Red-faced!!

Juana

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with my face turning beet red when I exercise, whether it's running, step aerobics, weightlifting, etc. My entire body sweats except my face. I look as if I am suffering from heat stroke (but I am not). On average I drink 1/2 gal. of water per day, usually a bit more when I exercise. Am I not breathing right (I think I am)? Is it genetic? I've had this as long as I can remember. It's never bothered me before, but lately I've had people ask me, "Are you okay?" or they just stare at me as if to say, "You need to stop before your face explodes!" Does anyone else have this problem, and how do you deal with (or minimize) it?

Any insight is appreciated.

:-mad<---me

Hi, I also get very red faced with exercise, but I do sweat. I used to teach aerobics many moons ago and I always came out of class looking like I was going to pass out, but I felt fine. I not only get red, but I also get white around the mouth like when you're sick to your stomach, but I still feel fine. My 13 year old son also inherited this. He goes outside to play and comes in beet red. I have no idea what to do about it. I think a lot of it is skin coloring. My son and I both have fair skin and have always had this problem. My sister, my mother, and my oldest son have darker skin tones and they never look bad with exercise.

I believe it's genetic. I have it really bad too. I also turn really red when I'm embarrassed. My son definitely inherited it from me. When he is playing, his face turns super red and my friends ask me if he's sick! Try not to let it bother you. You're getting a great workout. Who cares how you look when you're doing it!

I get red-faced when I work out, too. In high school (years ago) after gym class, students would ask me if I have been to the tanner or if I am sunburnt. I always got a kick out of that. I think it does have to do with fair skin. I have fair skin.

Nikki

RE: BE PROUD - RED FACED WOMEN

I, too, turn the shade of a massive sunburn. I've sortof learned to use it as a barometer to gauge how hard I am working. The redder, the better. Bahahaha. My husband just looks at me when I'm done and says "Good one, hon?"

So far, like others here, I haven't noticed any ill effects from emulating a heat lamp!

D.

Thanks!

It's good to know I am not the only one. I was starting to wonder if I was from another planet. Thanks for all your replies :-cool.

Hi Juana!

I know this subject was discussed in the past year or so. You might want to do a search. If I have time later, I'll see if I can find it for you. Also, LOVED your "red face"! You--->:-mad.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hi Juana!

I like you have what I call "workout tomato face"! Everyone asked me if I was okay also (yes :-mad !!!). Thankfully now I workout at home and the only person to comment on my tomato face is my husband (in the kindest way of course)!

Hello, I just wanted to say that you may want to get your blood pressure checked. If this hasn't always happened, your blood pressure may get a little too high when you are exercising. : )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.