a question

mandy2

I sort of have an embarrassing question. Since the summer is now upon us I like many of you I am sure like to lay out in the sun and sunbathe. I was wondering if any of you tend to sweat alot when you lay out. For me when I go to the beach it is kind of embarrassing when I am just laying there and sweat is dripping down my chest. I wear plenty of sunscreen, but I just feel rather unattractive especially when I am at the beach. If this only happens to me then what do any of you suggest I do? Or is sweating while sunbathing supposed to be part of the experience?

Hi Mandy!

Don't be embarrased. Sweating is definitley normal when you are laying in the sun, especially if you are wearing any kind of lotion or suncreen. (I wouldn't use that as an excuse NOT to wear suncreen though. I wish I had in my younger years!;-)) The humidity level has a lot to do with how much some people sweat also. I remember going to my sis's house in Florida one year in August. I hadn't layed out more then 5 minutes and my belly button was full of sweat! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Probably more then you wanted me to share but I just didn't want you to think that something was wrong. Sweating is normal!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hi Mandy!

Hi Mandy!! Great name!! I named my daughter Amanda(goes by Mandy). Of course, she'll be 13 this week and is now getting to not like her name! Oh well. Anyway, I sweat buckets when I sunbathe!! I lay out for 30 on most days, and when I come back inside, I look and feel like I just worked out! Don't worry, you're normal:)!

Aimee

RE: Hi Mandy!

It is nice to know that the same thing happens to others. You all described it perfectly I like yourselves go back inside looking like I just had a tough workout. I don't know about the rest of you but I kinda like the feeling of putting my Bikini one and laying under the sun while it beats down on you and you feel the sweat roll down your chest and stomach like you are basting (sp?). The thing was that I didn't see anyone else sweating under the sun at the beach. Does anyone know if you get a better tan that way when your body is sweating?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.