Ab exercise during pregnancy

ebs

Hi -- Some of you may know me as Elizabeth Stein from VF. I'm just getting back to exercise after a month of pregnancy-related slump (sleep getting priority over all else) but since I have a little time on my hands this week I'm trying to do right by my body.... Anyway, I'm not currently sufficiently in shape to touch my Cathe tapes, so this forum is probably a bit out of my league right now, but I'm having trouble with the VF forum so here I am.

I am 19 weeks pregnant and for most of my pregnancy I went to the gym at least 2-4 times a week. (I am normally a home workout person, but my schedule at my summer job didn't permit me to do that, so I joined the gym at work.) While I slept late a lot, when I went to the gym I still worked pretty hard. However, I neglected my abs because I always hate abs and pregnancy seemed to make them a lost cause. Then, in mid-July, I started sleeping later and my gym workouts went out the window entirely.

My summer job is over and so I'm returning to home workouts. I'd like to get back on track, including with respect to my abs, but now that I'm getting noticeably "big" I don't know what's safe. I can still lie comfortably on my back, but I understand that won't last.

I have a pretty big Cathe collection (all on DVD, so I could easily skip straight to abs if the rest is too tough, which right now certainly is), but I assume most of her crunches are out! Are "plank"-oriented workouts better? Or would something non-video be best? (FWIW, I'm hoping to get through w/o acquiring preg. videos and just going low-impact on what I've got -- except I may get a couple of pregnancy yoga videos since way too much of yoga is already off-limits for me!)

Talking to myself

Sorry, scrolling down I saw another thread on this topic, quite recent. Sorry for the redundancy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.