3 month scan!

Fitnik

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-13-02 AT 10:58AM (Est)[/font][p]DH and I are so happy and relieved - we had our 3 month scan this morning and everything is fine. Our little one was literally kick boxing and was so active, constantly moving. I now have 5 fibroids but none of them are near the cervix and the doctor said he was not worried about them in any case as the baby was fine. Baby’s actually a week bigger than average so either I conceived before I knew it or baby’s going to take after it’s father (my DH was a BIG baby!) Our doctor said baby’s 60% likely to be a girl!!!!!!! DH and I were so emotional - the whole thing still seems like a miracle.

We are over the moon and so happy that all is well - pregnancy is a stressful business and a constant source of worry, at least for me! But I feel a bit less worried now.

We have lots of pictures and I will try to scan them in at work if I can work out how to use the scanner - my memory’s really going these days!

Just wanted to let you all know!

PS

They had told me to come with a full bladder so I drank 2 litres of water before getting to the hospital. Well, when we started scanning, all they could see was my bladder and nothing else!! The doctors couldn’t believe I’d drunk so much and we all laughed - I had to actually go to the loo before we could even begin to see our little one! But they did say it’s good I drink so much water! Lol!

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

HOORAY!!!

Fitnik, what happy news! See, those pesky fibroids are just gonna be a big annoyance, that's all!

Enjoy yourself during this wonderful and special time. It won't be long now before you'll feel your little Kerry Strug in there vaulting and flipping -- the oddest and most fabulous sensation on the planet!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

Congratulations!

Isn't seeing your baby on the ultrasound the MOST incredible thing? Actually, it's the beginning of a whole new life of most incredible things. And a little girl, how wonderful! Keep us posted :)

Sandi

Congratulations, Fitnik!

How did the doc pick out you were having a girl at this early stage? Just curious! :)

Sounds like you're going to have a really active kickboxing and fitness type, just like Mom!

All the best,
Liz N (who is also having a girl!)

I know - it is early - but the picture was very clear and the baby was constantly moving so the doctor made a calculated guess - 60% in favour of a girl! This might change by the next scan though..... :)

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.