Turbo Tower and Barbell

ElleJay

Cathlete
Hi All - I'm having a problem with the width of the turbo tower, the barbell hangers and the width of my barbells. Neither one of them is wide enough in where the plate stop is to fit on the barbell hangers and I've had to rig something up further down with speed clamps - not feeling really safe with this rig :(

Those of you with the turbo tower - can you tell me what brand of barbell you are using that will fit the hangers? The ideal one will have a little padding to make squats a little more comfy :)

I think this was answered before, but I couldn't find the thread where it was...Apologies beforehand...

Hi,

I use the Troy Lite barbell and it works fine. Just put a piece of pipe insulation over it in the middle when you do squats, cheap and it works!

I also use the Troy Lite and it fits perfect! I have a barbell pad which you can pick up at any sporting goods store. (Maybe even Walmart/Target) They def make a huge difference in comfort.

I use a barbell that I purchased at Dunham's Sporting Goods. It's by CAP, and the pad is one that can be picked up at any sporting goods store.

I have an AFNA barbell that I got a MC Sports. Fits just fine, in fact, I probably have 2 inches or so on each side after the barbell rests and before the plate stops. I think I bought my barbell pad at Dick's.

Maybe just measure and take a measuring tape with you when you go to buy a new one. I think Walmart sells one similar to the Troy Lite. I would think it would fit.

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.