All you moms of toddlers or had toddlers c'mere!

Boybert

Cathlete
I just have to vent & need some cyber friends to commiserate with. Aiden (16.5 months) is on his last two teeth coming in & boy do these spurts take it all out of both of us. He has been feverish, vomiting, and quite clingy for the past week. Don't get me wrong, I love my little guy to pieces and know it is hard for him but OMG it has been a stressful week. I can barely go to the bathroom w/o him freaking that I'm leaving. He doesn't want to be put down much, and generally is crabby all day. We haven't been able to do anything this week either. Didn't want to risk him puking on a friend! Anyway, sorry for mindless rambling, I am just so tired and drained today...

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Debbie, I'm sorry to hear that you and your little guy are going through such a rough time right now. Unfortunately I don't have any words of wisdom to bestow upon you that you probably haven't already tried such as Motrin, frozen teething rings, etc. Hopefully an end is in sight. Better days are just around the corner. Thank goodness teething doesn't last forever!

Best wishes,

Boy, do I know how you feel! My youngest (19 mos) had the worst time with most of her teeth - I had to carry her constantly for days (even IN the bathroom!!) Wish I could give you a break or at least a hug and pat on the back. It won't last forever - that was my mantra during those weeks... I hope it ends soon, for both your sakes!

I'm sorry to hear about your tough time. I know my little guy just passed that phase. It is tough, specially when they don't want you to leave them for one sec. I hope you have a lot of support from family, because being a mommy is the toughest job ever. Take a nap when he takes one, and you might feel better. I know that you must need the rest.

It's just a season and like everyone else says, it will pass. Just let the small stuff like housework go and relax and cuddle him.

If it continues, I would take him to the doctor, because perhaps his symptoms are not due to teething, but are due to some other sickness coinsiding with teething. Just a thought.

Hang in there:)
Maggie

Hi Debbie,
First I agree with Maggie, if symptoms continue, take him to the doctor , it may not be just teething. His symptoms sound more like a bug than just teething. Alexis has had trouble with most of her teeth. Baby tylenol was my friend during these times as well as a teething toy. You may also freeze washclothes then give it to him. Finally, allow him to cry at times so you can put him down and get stuff done and not lose your mind. He will survive the crying.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.