Wal-Mart now has 8-lb. medicine ball

elsie3

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Just a little FYI

I was in Wal-Mart on Wednesday, and they now have an 8lb. medicine ball. I got a 10lb one there before Christmas, so I'm out of luck: But for those of you still looking, I'm sure it's the best price you'll find. (I forgot to see how much it was, however--sorry). They also had a padded barbell set with neoprene weights, but it was super light-weight (4lb plates at the heaviest). But I am glad to see that there is starting to be more equipment available for women's fitness.

Carol F

I am guessing you paid at LEAST half of what you would pay at a sporting goods store for your ball. I bought my 10 pounder at Walmart for $16 or $18...something like that but the sporting goods store right ACROSS the street was asking $43.00! In there defense, the $43.00 ball had the Nike logo on it (rolling my eyes so hard I think I hurt myself).

Walmart is always my first check point when looking for more equipment.

My Wal-Mart usually sucks when it comes to stocking sporting equipment, but to my wonderous eyes did I see the 8-lb medicine ball, plus a pile of resistance band kits when I went shopping there on Tuesday! I bought the resistance bands, and will purchase the medicine ball at my next outing.

I hope this isn't just a "New Years Resolution" sale, and once they're gone, they're gone!

Yep,
I saw them too. They are purple (my favorite color) and the cost 15.47. I had already bought a green one at Dickssporting Goods for 25.00, so I'm looking for my receipt so that I can return it.

You ladies are so lucky! My Wal-Mart, out here in the middle of hickville, hardly has any exercise equipment at all. Guess they figure we ladies out in the country don't need to exercsie. x(

Maybe Cathe' trip to that convention in Florida will give retaliers some new ideas!!!:)

Grrr Carol!

I am not happy with you right now! I just got back from WalMart. I went with intentions of buying JUST the med ball and walked out with it, the BodyWedge that our own Franci promotes and the Body Glide workout that our Kathryn promotes. OH BOY! Also, I got the "Do It Right" Shape book that has the 75 best Body-Sculpting exercises for women. (Like I don't KNOW what they are already! Duuuh!) Between all these things and a few beauty/cosmetic needs, I spent a whopping $118.00!!! Thank goodness I have my own checkbook. Now, if I can only find room to put that new BodyWedge. I am not sure why I made a spur of the moment purchase on all these items as I am certain Hardcore is going to keep me plenty busy the next few months. Okay, off to try some new gifts to myself! :7 (Carol, thanks for the heads-up on the med ball. I THINK???)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Grrr Carol!

Hey Debbie H.! What exactly is the Body Wedge? I'm not sure if I've ever heard of it!

Kim

Hi Kim!

Here is the link to the Bodywedge21. It is a piece of equipment that you do 21 exercises in 21 minutes. I got the inflatable one and am hoping it is as sturdy as the black one featured in this link. I didn't realize there were two different models. I will talk to Franci to see if there is a difference and get back to you. The inflatable model might be a great option to take with you on vacation??? Plus, it is cheaper! :) I'll be in touch.

http://www.bodywedge.com/homepage.html

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Also Kim...

Do a search here for Bodywedge and Francigirl and you will come up with quite a few posts about the BW21! She has a wealth of knowledge and it certified in it. Let me know if I can help more.

Hmm Debbie I didn'nt know Walmart had the Body Wedge. Francine has a lot of knowledge. Would like to find this. I usually avoid the Super Centers so guess I will have to check it out. My med ball came from Walmart at 10 lbs. . I am wanting at least a 15 lb.. I have the smaller 2.5 lb balls that I got from Walmart. I hardly use them, but every once in awhile I do. Walmart, in my experience has had the best prices on these things.
Diane Sue

Hi Diane Sue! (looong!)

I was so surprised when I saw the BW21 at Walmart and when I saw it was only about $20.00 I figured that was a great price. (I didn't realize it was the inflatable one as opposed to the sturdier foam type.) It also came with a large poster and DVD workout. I'll let you know what I think after giving it a whirl. I also bought my 10 pound med ball at Walmart too when someone here gave us the heads-up last year. I use it for Bootcamp & Muscle Endurance but there are times I wish I had a bit lighter. (My reason for wanting the 8 pounder.) Not to mention, I'm a fitness-toy obsessed type of gal! :7 I tried the Bun & Leg Glider workout today and really liked it. I figured I was going to be really sore but not sure what I am going to feel more sore from...I was taking a picture outside our front window at an opossum that had climbed our berry tree and was eating away and it started to climb back down when it saw me so I leaned closer to take the pic and the stool I was standing on gave way under me! I went crashing backward to the floor and hit both the couch and the coffee table on my way down. OUCH! Luckily, nothing serious other then it pulled my thumbnail back, a large bruise on my arm and two huge bruises on both outer thighs! Of course, my only thoughts as I was bouncing off oak furniture was, Oh, my Cathe Hardcores are coming!Please don't be injured! Whew, a few black and blue marks I can deal with and I KNOW I am going to be sore tomorrow but fine. MORE then you wanted to know, eh? Plus, I think I broke our digital camera! :-( I feel so bad about that but hubby was so kind and said the camera he can fix/replace. Sooo you guys, if you see any furry friends in the trees, don't run for your camera! :) Diane Sue, I'll keep you posted on the workouts. Let me know if you get them.

RE: Grrr Carol!

Sorry Debbie!
But hey, I just went in to get a birthday present for the little neighbor girl, and I came out around $100 as well. I had to check the clearance racks. But I take comfort that my biggest purchase was carpet-cleaning solution (which came in handy that very evening when my 4-year-old dropped a glass of cranberry juice on our carpet).

Glad I'm know I'm not the only one!

Carol F

RE: Hi Diane Sue! (looong!)

Carol,

Thanks for the tip. I am going to Wal-Mart to see if my Wal-Mart has the 8 pounder yet.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.