Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Is yogurt considered a protein or carb???

This is a discussion on Is yogurt considered a protein or carb??? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; This is so confusing. I'm eating 5 smaller meals throughout the day and trying to be sure I eat a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Cathlete
Carmen829's Profile Fields

Default Is yogurt considered a protein or carb???

This is so confusing. I'm eating 5 smaller meals throughout the day and trying to be sure I eat a protien/carb/fat each time. I'm eating 80 cal no fat yogurt for snack. Protien content is 5 g and carb content is 16 g. So does this count for a protien or carb? Should I have that and a 29 gram protein shake?

Any help would be much appreciated.

On a side note, I've really cleaned up the eating, having more fruits and veggies thoughout the day and love the results I'm seeing.

Thanks. Carmen.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Cathlete

80% of the calories come form the carb count and 25% of the calories come from protein. I usually consider yogurt a carb source.

Are you trying to balance a certain amount of carbs, fat, and protein ratio for each meal? Whoops, I just re-read your post.

Well what are the ratios you are trying to get achieve?

Last edited by atiman; 01-08-2009 at 03:07 PM..
Old 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
DeCathelete
kathryn's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen829 View Post
I'm eating 80 cal no fat yogurt for snack. Protien content is 5 g and carb content is 16 g.
With that breakdown, it's definitely more carb than protein (is this a sweetened yogurt? Unsweetened/plain would be more balanced between protein and carbs).

IMO, 20 grams is a bit high on the amount of protein to have at one time (YMMV). I'm pretty sure 20 gm is an amount I've seen as what one can absorb and use at once (but bigger people would be able to use more). The rest pretty much goes to waste (litterally and figuratively, if you get what I mean).

^. .^
> ^ <

5k racewalking PR: 34:42 (11/26/11)
Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Cathlete
Carmen829's Profile Fields

Thank you.