Summer Blast check in - week starting 8/9

dutchgirl

Cathlete
It's Monday morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Another fabulous weekend in my neck of the woods so I have no complaints.

Had a pretty decent workout week last week. Here's what it wound up looking like.

M- Kari Anderson Hot Steps
Tu- 40 minutes weight work at hotel fitness center
W- CIA 2202 All Out Hi/Lo w/ Franny
Th- Firm Super Sculpting (geesh, the older Firms are so overly dramatic. It's just an exercise video people!)
F- Rest day
Sa- Rhythmic Step
Su- Firm Body Sculpt from the first system

I missed doing yoga and am going to make an extra effort this week to crave out some time at least twice this week to add in some yoga.

This weekend I am having a bunch of people over to my house for a brunch before we all go the the Northern California Small Brewer's Festival. Since that day will be a day of good food and beer, I'm going to kick it up a notch this week so I can enjoy myself without guilt. So today did IMAX 2 get things started. WOW!!!!

Hope to 'hear' from everyone soon!

Hey there!

Hope everyone is doing good.

Well in my neck o' the woods ; the hubby is back at work from being on leave for 2 weeks and the kiddos are in their 2nd week of school. Which for me means, my house will get back in some order and my eating and workouts will go as planned (I hope).

I'm following Cathe's August Rotation and yesterday I did the step premix of Cardio & Weights along with PLB; boy are my glutes feeling a bit of DOMS in that area.
I'm doing the 2nd week of that rotation so... since it is so darned HOT here. There is no way I'll be running outside ... my treadmill has been taken hostage by my hubby's tools in the gararge and I can't get to it :( so I'll be doing intervals 6-10 of IMAX 2 along with PUB which will be done 1st.

Here's hoping some of the check in mates will post if to just say hi! :)

Hey Shy wolf and Sabine!
This month my focus is Cathe's August rotation. I posted on the "lower body rotation check-in" so I won't be a bore and double post my workouts here.

Have a good week and keep up the good work.
Shy wolf~ wow school starts early in the Carolinas! My kids don't go back until September 8th! And, my oldest will return to college the last weekend of August. We are still trying to have a summer, except for the thunderstorms that like to hang over upstate NY!

Good morning everyone!

Well, there's just under two weeks until school starts here. I've been enjoying sleeping later and still getting to do one hour or more workouts in the morning. That will all end soon!

I'm still doing mostly Slim Series. Last week, I did Pilates one day in the morning, and a Tae Bo 30 minute workout in the evening; another day I just did Tae Bo in the evening, with all of the other days being SS. Saturday, I did SS Tear it Up. Sunday was a long workout day--I did the shortened Step Blast step from the Timesaver DVD, all of Firm Abs (three 10 minute workouts) and then Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch. Yesterday was just 30 minutes of Pilates in the morning, and today was SS Shape it Up.

I'm trying to stretch for 10-15 minutes every evening because it helps me sleep.

The rest of this week will be all SS: Firm it Up, Mix it Up and Tone it Up thourgh Friday. On Saturday I'm taking the boys to see my parents for a few days. I'll try to get in a 30 minute cardio workout before we leave, and then take a short Pilates or cardio tape to do at their house. I've also been reading about doing 100 rep workouts on VF; I may try that one day.

I hope you all are well. Sabine, the Brewer's Festival sounds cool--enjoy! Vilma, I know at times you probably miss having the kids around now that there back at school, but I envy you having your days to do whatever needs to be done, and some of what you want to do too!

editted to add: Hi Judy, boy your kids go back late! Mine got out June 18, and are going back Aug. 23. Supposedly they'll get out June 3 next year, if there are no snow days, with the latest last day being June 8.

Have a good day!

Well school here will be starting after August 25th starting next year as the governor just passed a bill yesterday. I could have really used that tax free weekend that just happened but oh well ..next time - right?

Judy I just started posting on that same checkin today.

Yup I'm sure I'll miss my kiddos during the day but once I get them all home (3 different schools) it gets VERY busy here, with homework and getting dinner ready. I enjoy this time to myself because it just gives me 'my time' to enjoy my workouts and listening to music 'I' like LOL, along with all the domestic chores I can do without it getting messed up right after I do them. I'm just honored that I can stay home after all those years of working outside the home...it's nice.

HI all! Well, last week I did run on Friday and did PP on Thursday, so that was good. This week I plan on doing something today I'm just not sure what. With the new kitten and all it's getting a bit crazy around here. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I can workout today. But it's not looking good. I just looked at the time and thought, gee, I still have the kids across the street coming over to meet the kitten. ha, ha! Oh well, such is life sometimes. But tomarrow I'm all over the running thing. I even bought running shoes, and now that I'm getting better at it it's far more enjoyable. So, really I can't complain too much right now.
Have a great week!

Kathy

Hi everyone, checking in finally. Last week was a bust. I only got three workouts done, and the last one was just half of KPC. For some reason, my heart rate was way up there (and this is a workout I do often) and I felt dizzy, so I had to stop. That was last Friday.

I got back to working out yesterday. Started with Circuit Max, which I haven't done in a year. Seemed to have more cardio than weights, so I finished off with C&W compound and heavy weights premix + abs. Today will be more cardio. Not sure which one. Maybe another mix and match of Cathe's workouts. I am getting bored with the workouts, my time is so limited, and my motivation has been shot for the longest time, that the only way I CAN workout is to do mish-moshes to make the workouts feel new.

Kathy, thanks for your thoughts on Montessori. My son is having a hard time adjusting to the new school, new classmates/teachers/rules that he tells me all the time he just wants to stay home. I hope this will pass in time. Our lives have been greatly altered by this change, and it seems my son is carrying some baggage from his constant visit to the director's office in his old daycare. I'm taking him to therapy next week in the hopes of getting that out of his system, and so I'd know what really went on when that director was with my kid. When your child keeps on referring to himself as "bad" when you as his mom NEVER does that because it's his behavior you describe when you're scolding him (vs. his person/being per se), you just know something's wrong. Whenever I hear my son saying this, I feel worms crawling in my belly and my knee-jerk reaction is to go to this director and show her how well I can do a roundhouse kick when my veins are pumped with adrenaline.

Anyway, the rest of the week will have some kind of heavy strength training and an endurance session, hopefully with some more cardio inserted. You all have a good workout, ladies.

Pinky

Hi everyone,

It's Wednesday morning and I just got through with my hi/lo workout, CIA 9807 w/ the Anderson sisters. Pretty fun workout considering it's mostly low impact and about 6 years old.

Yesterday was Pyramid Lower Body. Some of you might remember how I was complaining that my shins would burn so badly doing the ball work in the second part of the video. Well, I decided to do the substitute exercises using the high step instead of doing the ball exercises. When I would use the ball it was all in my shins and I wasn't feeling the workout where I was supposed to. Well, using the substitutions I did feel the moves in my glutes and hams and have some mild DOMS today to prove it. I guess my shins just don't like the ball!

Pinky- Sorry to hear that your son is having a difficult time right now. He may very well benefit from some therapy (hopefully it's play therapy) to help get those emotions out of himself. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Hugs to all!

Pinky I have had a somewhat similar situation happen here with teachers .
My oldest was put in a 3/4 grade class in which the teacher was a 4th grade hard as nails lady, my daughter had just turned 8. Anyway the lady was not used to working with some of the younger 8 yr olds, and had such a hard on for my dd. The teacher only lasted one school year with the 3rd graders as she went right back to teaching 4th graders the year after. Needless to say my bright, trusting, loving 14 yr old has been marked by her 3rd grade yr... I catch her calling herself dumb, stupid and forgetfull at times. This woman did such a job on my child's self esteem I just want to kill her. My hubby almost punched her after a couple of parent teacher conferences because of how she would talk to/about our daughter . We went and spoke with the school principal and did all we could do to get her out of this class. My daughter is a very sweet A student who has never been held back although her 3rd grade teacher felt that my dd should have repeated the 3rd grade due to being immature even though she excelled academically.

Funny how that teacher lives just 2 blocks away from us and every time I see her I always go into how our dd is doing so well and now in HS and how she basically F*u*c*k*ed up my dd 3rd grade expierience and marred her self esteem.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.