Cathe how are you doing?

AmandaV

Cathe,

Just wondering how your checkup went - was it this past Friday? I hope all is continuing to go well with you. My next checkup is this Friday, although I think I may call and make it earlier - last week I saw my primary care physician (for a cold) and my pressure was up in his office. I had actually bought my blood pressure monitor with me and asked him to see if it was working correctly because all of a sudden I was getting readings that were much higher than normal for myself - I told him that I thought the machine was broken! Turns out, to my surprise, it isn't a machine problem, but a problem with me! So now I take it twice a day but it's still is remaining around the 140's/90's. Over the past few days I've also increased my water (I feel like I may float away) and am watching my salt intake. It hasn't really made much of a difference in the readings but I'll continue to do it anyway. I've also upped my fish oil and calcium intake. As of yet I have had very minimal swelling and just trace amounts of protein in my urine (which I also monitor at home - I like to play doctor on myself - hahaha)

If it's too personal, don't feel you have to answer, but I was just wondering if you knew what had caused you to go into labor early with your first son? I'm thinking because of this problem with myself all of a sudden, that I may go early. Also, have you decided on a name yet?

Sorry for such a long post - I'm anxious to hear how you're doing...

Take Care,

Amanda

Hi Amanda! My check up was good. I gained three pounds and my blood pressure and measurments were fine. I must have gotten my weeks mixed up since I thought I was 34 1/2 weeks and they said I'm only 33 1/2 weeks (wishful thinking on my part I guess;-)).

I'm sorry to hear of your sudden high blood pressure. I'm sure that your doctors are handling this appropriately. I wish you the best and keep me posted!

Nobody seemed to have the answer as to why I delivered Eric so early (perhaps he just outgrew his cacoon :)). Maybe it was because I was a bit nervous and stressed from having a shower thrown for me that day. I just woke up feeling a bit crampy and over the course of the day this intensified to where I called the doctor concerned and at that moment my water broke. He was born hours later just an ounce shy of 6 pounds and healthy.

Did your doctors say that there is a possibility of you going early due to your raised blood pressure?

Hi Cathe! Glad to hear that your checkup went well :) I hope that I'll be able to report the same this Friday after mine...

Thanks for sharing with me the story of Eric's birth. My mother had her first 3 weeks early with no answer as to why either, and also delivered a healthy baby.

My doctor said that if my pressure remains high without the other symptoms of preeclampsia (which would be one reason I may go early - hopefully it won't develop into that), then he will probably put me on some sort of bp medication because the high pressure could effect the growth of the baby. And by growth he means fat - he said it may make the difference between an 8 pound baby and a 6 pound baby.

I am a bit worried now that I have developed this condition - I seem to think about it all the time, which probably isn't good, but I'm just worried about her, is all. I'm anxious to see my OB on Friday and show her the record of my monitoring this past week and see what she thinks...

I'll let you know what happens at that appointment...

Take Care,

AmandaVL

Hi Amanda!

I now it's hard NOT to worry but I'm sure everything is just fine. Report back to us after your appointment on Friday. Do you have "her" name picked out yet??:7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.