C section Question

jenmgo

Cathlete
Hi everyone
I had a c section on 2/25 to deliver my baby. I did not want to have one, but i never dilated past 3 and my baby was a ten pounder so i had no choice after 22 plus hours of labor.

Lately my incision is bothering. i'll be two weeks into my healing and im trying to wean myself off pain pills. i was taking them four times a day and now its about two but sometimes more.

I was wondering, what is the incision supposed to look like around this point? becuase lately it feels raised and poofy and sticks out. Is this normal?

Hi Jen! Sorry you are feeling the pain. I never had one, but am curious to hear the answer as I just have this fear that I will need one for some reason this time. Just wanted to say I am sorry to hear how you are feeling. :( :(

Clarissa

I had numbness in the area for months after c/s procedure. It was raised & puffy for a long time too.

If there is any discharge, warmth or fever associated with your pain you need to contact your doctor immediately.

I used percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen) for 10-14 days post c/s....and this was suffice for both times. If your rate your pain from a level 0-10 (10 being most excrusiating & 0 being none) I would think you should be at "3"or lower at this point. If you're not...give you dr's nurse a call.

also, what kind of activity are you doing? When your sore, back off of activitiy,...sit or lie down and rest. Maybe your pushing yourself too hard? Also keep in mind that percocet (and other short acting narcotics) last 4-6 hours.

Congrats on your baby! Hope you feel better soon!

thank you clarissa and melanie
it is not red or oozng or anything like that. i feel ok for the most part, sometimes i feel pain or a tightness across the area but its improved a lot from the hospital. its just the incision itself is really poofy so i was wondering if that is normal

i am on oxycodone, motrin and stool softeners. im trying to drink water to counter the effects of the pain pills and im tryng to ween myself off of them and im partially successful at that but i still find myself needing some. im geting low tho and im worried one im out that is when i will need them. i wonder if i get refills, i'll have to check.

im not really doing any activities. yesterday i did light cleaning. the most i do is sometimes i'll cook or do dishes. most of the time im sitting around on the couch. im definately NOT working out and probably wont for a long time yet. my mom flies in tomrorw for 2 weeks so i'll have a lot of help then. looking forward to it

thanks for your input on the c section. sounds like what im experiencing is pretty normal

I just had my second c-section in October, and my incision this time around gave me a lot of trouble, sore, oozy and I always felt like I was splitting (of course I wasn't). I tried to do too much too soon. My doc didn't like that I was even loading the dishwasher and picking up toys. She wanted me to just do the bare minimum around the house (delegate the rest). Sounds like what you're experiencing is normal, but I think it's good to try to go off of the heavier pain meds. Ask your doctor about naproxin sodium (not sure if I spelled it right). That's what I was on; it's like prescription strength Aleve. I didn't breastfeed though, so I'm not sure if it would be OK since you're nursing. You'd need to ask.

Most importantly, no matter what we say, if you are feeling like something is off, you should call your doc/nurse and ask. You know your body better than anyone, and they are used to lots of questions regarding first-time c-sections.

Congratulations again on your beautiful new baby!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.