Questions...

chefling

Cathlete
Q1 - Is anyone here over 48? I'll be 50 this year and wondered if anyone else here is struggling with the same age issues that I am. Weight that won't leave, skin that ripples, dimples and sags? Hunger that never ceases? Diminished drive to succeed and stay on program?

Q2 - Does eating clean also inlcude protein bars and shakes? To me they are processed and therefore wouldn't apply but they are a quick source of protein.

Q3 - I am showing good definition in my upper body but from my waist to my knees it's mostly fat. What if I continued to lift 2xweek for upper body then used running as my lower body exercise. Would it help or hinder my progress towards losing?

Thanks!

Hi Carol. I can only answer question 1. Yes, I am going to be 53. Yes, my weight won't leave, but I haven't been eating very well lately. I attibute that to my diminished drive to succed and stay on program. A big fat yes to all of Q1.

Hi Carol - I think you'll find a fair few people over 48.:) I'm 44 so I can't speak to the first question.

As to the second question - protein bars and shakes aren't truly considered "clean" because they are so processed, but lots of people here swear by them! I think if you incorporate them into an otherwise clean diet, you'll be okay.

As for using running as your lower body workout, I don't think you'll get the definition you're looking for without doing something in addition to running - some kind of lower body weight work. I can do cardio until the cows come home, but unless I add in some lower body weight work, I still have lots of jiggle.

HTH!

Thank you Ladies for your response,

Robin, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this aging weight syndrome. Not that I wish this struggle on anyone else but knowing someone else is in their fighting this battle with me somehow makes it easier.

Shelley, Thanks for the honest evaluation. I guess I know you are right and eventually the lower body will slim down if I continue doing the right things. I was just hoping to 'rush' this through for bathing suit season.

Not that I just started working on this, I've been lifting weights for almost 30 years and while I've been down in size, I've never seen the development in my legs that I've always wanted. Mostly because the body fat is still there. I'm not giving up though. Someday before I die!

Thank you guys!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.