Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Two Equipment Questions

This is a discussion on Two Equipment Questions within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi everyone I'm thinking about getting a weighted vest. Is the one Cathe sells high quality, decent fit for females? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Cathlete

Default Two Equipment Questions

Hi everyone

I'm thinking about getting a weighted vest. Is the one Cathe sells high quality, decent fit for females? Any other recommendations. I have a petite but fairly muscular frame.

Also, the slanted risers. I've found some on Amazon but was surprised by the price. Are they worth the purchase? Any other sources than those I found on Amazon?

Thanks for all responses and suggestions!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Cathlete
LovingLife's Profile Fields

I found Cathe's weighted vest for less than 1/2 the price at Ross about a year ago. I don't know if they are still selling, but it was a great deal!

I'd like to get some slanted risers, too. I still just slant the step on my regular ones and put weights at the bottom to keep it from slipping.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Cathlete
lisa_la_machina's Profile Fields

Hi Swimmer! I have Cathe's 12lb weighted vest and her 20lb weighted vest (I think the 20lb vest is adjustable, but I always keep it at 20lbs). I never use the 12lb vest, but I use the 20lb vest quite frequently. I guess if you want to lift heavy heavy, you might want to find a heavier vest, but the 20lb works great for me and is high quality. I think I've had it for at least 2 years.

As far as the slanted risers go---are you planning on doing STS? IMO the slanted risers are must-haves if you are planning on doing STS. Unless you have a traditional weight bench, I personally would find it a safety issue to lift some of the Meso 3 weights on a step bench resting on regular risers. I have also used the slanted risers for some other instructor's DVDs (like Amy Bento), but honestly I mainly use them for STS and for pregnancy, when I can no longer lie flat on my back. I really don't use them for anything else. So, unless you are going to do STS (or maybe going to have a baby ), the slanted risers probably aren't worth it. Just my two cents.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Cathlete

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_la_machina View Post

As far as the slanted risers go---are you planning on doing STS? IMO the slanted risers are must-haves if you are planning on doing STS. Unless you have a traditional weight bench, I personally would find it a safety issue to lift some of the Meso 3 weights on a step bench resting on regular risers. I have also used the slanted risers for some other instructor's DVDs (like Amy Bento), but honestly I mainly use them for STS and for pregnancy, when I can no longer lie flat on my back. I really don't use them for anything else. So, unless you are going to do STS (or maybe going to have a baby ), the slanted risers probably aren't worth it. Just my two cents.
Thanks to you and to LovingLife for the vest info. That's a great tip on useing a weight to keep the bench from slipping!

My husband got me STS, XTrain, and 4-day Split for my 50th birthday (this past Wednesday)!! I liked them better than the watch he also got me, but that's our secret, ok? Yep, I prefer not having to schlep down to the dungeon (basement) to use my weight bench, which is why I was asking about the risers. I ended up ordering them from Amazon, actually.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Do you have Tuesday Morning in your area? I'm in the Chicagoland area and noticed Cathe's weighted vest there last summer (didn't buy it). I think it was about $20.