Shoulders yes...but what about hips?

Reese777

Cathlete
Hi Guys,

I've read the other post about rotator cuff issues, and in that a poster says their shoulder comes out of alignment alot....but what about hips? Anyone have trouble with their pelvic alignment?

I just started running again this week on the treadmill, and my right hip is singing to me. It feels like it's out of joint almost at times. Stairs are particularly painful at times, but only going UP.

Anyone else have hip troubles?

:-( waaaaa

My hips always hurt. They're sooooo tight. I've never had the feeling that's it is/has come out of joint but I'm always stretching them out to try and lessen the pain and tightness. Hope you feel better soon!

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Yes, and the chiropractor keeps them straightened out. I also started wearing custom made orthodics last spring and that helps as well.

Pay attention how you are sitting, standing and sleeping. It is my right hip that gives me problem. Well guess what, when I sit, I tend to sit with right leg over left, right hip jutting out, when driving same thing, I tend to have that hip shifted over. Even sleeping I bring that right leg up. So I have to always remind myself not to do that.

I just had my right hip replaced, so watch out for arthritis. I didn't know I even had it until much later, always excused it away. Not saying thats what is going on with you all. Just my 2 cents.

Tight muscles in the low back, quads, hamstrings, hip flexors or glutes can pull on the pelvis and shift it out of alignment. I'm currently seeing a physical therapist who specializes in "postural restoration" because I have suffered a series of injuries which may be the result of my postural/musculature(sp?) imbalances. Also, my left hip was clicking/snapping anytime I would do long lever core work and sometimes during kickboxing and it was really pissing me off.

I learned the hard way that running while your pelvis is out of alignment creates issues like you are describing. I would recommend a consult with a DR, PT or chiro just to see what you are dealing with.

Good luck!

JJ

You know, that really bums me because I have gone to a chiro for years, and until the past June I loved going to him. Then I realized he was screwing me on my insurance. So, I have no doc in that department now. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just see a new doctor, like it or not.

I do have issues with tight hamstrings, calves, etc...which has caused plantar troubles in the past. It's really painful when this happens tho, because I'll be doing fine and then move a certain way and YEOUCH!;(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.