 cup of Splenda. I doubled receipe. The kids loved it too. I wrapped one medium sized pancake around 1/2 banana and ate as lunch with glass of chocolate milk.

So far so good:

B: steel cut oats, walnuts, 1/2 banana, coffee
S: Cliff bar + Gatorade G2 lime drink
L: Protein Pancakes + 1/2 banana + chocolate milk
S: 1/4 cup cashews
D: Not sure yet
S: strawberries + lite cool whip

WARNING, VIVID, DISGUISTING TMI LISTED BELOW:

Silly me, I forgot to comment about my hemrhoids. This last pregnancy really ripped my butt apart. :( Stupid Melanie decides to take a mirror down there to check things out after all that diarrhea. Not pretty. :( I have what looks like a cluster of grapes hanging around in a perfect circle around my anus. I may have to consider having surgery to have those removed at some point. They are just NASTY!!!!!

Melanie- Are they painful? If so, you can use topical lidocaine. Hydrocortisone works at shrinking them. Whenever I get teh trots, I get teh grape guys adn they last a few weeks. I find them so painful. You can get them excised at a proctologist office, they slice them and squeeze out the clot. IT is immediate relief, BUT, it weakens the vain adn you will have relapses... If you keep the stool loose enough to pass but not the loosy gooosies, you will have an easier time preventing more strain... I use Cirulax when I have flare ups... Not sure if you can use it nursing. The lidocaine really helps. I am sorry your run did not work out okay, I know that is frustrating. Try the beginner program, and maybe the diarrhea will pass too. I find that when I start runnign after takign breaks from it, I get teh poops a lot. I think it is partially the elecrolyte imbalance from heavy sweating as well as jostling around your insides... If it makes you feel any better, I had to run home to poop today. FOr some reaosn, I alwasy have to poop as soon as i hit the 10 mile mark.
Priscilla- I run with teh kids in teh mornign for about an hour and then when they nap in the afternoon, I try to squeeze in a DVD. Some days it works and some days it does not! How are you feeling? How is Daniel? Reading your post reminds me I need to get my teeth cleaned!
Jen- I hear you on the sleep mystery. The nights the kids sleep, I am awake. Go figure. What weight work out did you do? Did you check Craigs list for weights? Sliders and beer sound so stinkin' good! Jimmy wants sausage pasta for dinner.
Susan- You are the best eater ever. You do not buy naughty foods, do you? I get tripped up by the crunchy naughty stuff in the cupboard. THe tostitos and I had an intimate crunchy date here at the computer. I ate them all. Tacos next!
Lisa- I bet Caden is bringing it home. Jimmy got sick every other week when he tried out preschool. Even if Caden is fighting it off, maybe Reese is getting it... I would have the ped check her out, just in case. I am so sorry. There is nothing as tough as a sick kiddo on a mama. Did you get your workout in? Will Caden watch any shows? Jimmy loves Thomas, Chuggington, Handy Manny, Berenstein Bears, Go Diego, and you can get them for free on demand if you have Directv. Or if you go to itunes, you can buy them and he can watch on an ipod... It is how I get a workout in some days when there are no naps happening... I am happy to send you the timex. send me a message on FB, I never check on here, and I will pop it in the mail. I wight have an old Suunto one around. I will check. If so, you can have it!
Had a great run this morning, I ran 11.5 miles at a 8:32 pace. I had an argument with DH right before, and it was like a jet booster to my workout. We are okay now, so that is good. Jimmy is having a GREAT birthday adn it is wonderful. THis is the first birthday where he REALLY gets it. ANd is so happy. I got him sneakers with dump trucks that light up when he walks. ANd a carpenter set, some cars, and nowI need to bak the cake. John is snoozzing in my arms.
Catch you all later!!!

Melanie- I'm sorry about the hemis. I don't have any great suggestions like Christine. It is frustrating when your workout doesnt go as planned.

Christine- I used to take boxing/kickboxing and for some reason DH LOVED to get into argument with me right before the class. I LOVED it too! Guess whose face I saw on the bag???? Sounds like a great day in the Orr household. That is so cool that Jimmy finally gets his birthday. :D I did Meso 1 Disc 5 on STS. I am really liking the workouts. I did check Craigs list but the fitness warehouse by our house says they get in hex weights all the time used and he is supposed to call me as soon as they do. Sausage pasta? Recipe please...sounds yum!

Hi Priscila! Hope you had a good time at church!

Allison, are you okay??? Must be busy kegalin! ;)

I made a veggie/spaghetti casserole and white bean chili today. I don't know which one I want for dinner tonight.

I couldn't make any of me new recipes b/c they all have beans in them! lol Have to back off of the beans for a while!!!!

Imodium kicked in, I feel much better. I spoke to cross country coach (and friend of mine) and she suggested beginner's schedule (she was irritated that I didn't start with that to begin with). Oh well. I'll have more freedom (and crosstraining) with that schedule. :D

Christine, I'll get some lidocaine to keep around for the rrhoids. I use tucks pads for cleaning, hydrocortisone ointment for swelling, and the warm bath helped lots. No proctologists up here in these parts....I'd have to take a 7 hour journey back to MPLS to see one of them! lol Hopefully it won't come to that. Running is notorius for 'loosening" thing up for me. I hope that doesn't happen on race day! :eek:

Uh Oh! Myranda's crying....coming honey!!!!

I need to type up my sausage pasta recipe. It is what DH and Jimmy always ask for. IT is one of the "in my head" recipes. You can use turkey sausage and it is even healthier... I will get it up in the next day or so! Jimmy had a MONSTROUS meltdown before nap. He was so tired. He started laughing adn then it turned into crying. Both DH and I were frustrated. I got him into a warm bath, it always calms him ddown and then he got in bed. Both kids have snoozed a long time. Got to finish the cake!
Oh and mel, use the lidocaine a lot. I have found the grape guys get more painful around day 2 or 3. You poor thing! I hope that your bum feels better! I am the queen of hemis and know how crummy they are. Also, there is some perianal cleansing wash that you can sort of spray, like the things in the hospital. That is nice on the messy incidents. Sorry if TMI!:eek:

Christine~ you are such a wealth of information! I forgot about the peri bottle. That'd feel awesome when I'm unable to bathe. I'll have to be careful with lidocaine (and nursing). With the vessels being so big & inflammed they are more likely to absorb it...and they are bleeding a little too...so might have cracked one of those babies open? :eek: Thanks so much for your empathy!

Christine-happy birthday to Jimmy!
Melanie-I'll check with my OB on the Reglan when I go in a week from tomorrow. Since one of the side effects has to do with mood/depression, my guess is that she'd want to see me first, as at my 6week check up with Caden, I was borderline PPD (he was a terrible baby...and I say that with motherly love). Luckily, things are much happier with Reese. I'd like to discuss the whole mood thing with my dr. If I go on it, I'll make sure to not mention that potential side effect to DH..I don't need him trying to add that into his arsenal of why I get crabby with him. Sorry about all of the issues you've been having down south :(. Wow, 7hrs from Mpls?? whew..you are really far north!

Reese is still under the weather today. She's sneezy, congested, coughing, and her eye area is so red. She also still has some baby acne, so she really looks a mess! I'm sure Caden gave her the cold. He has a non-stop snotty nose from day care. I did get my workout out in--Cardio Fusion--and ate very well today, so I feel good about that.

Jamesfourmonths024-1.jpg

Mel- Are you dripping when you BM or is it when you wipe? You may have an anal fissure, if you see drops in teh potty. I have had mine streak blood, and that is good. It means there is still blood flow to the polyp. Which means that the body will reabsorb it pretty quickly. Can you take Motrin? That will help the inflammation a lot. Take 600 mg every six hours. As for the lidocaine, use it before a bm, to prevent straining. Also, standing long stretches makes mine worse, so be careful on work days. Also, it is RECOMMENDED (YAY!) to exercise, it increases blood flow to teh area, which helps reabsorption. I found the peri bottle so helpful, because with kids roaming around, I did not get to plop into a peri bath when needed. Also, get witch hazel, refrigerate it, and apply on the area. It si such a relief. I am so sorry and know it is awful. When I have the grapes, it is all I think about. And trying to pop them back where they go. Then you cough, and bamn, there it is again.
Lisa- I had PPD with my first and was close with this one (hemophilia really threw a wrench in things). Your hubby does not need ammo, do what you need to do. Not giving him details is okay. And, can I remind you that you are amazing? You have two kids under two and work and are a hottie! we will help you through all this!
Jen- Right on the fight thing? I CRUISED! The endorphins kicked in and I forgave him in my head and I lost my pace, so I had to get some angry rock again! I came hoem and we talked and we are okay. I am glad that we talked. We communicate so differently, men and women. I wish we were all neighbors and we could plop the kids in the playroom and work out and share weights! I am excited for you to get big weights! I only had 15 lbs as my heaviest dumbell before this. I was cheating myself! I hate the barbell, too dangerous with kids. I am letting my dumbbell in the garage rust.
Susan- are you busy with DH?
Allison- Miss you!
Priscilla- cannot wait to do Chalean with you next week.
I made a Lightning McQueen Cake for Jimmy (from Cars movie) and now off to have a glass of wine (mmmmmm) and make pasta! Ta ta for now!
And Jen, I will look at my sts series again. I have all the easter stuff in the cupboard where it is, so I am never in there in case jimmy sees all teh candy!

Lisa, if you're taking an antidepressant it may interact with Reglan. How is your milk production now? I think you posted that you were concerned with it at one time? Hopefully it's resolved itself. ;) I haven't dealt with PPD personally, but many woman have here on forum --feel free to use us for support if needed. :) We live in Baudette....which is 2 minutes from Canada. We have customs right here in our town. Do you know where Lake of the Woods is? That's where we live (the little nipple at the tip of MN). Reese has a full blown cold. ICK! Sorry to hear that. :(

Christine~ happy bday to Jimmy! Is he four now? Sounds like he had a wowzer of emotions today. YIKES. That's happened to my kiddos to a couple of times. Lots of emotions.

Precila~ how was church? I didn't go today. It's so hard for me to go when I work all day on Saturdays (excuses, excuses, I know). DH doesn't go with me...and I"m not brave enough to go alone yet w/the five kiddos. My congregation is wonderful, I"m sure they would help. Maybe next week. ...the other thing is that I"m considering changing churches b/c there aren't many kids there. We'll see.

Susan~ how did the rest of you eating go?

D: roasted chicken breast, Italian veggies, sweet potatoes, milk
S: lite cool whip + sliced strawberries, milk

**I"m worried about my milk still. Babies don't seem satisfied. I"m going to start pumping twice on my days off to see if that helps at all. BFing so important to me & I'll do whatever it takes to make it work --even if that means I have to cut down on working out.

I work tomorrow, so I'll chat with you gals on Tuesday. :)

Ha. Started writing that post hours ago...just finished it....and see I missed a couple posts.

Jen! That photo is great. YOu know what? At first I looked at it and I must have gotten white as a ghost b/c he looks like my girls! Can you believe it? I thought, where did that pic come from? It was freaky. LOL I think Justin & Jadon had the EXACT same shirt....so that added to my momentary confusion. LOL

Christine~ just spots of blood. I think I"m okay. I never try to put the grapes back in....do you? Everytime I fart I can feel the extension of my anus. It's so weird. It's as if my anus is 3 inches deeper than a normal persons. I hope they go down! I take ibu 800mg three times daily for my running pains anyway...so I should be good there. Witch hazel pads...do that (not in fridge).

Alrighty, have to help Jory with his homework!...

Whew..chatty ladies this afternoon!
Melanie-sorry about the hems..sounds very painful...hope you get some relief!
Christine-happy b-day to jimmy!
Lisa-hi..sorry poor R is still sick!
Pricilla-Hi
Jen-James is ADORABLE!!!!
Ok sorry to be so short. Will read over again tomoorow cuz i know I missed a lot
We shopped for quite a while today then grilled some steaks and chicken for dinner. Lisa..yayyy for eating better today..me too!

3-grilled chx sand with only half a ww bun
4-Odwalla bar, apple
5-chicken thigh, spianch, sweet potato,
6-small bowl of cheerios

ok off to bed..see you ladies in the morning!

Whew, I think it took me an hour to catch up on last week's thread!! You ladies were chatty!!

I ended up taking a computer break last week. I think I logged on only once, to check email. It wasn't intended, but I was in a funk most of the week anyway -- so not good company! I determined it was PMS (any day now). I had a not so stellar clean eats week -- ate lots of healthy food, but also wanted (and "enjoyed") salty "bad" stuff (but was proud of myself when we went to Friendly's to surprise Ella -- I got a side of broccoli instead of fries, and subbed grilled chicken for crispy on my sandwich -- and tossed the buttered bun aside). Only worked out twice too. But it's a new week and I'm feeling much more human :)

Sounds like a few of us are doing STS now!! I really enjoy it so far. I've been trying to do the 6 month rotation, but I think it's going to be too long for me. Well, for my attention span. So, I'm thinking I'll finish Meso 1 using the 8-week cycle and then do the one month per cycle for the other 2. The scale has not budged but jeans that did not fit now do -- woo hoo!

Lisa, what a great pic of your family on the Y brochure :) Pickle juice? Never heard of that before LOL

Jen, love the pic of James! I am a huge fan of Marshall's and TJ Maxx; so much so that I don't usually go in anymore. When I worked full time, I would go shopping almost every day at lunch! For bathroom rugs, check out Kohl's (if you have one) or Bed Bath & Beyond. Good luck getting the heavier dumbbells. I checked the Costco site; the ones I bought are not available through the site so I can't order and have them shipped to you :(

Susan, how is Kara doing with the flat sleep at night transition? It took Drew a few nights to get in the swing of things, but it seems okay now. He hates those sleep sacks, though. I have to try those protein pancakes still! I am sure I don't have the piece of paper anymore, so I'll have to search through old threads for the recipe!

Melanie, love the pics of the girls! They do not look they were preemies; both look so healthy and pink :) Sorry about the 'roids. I had them after both deliveries. I relied on the Prep H wipes and cream for some relief (but I think the relief was just in my head).

Christine, glad to hear DH made it home safely and that your time with MIL was nice. Kegalicious -- ROFLMAO! I made Ella a Lightning McQueen cake last year -- along with Flat Tire Burgers and Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad. She of course decided to eat NONE of it -- not even the cake. PITA. I actually made CL's White Bean and Turkey Chili n 3/6 -- that's too funny that you posted it this week. I really like that one.

Priscilla, sorry to hear that your friend's visit was clouded by the death of her grandmother. Glad you guys had so much fun together while she was there! That's awesome that you're enjoying CLX so much. I'm excited to try it! Neither of my kids were pacifier kids. I actually just threw all of Drew's out.

I have to get over to Facebook to check out everyone's pictures. I want to see all these DHs and updated pics of the kiddos!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.