what would you do?

Jacque1038

Cathlete
On Monday I am starting up school again after winter break. Due to my work schedule, my school schedule and my family's sleep schedule I will only be able to work out with Cathe two days a week(the bedrooms in our house are close to the workout room so it would wake them up). So I am able to work out with Cathe on Sat and Sun.
However I can go up to school early on MWF and work out in the school's pretty nice gym.

I was thinking maybe do GS: Chest and Triceps on Sunday, Monday do an Itrain on the TM, Wed do a short run and a long leg workout at the gym, Friday do another ITrain and on Saturday do GS: Back, Shoulders and Biceps. However I am not sure. What would you do if you had to use the gym three days a week and at home workouts for two? I am a little at loss as to how to do an effective weight workout in the gym because I have always had Cathe to guide me. Any good websites or books to help me? Thanks

Sounds like you have a good idea on how to get started.

I am not familiar with any books, but subscribe to a few magazines that constantly have workouts in them. (Self, Oxygen, Fitness)

Maybe you could check out some of them - or do a search on amazon.com.

There will probably be quite a few here that can help since many have basically set up "weight rooms" at home. (Sure wish I had a basement)

Am glad to see that you will be sticking with your workouts - good luck with both your exercising and schooling.

I work out on occasion at a gym. I try to do my cardio there and weight works at home but I do like to hit the weight machines for a change of pace. I also have written up plans using "Oxygen" or "Muscle and Fitness Hers" as guides. I have designed workouts and put them in a binder along with charts to track my efforts and I keep the binder with me. You can also look for ideas using the Body Sculpting Bibles which are likely available through your public or college library (if they are not in your library ask about interlibrary loan). There is a whole series for women that would give you a good start. Good luck, hang in there, and kudos for working your brain and your body ;)

Why don't you print off Cathe's rotation for one body part per day? You could easily pull that off in the gym. And, you'd be sure to have an effective well rounded workout each day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.