Supersets/ Push Pull DVD

violinga1

Cathlete
I am becoming a Cathe fanatic as far as her weight workouts, and thought I was pretty pleased with my collection. I usually do my own cardio (running, spinning, walking) because I cannot do complicated step! Over the past year I have collected the following DVDs:

Pure Strength, Slow and Heavy, Gym Styles, Power Hour +, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance/Bootcamp, and the Pyramids.

I was wondering if the Supersets/Push Pull DVD would be a good addition or not? How do you use these, or recommend I incorporate these with what I have? Just use together for a few weeks before moving on to something else? From what I gather, these seem like "easier" workouts, just wondering if they would be good to add or worth skipping. TIA for any suggestions. :)

They are great workouts but are more beginner than the ones you already mentioned owning. You are best with what you have but may want to consider Drill Max or B&G.

Clarissa :)

i agree with the above poster. i would definately invest in butts and guts! also, if you like circuit workouts, high step challenge is a killer!

Supersets is my FAVORITE weight workout. I do, however, add either the blasts from LoMax or the bonus add on from Butts and Guts. During all of the upper body ball use, you can really feel it working the core. Push/Pull is also a great wo to have during those days you don't have a full hour to invest.

I think this DVD is one of those rare little gems that when you first see it you wonder where it's luster is, but then you get into the premixes - like the double or triple PP Lower or Upper Body and then you realize it's worth. I love PP for a great 2 day split. And Judy (JAFitMama) put together an Upper Body mish mosh using both PP/SS that is guaranteed to leave you weeping for mercy. It is definitely worth your while. But it IS a bit easy when done just "as is".

I like SS/PP. Its a good workout, great premixes, and its something different. I think it is worth having just for the premixes alone!

Deanie

I LOVE this DVD. I think people assume it is more beginner because it is shorter, but if you heavy up, it is a kick butt workout. I love the rounds and some of the unique exercises. One of my fave moves is in PP where she does static lunges with the front heel lifted. This DVD holds a special place in my heart. Oh, and the music is pretty rockin', too.

Debbie

Google THIS.

ITA with Christine, Deanie, and Debbie -- SS/PP is an awesome workout! I bought this one after Gym Styles, MM, and ME, and I didn't feel like I took a step backwards at all. It's nice to have a variety.

i agree with the premixes but also remember since this is part of the body blast series you have the workout blender to make up your routines as well. i think that is a great perk to this dvd. but doing the workouts as is has also been great for me b/c like others said you heavy up and you get it done and out the door. perfect for short on time days.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/276676894.jpg

I really like this DVD, too. I like the combo of exercises and the variety of ways Cathe uses to work your muscles. I am never bored with this one!
Ellen

I really like this DVD a lot too. In fact, I just did SS this morning. It was a great workout and I didn't have to spend a ton of time lifting. I am trying to workout in the mornings so anything that is over an hour long right now is not appealing to me. These workouts get the job done in a short amount of time. Also, the premixes are great and like Kassia said the workout blender is awesome.

Ahhhhh - I thought the first few posters steered me clear of this one, but looks like I'll have to buy it. Thanks all.

The music to SS is some of the bet Cathe has put together. I sometimes do this workout when I need a mental boost because the combo of exercise and great music is a real lift.

On PP I like to do the double up premix, two times through the whole thing. At the end of that I am seriously worked out and feeling happily tired.

I don't think it is "beginner" at all.

Clare

Thanks Michelle! That's it! I have it printed and tucked into the DVD case - I don't have to copy it now! Might pull it out and do it next week! :p

PP does not use a stability ball, SS does. But, I think you can sub a step or a mat for the stability ball parts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.