Police Everywhere!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
I got up this morning to go get the paper and there were at least 8 police cars up and down the street with the main street blocked off!!! I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood, but just a block off one of the main streets thru town. Then I realize there are 2 officers standing in the yards across the way with a rifle! So I get my paper and go back in. I kept peeking out the window, I'm nosy, and eventually they put a guy in a police car. That car leaves and all the others stay? So I call DH, and he said when he left for work they were all out there, too, and more! Said they had the K9's out and were on foot with flashlights. (still dark when he leaves for work) And now there is a FOX news helicopter out there. So I switched over to that channel and they are saying something about a possible robbery and stay inside!!

You know, before I got out of bed, I was all comfy rollled up like a burrito in the blankets, I should have stayed there!!! I don't wanna be here and I don't want to leave to go to work , what if some creepy person breaks into my house - although doubtful with all the police out there. See, now I'm just being paranoid!

Nan

That's pretty freaky Nan! At least you have all those police there now, so you will be more than safe leaving for work. :)

I'm not trying to freak you out, but make sure all your doors and windows are locked.
Several years ago, I woke up to the sounds of a helicopter looming overhead. It was early morning, but still dark out. I could see they were shining a spot light down on our apartment complex. All of a sudden, I hear someone trying to open my patio sliding door. It was not locked, but I had a board in the track. They left the door open 2"(as far as it could open with the board). Someone running from the police was trying to take cover in my apartment!

My husband was out of town at the time and I was too scared to stay alone after that. I went to my sister's house until DH came home.

If I were your husband, I'd wake you up first before leaving!:confused:

Give you the opportunity of not being along at a time like that. Yes, police were right outside your door, but...

Glad you are safe, that's the important thing.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
If I were your husband, I'd wake you up first before leaving!:confused:

Give you the opportunity of not being along at a time like that. Yes, police were right outside your door, but...

Glad you are safe, that's the important thing.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hubby knows better to wake me up in the morning, esp on my sleep in day!! He would be needing the police if he woke me up early. I'm a bit of a grouch in the morning, especially if I get woken up. If the house isn't burning down, leave me alone!!

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.