Ethan James is here!

AlisonK

Cathlete
Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know about my wonderful news. My second son Ethan James was born on Tuesday May 28th. He was delivered by a planned c-section and everything went extremely well for both of us. He is healthy and beautiful and we are so blessed :) The big suprise for me was that he was so small (7lbs 13oz) compared to my first son who was 9lb 9oz!

The miracle for me was seeing how much I could love him from the minute he was born. I wondered how I would ever love my second child as much as my first despite everyone saying it just happens. Then he was born and I just had to hold him and look at him for a second and instantly I felt like I couldn't imagine my life without him. It is just so amazing how much love we really have to give :)

Alison

Congratulations Alison!

Glad everything went well for you and Ethan!!
Take care! Best wishes to you and your family!
Erica

Congratulations!!!

Glad that all is well, children are such little miracles!
take care-all of you :)
julie

Well done, hope the C-Section went well and you are recovering just fine. He sounds like a real honey!

Cheers, Liz N

Awwww!

Congratulations, Alison & WELCOME Ethan James!! (Love his name!) Sooo happy to hear that the c-section went smoothly and that you are all doing well. There is nothing more miraculous then the birth of your child. (& your grandchildren too! :7) Thanks for sharing him with us. We'll be waiting to hear more about him when you find time to post. CONGRATS!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Yay!

Alison, what wonderful news. I hope you have a quick recovery, and that you're out and about with your little ones soon. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, Alison -- and welcome Ethan! I'm glad to hear that it's possible to fall in love all over again (I've been a bit concerned about that issue myself). Best to you and your family.

Congratulations Alison! I'm so happy for you and can relate to your abundance of love for #2. It is amazing how quickly this bond forms. Now the hard part is finding the special "Mommy and Ethan time" to love and cuddle him in the same uninterrupted manner you were able to do with baby number one;-)! Get some good rest and keep us posted. Hugs to both of you.

Congratulations!!

I was thinking about you last week and wondering how you were doing! I'm so happy for you and your family -- what does your older son think of the new baby?

We'll have to compare notes on getting back to exercise after a c-section... Robby is 3 weeks old now, and I'm so eager to get back moving, but except for light resistance exercises with a dynaband and squats, I'm making myself wait... I'm supposed to be back to teaching my prenatal/postpartum class and a stroller class at the YMCA on July 8th... I'll be 7 weeks postpartum then which seemed like plenty of time until I had the emergency c-section... Now I know I'll be ready to exercise, but I'm worried that I'll be huffing and puffing during the stroller class since I've been taking it rather easy!!

I do get my InStep 10K aluminum jog stroller any day now (I ordered it from discountstrollers.com), so I'll be able to take the kiddos out walking, and that should be a big help... I got the sort of "deluxe model" and it has padded seats, so I'm hoping I can get the little one in a seat with some neck support. I was able to use my jog stroller with my first when he was 6 weeks old...

Well, I'm babbling... working on limited sleep!! :)

Enjoy this wonderful time!!!
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.