Baby Lauren is here!!

renae

Cathlete
Forgive me, this is just a cut and paste from my VF check-in post, but I'm sure you'll understand how little time I have right now! ;)

Anyway, here's the quick scoop: I went to the dr. on Tuesday, and she decided to strip my membranes. I started having mild contractions at 10:00 on Wednesday night, then went into the hospital around 7:00 am Thursday after spending the whole night awake with contractions. I was at 6 cm at 80% effaced by the time I got there, and was in quite a bit of pain. Luckily they got the anestheisiologist in there for me within an hour or so, and the epidural took effect and I was a much happier camper.

I started pushing around 11:40 am and delivered beautiful little Lauren Elizabeth at 12:06 pm. She weighed 6 lbs, 2 oz, and was 20 inches long. She had her cord kind of halfway around her neck and was getting distressed during the pushing so they used the vacuum to assist her way out during the last couple of pushes. She was soon screaming and letting us know she was perfectly healthy.

DH took some pictures and put them up on the web for the family ASAP. Here's the link if you're interested....keep in mind, the only one who looks great in any of these is Lauren!

http://shutterfly.babycenter.com/my/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b31d59e0c4cd

Congratulations Renae! Thanks for the pictures - Lauren is just beautiful!
Erica

Awww Renae!

She is just beautiful! What I can see of you in the pix, you look pretty good especially after what you went thru! Thanks so much for sharing Lauren with us and keep us posted.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Congratulations Ranae! Lauren Elizabeth is so beautiful and her coloring is just perfect. I bet I know what you are doing just this very second, cooing and cuddling your precious little girl. How cute to see that wrist watch placed on her chest. Were you doing that to help her sleep or just to give us an idea of how sweet and tiny she is? Best of luck to you and your family. Enjoy life, it doesn't get much better than this (unless of course you have more;-))!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.