41 week check-up

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Well, apparently I'm 41 weeks pregnant! Just got back from the doctor...my cervix is still "thick and closed", with baby at -3 station. I'm scheduled for two non-stress tests next week on Monday and Thursday - which will be my appointments until baby is ready to come out!

I'm fine with being overdue. Though I know we didn't miscalculate our due date (so baby is definitely overdue), I know mister-sister will come when ready. My husband and I have worked hard to tell our friends, "Don't call us. We'll call you." My poor mother-in-law (whom I love) came on the 4th and leaves on the 27th. I feel a little pressure to "perform" but my DH keeps telling me, "We told her the risk she was taking before she bought her tickets and she still chose to come - and early at that. Don't worry about her plans." I actually think baby may have a little "performance anxiety"!!!!. My medical practice will not induce until baby or I are in distress. One of my bosses said she was 18 days overdue with her 2nd (and she planned her pregnancy).

I'm debating working my full-time job until I go into labor, so as to maximize my stay-at-home time. But...my boss is a nightmare so it may be in our best interest to take some time and just teach my classes.

You all are NOT banned from inquiring. Somehow no one on this site irritates me the way my friends and family do - go figure!!!;)

I'll keep ya posted! jeni

Hang in there Jeni - you have a great attitude! I'll be thinking about you and anxiously awaiting the good news about mister-sister!

Dana

Jeni, I'm in awe - you're still teaching:)! Good for you! You're right, mister-sister will come when good and ready and probably when you least expect it. I'm sure Grandma will get lots of time to enjoy the baby before she has to go home.

Take care and keep us posted!
Sandi

I am always a week or more late it seems! I'm really blessed to hear about how the practice your dealing with is handling things~WAY TO GO! and almost unheard of! (((((HUGS))))) and bellyrubs! sandi

It's ALMOST here! Glad to hear you have a good relationship with your MIL. I can see where that would put a lot of stress on the situatiuon. Sounds like you are handling it very well. Good Luck and I am dying to hear if it is sister OR mister!!! Hang in there~You're almost there!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.