Thread ratings

At the right side of the top of each thread, there is a drop down box labelled Rate Thread. I rate all my threads excellent, because, well, they are.:cool:;)

Hey! That's pretty cool.:cool:

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I don't get it either, actually. Who looks at a thread and thinks, "Oh, I'm totally giving this one 1 star," ?

Unless someone has a grudge against someone for some reason, or just doesn't agree with thoughts expressed in the thread. That's why I don't like the idea: giving high ratings to 'friends' and topics you agree with, while giving low ratings to those you don't play well with, or ideas you don't agree with, as a kind of censor (instead of simply ignoring the thread, or deciding not to visit again).

IMO, it can take away from the positive sense of community that many of the new features encourage (except that "friends"' thing, which I don't really get the purpose of, besides a 'popularity contest' or 'bragging rights'--so I haven't made any requests).

Unfortunately, IMO, I think this thread has just encouraged people to start using the rating system.:(

I do not personally like the ratings system either. People are already rating things now with 4 stars etc... It's just silly.

I do not personally like the ratings system either. People are already rating things now with 4 stars etc... It's just silly.

And to have as options "2 stars = bad" and "1 star = terrible"? That's just mean spirited.

I think there is actually another feature that goes along w/thread ratings that literally ranks a forum member's popularity, but SNM has it disabled. So you kind of have only half a feature working here.

And I agree, I don't like the whole thread rating thing either. Too subjective & high schoolish for my taste. I can't imagine why anyone would give one star to a thread for any reason other than bitchiness. :eek:

Unfortunately, IMO, I think this thread has just encouraged people to start using the rating system.:([/QUOTE]

My point in starting this thread was NOT to encourage the rating of threads. I happened to notice that a thread was rated & wondered how it was done. I cannot imagine anyone rating one as 1 or 2 either. If you don't like it, simply don't read it. However there have been a number of very informative threads that IMO warrant a 4 or 5 star.

However there have been a number of very informative threads that IMO warrant a 4 or 5 star.

I guess I look at even a 4 star rating as being negative. Why take off a star? If it was helpful, give 5 stars, if not don't rate it. I'm so glad they took off the personal ratings. Those can get sooo catty!

I tried to rate this thread a 5 to see if it would bring the overall rating up. My pop up blocker won't let me vote:rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.