Tosca Reno's books

berry99

Cathlete
I am jumping on the bandwagon a little late, but I am interested in Tosca's books and have a Barnes and Noble gift card burning a hole in my pocket }( . Is it worth getting both of these books? Is one better than the other? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Karin,

I'd say to start with her first book (_The Eat-Clean Diet_) and then move on to the cookbook if you like her ideas. To be honest, I don't find myself using the cookbook all that often since some of the recipes require a lot of prep or cooking time.

But her book is great! It's very motivational, and I often pull it out to re-read when I haven't been quite so good with my eating. She also includes a few recipes that you can try out.

HTH!:)

With all due respect to Leanne;) hey girl!

I found her book to have pretty basic ideas...stuff that most of us understand, eat your veggies, fruits, clean proteins, complex carbs, etc....but as some have found, she uses a "tone" or something, frankly I found her to be a little stuck-up for lack of a better term. And if you are watching your sodium, then watch out for her recipes which contain lots supposedly.

But having said that, if you are kinda lost about the whole "clean eats" thing, than by all means pick it up,its worth it for that, plus its pretty cheap!:) I never use cookbooks to cook "clean" when I cook, I go all out and get down and dirty with cooks like Nigella Lawson, Paula Deen and Giada!}( Have fun at Barnes and Noble, I love that store. :7

Thanks ladies! I was going to order online, but maybe I should go to the store and check these books out to see if I am actually interested in them. It doesn't seem like they are must haves though. Hmmm, what else can I get :)?

I have to say that I use her receipes a lot. However, I am a big cooker. I have not found anything that was bad. All the recepies were very tasty. I say go for the cookbook if you like to cook and don't bother with the diet book although it has some great receipes in it as well.
LD

You could test drive Tosca's books by checking out from the library. I have been enjoying the 2006 Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook with over 500 recipes that I checked out.

Diane

>You could test drive Tosca's books by checking out from the
>library. I have been enjoying the 2006 Weight Watchers New
>Complete Cookbook with over 500 recipes that I checked out.
>
>Diane

I would love to but my library doesn't have any of her books except for one of her Butt ones :7 .

I noticed you subscribed to Clean Eating. Being that she is heavily present there, use that for now and see if a pattern develops. Although I think that magazine will be enough to get the clean eating point across, and her recipes will be there, too. I would use the cert for other books.

I wanted to like her book and was excited to receive it the other day from Amazon. But I have to tell you, I found it extremely redundant and boring. I should have made the trek to Border's first because if I had previewed it first, I never would have bought it.
A waste of $$$, IMO.

Sarah

Wow, I am so glad that I asked first. I think I will go check out the books in person first. I am thinking more and more that I won't really like them, but maybe if I see a recipe or two that I like I will copy it down in B&N :7 .

I liked her Clean Eating book, but did not buy her cookbook. She just came out with the Eat Clean Diet Workout book, which looks interesting. You may want to take a look at Martina Navratilova's book "Shape Your Self." I just got it and I'm enjoying reading it.

I, too, was disappointed in her book. There was very little content but lots and lots of pretty pictures - not what I paid for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.