Re: Age--a really cool finding....

Gettingfit

Cathlete
I am doing a marketing research paper on Cathe's business. I had to discuss the "target market" of this business, so I pulled all of our ages from the "age(not that it matters)" thread. I was very happy to find that most of us are in our mid to late 30s, 40s & early 50s. I think it is AWESOME that we are so health conscious at this stage of our lives. Our physical health depends on being active. I was especially happy to see that a large portion of women here are in their mid to late 40s early 50s. It was encouraging to know that I can follow in their footsteps & look & feel great as I get older.

Thanks for being so open with your age!

Deborah

http://www.mindundermuscle.com/web pages/banners/HelpBanner.gif

Hi Deborah,
I love that there are so many of us in the same age range. It's empowering to have these woman as role models. They always amaze me.
Dawn

I feel the same way. I am so inspired and truthfully, in awe sometimes!

It gives me such hope for my own future, and forces me to take myself to the next step knowing that they have been there, done that, or are there and doing it! :)

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

I have to agree with you.It is great that you guys are so fit.I am not in the target market b/c I am 24 but I hope that when I get in the "target market" I will be able to work out as I do now.Or as you guys do.I am always afraid that after I get a certain age I will throw it all down.Hopefully Cathe will keep the workouts rolling until she is 88yr:7
LOri

> I have to agree with
>you.It is great that you
>guys are so fit.I am
>not in the target market
>b/c I am 24 but
>I hope that when I
>get in the "target market"
>I will be able to
>work out as I do
>now.Or as you guys do.I
>am always afraid that after
>I get a certain age
>I will throw it all
>down.Hopefully Cathe will keep the
>workouts rolling until she is
>88yr:7
> LOri

Actually, Lori, the age thing was a very small part of the "target market" that I discuss in my paper. The true target market is based on level of exercise capability. Cathe targets the advanced stepper & strength trainer. If you are at that level, then you are in the "target" of her business. The age thing was just a side note in my paper that I found to be very interesting & on a personal note found it to be inspiring. And quite honestly a little surprising.

I don't have the numbers right in front of me--I'm working on my paper on my laptop--I'll share the most recent results for everyone later.

http://www.mindundermuscle.com/web pages/banners/HelpBanner.gif

I plan on being able to do I-Max and all other Cathe workouts when I'm in my '90's!

I read about two extremely cool women a few weeks ago, one of whom is a 64-year-old competitive power lifter, and the other of whom is an 81-year-old marathon runner who began running when she was 57, and ran distances as part of her recovery from a radical mastectomy - in 1997.

Now I know who I want to be when I grow up . . .

A-jock

Aquajock

I remember a few years ago reading about a 64 year old woman who cross-country skied to the North Pole.

I'm sure all the polar ice will be gone from global warming in 20 years, so I need not aspire to that, but it really impressed me. The woman looked fantastic. So much energy. She became my standard-bearer.

I'm in my late 30s and was also glad to see how many people were my age or older. I work with a lot of under-25s and also teach a college class part time, so I'm not around a lot of people in my own age group, and most of the ones I know aren't too into fitness. (Except one guy I know who can basically run a marathon without training, so I suspect he's a cyborg. And he has the Arnold Schwarzenegger accent to prove it.) Anyway, it's good to know you're out there somewhere...

Audrey

Yes, I was really psyched when I read that thread and saw that so many people were in their 40s! I feel better now than I did at 25 (when I got very little exercise and [horrors] still smoked!) My life is so much better now!

Why limit yourself to mid-60's. My father is 71 and still rides his bike 5 miles to work, and is active gardening. In my masters swim group we had an 87 year gentleman who was all of our inspirations. He got cancer and has since passed, but he was in the water swimming one month before he died and was cheerful and loved being there.

I say keep going till you can't go no more.

41 and in better shape than when I was 21!

Dorothy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.