Did anyone loose weight pre-pregnancy?

madhura

Hey Gals,

We are planning to get pregnant in the next year or so. But prior to that I was planning to loose some weight (I am 5-2 and around 128 - healthy weight range for my height is 115-130) and I hope to be like 115-120 so that once I get pregnant I dont have like tons of pounds to loose!

I workout like 5-6 times a week cardio/ weight etc.

I know diet will help me loose weight but I was told that pre-pregn for at least a year you should not go on super protien diets etc that will help loose weight but then is not the best to prepare your body for your pregnancy.

I would appreciate if any one of you has used any pre-pregnancy diet to loose weight and could recommend one?

Thanks

Madhura

I didn't try to lose weight before getting pregnant, but I always tried to get back to pre-pregnancy before getting preg. again. If you are happy with your weight now I wouldn't try to lose any more weight. You can exercise and keep lean during your pregnancy so don't feel like you have to gain so much weight. That said in the past to lose weight I have always just cut down on total calories and workout out more. I never did a high protien/low carb or any of the other "diets" I just tried to cut out total cals and eat balanced. Maybe someone has a diffrent idea for you, but for me that has always worked. I have 4 children and I have gotten back to pp weight with each of them. Right now I am about 13lbs above my pp weight with my 4th, but I am not trying very hard to lose it. Working out good, but eating like crap. lol

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.