Same side as Cathe?

ConnieSip

This may sound strange, but does everyone workout on the same leg or side as Cathe does?...When I workout with videos I like to be on the same side as the instructor, but it can get confusing when they say left and they are on their right...do you know what I mean?....Stacey

I work the same side as Cathe(mirror image). Cathe usually will say right or left side to que us, but in reality she is really woking her opposite for us. She wears a black band on her wrist to remind herself to call her opposite for us.

I don't pay aany attention to which side cathe is working. For lunges, I always put my right leg back first. For upper body exercises, I grab the dumbell and work whichever side is ready first.

Clare

I usually follow Cathe's mirror cuing (I'm just used to video instructors--the good ones anyway--saying "right" when they mean OUR right and their left). Though sometimes on lunges, for example, I'll start with my left leg forward, just to change things up.

I do like Kathryn, and go backwards sometimes. On Power Hour I don't want to always work the left quad second when I'm fatigued. So sometimes I'll do the opposite of what Cathe says to do }(

I notice Cathe starts with different legs back on different workouts so she's onto this too.

I mirror her for weights, but I'll be darned if this isn't the hardest thing in the world for me when doing step!! (new to Cathe...) I get all tangled up in which foot is supposed to be on the step, and when we cross over to the other side, like step knee straddle, shuffle home....OH DEAR LORD it takes me a while to get my feet right. LOL

Cathe moves fast so I will just take whatever foot comes first, but I try to mirror her too. My babies (dogs) always seem to have to pee when I start the workout...ugghh! So I am running outside half dressed in the snow trying to chase them back in the house while the commercial is on...sometimes I make it, sometimes not. Heck, at least I get alittle run in there too. ;-)
Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.