Did anyone else have sciatic back pain?

goldenrun358

Cathlete
Hey ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone else had sciatic back pain? I am almost 33 weeks and this intense sharp pain has just started in my left back and hip. I am sooo discouraged because it really hurts at this point to workout. Even walking is painful. I have too far left to go to just quit working out. I teach aerobics and on Thursday I taught a 1/2 hour cardio then hour long muscle and I left the gym limping, almost in tears, and knowing that was my last class for a while.

The other aches and pains of pregnancy are really starting to slow me down too. Not that I mind slowing down, but I don't want to have to completely STOP! I wanted to workout up until my due date (Sept 15th).

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you find anything that helped? Just two weeks ago kickboxing felt great, now I afraid it's going to make my pain worse!

Anybody have any suggestions or at least stories to share? I am feeling very disheartened!

Hi
Sorry for your pain but I am in the same boat. I am almost 29 weeks and the butt/hip pain is my main complaint. I had it also with my dd who is 9. All that really helps me is stretching and the occasional Tylenol at night. I have heard that a heating pad helps too. Thankfully, it does go away after having your baby. Sorry I wasnt much help!

Oh yeah! I had it from the moment DS was big enough to nudge things around. Working out helped, actually, as well as regular visits to the massage therapist.

You're almost through it! Hang in there!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.