Question for clarisonic mia users

Um - no. I use it to wash my face, makeup and all. That's also how I've seen it adverstised to be used. I use it twice a day - when I wash my face at night and then again in the morning. I don't see the point of washing your face twice (unless you wear heavy makeup). The only exception would be if I'm wearing waterproof mascara - that I remove first, but mainly because you have to.

Like NY25, I use mine to wash my face and I think it does a great job. I don't use a lot of heavy makeup, though. I use a gentle cleanser by Estee Lauder instead of the clarisonic cleansers, too, because it isn't as drying. (I have the classic one, not the mia, but I don't think that matters.)

I've always used it to remove my makeup and it does a great job! I'm afraid my face would be dryer if I washed it twice. I do use another cleanser to remove my mascara though since you can't use the Clarisonic on your eyes! OUCH! LOL!

I use Johnson's baby shampoo to remove all my makeup. It is non-drying, easy on the eyes, and my makeup slips right off in about 5 seconds. Then I use the Clarisonic with my normal cleanser. The baby shampoo recommendation is from the famous Bobbi Brown. I think she has her own skin care line now, but years ago that's what she said she used.

I'll admit - I run the Clarisonic right over my eyes, too. I don't let it linger there, but I run right over them to take off my makeup. No problems at all.

Do you rinse your clarisonic mia after each use?

I know that your soppose to wash your brush weekly with soapy water, how about after each use...do you just rinse it out? What do you use to clean your brush weekly?

lulu68 said:
I know that your soppose to wash your brush weekly with soapy water, how about after each use...do you just rinse it out? What do you use to clean your brush weekly?

Keeping the brush clean is the main reason I don't use it to remove my makeup. I remove the brush head a couple times a week and rinse it, and the unit, in very hot water. You could wash it with whatever soap you use to wash your makeup brushes.

**I always rinse after each use as well!

Last edited:
I just rinse it after each use and use my fingers to rub the bristles clean. Periodically I remove the head and rinse everything all out. That's it. No problems.

All this Clarisonic Mia talk...I've been officiall enabled and bought it just now. Skinstore.com is having a promo this weekend, use promo code CUPID20 and get 20% off and free shipping on orders over $49.00. It worked for my Mia purchase. :) I'm excited to get mine. :)

All this Clarisonic Mia talk...I've been officiall enabled and bought it just now. Skinstore.com is having a promo this weekend, use promo code CUPID20 and get 20% off and free shipping on orders over $49.00. It worked for my Mia purchase. :) I'm excited to get mine. :)

Did you receive yours yet nclnc? I ordered mine on V~Day and have been waiting to get an email saying it has been shipped:confused: SO, I called this morning only to find out they are mailing it out TODAY! UGH!! I asked if I could just put a 2nd day airship and they said they would (I purchased it directly from clairisonic). They told me they build them as they are ordered...?? Anyway, I am so excited and cannot wait to get it! How do you like yours?

I have the classic Clarisonic, not the Mia so I'm not sure if there's a difference but I use it to remove make up and cleanse in one step. I was using eye makeup remover but now I don't. I think I was tugging on the delicate eye area more that way than using the Clarisonic. Like NY25, I use it over my eyes and it's much gentler than using a tissue or cotton ball w/ the eye makeup remover. I have the most gentle brush though so maybe using a harsher brush then it wouldn't be good to use around the eyes. For you girls just getting yours, you'll love it. It kind of makes the dreaded chore of washing your face a little more fun ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.