please send good vibes tomorrow....

Gettingfit

Cathlete
I'm taking the law school admissions test tomorrow morning. I AM FREAKING OUT! I have wanted to be a lawyer my whole life (well most of it anyway). I have put it off due to being a high school drop out, getting married & having a baby, living all over the world with my Air Force husband & then wanting to be home when my daughter needed me most (her early teenage years). Now, my daughter is grown (17), my husband is retired & I've got so much college education I could scream--I'm finishing my MBA in May. So, I'm taking the plunge.

I've started my applications so they will go out within the next week or two, my transcripts are all into the law school data service, I've gotten my 2 letters of recommendation & I take this exam tomorrow.

I feel like my whole life depends on this & I'm afraid I'm going to blow it. I got a study guide & read the whole damn thing. I've practiced until I just can't look at it anymore & my practice test scores have not gotten any better than when I started (around 149--not great). There's no way in he-- I'm going to get accepted with crappy scores. And the test has nothing to do with law school--it doesn't test any basic knowledge of the law. It tests your analysis skills and reading comprehension. But even the reading comprehension isn't truly comprehension. They want you to guess what the writer might be feeling about a topic & stuff like that.

To combat the stress, I've been exercising like I'm training for some sort of exercise marathon. I lifted heavier today than I ever have & I feel really good physically. Emotionally, I'm a wreck!

So, I need good vibes for tomorrow. I have to be there no later than 8:30, so I'm assuming we'll start at 9. I won't be done until 1:30 or so.

Thanks everyone!
Deborah

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

Good luck! I have never taken the LSAT, but I worked as a testing administrator and proctor when I was a graduate student. The thing I remember most about the LSAT was having to go around with a stamp pad because test takers had to put their fingerprint on the test. Remember this, as a reminder to not engage in any criminal activity in the future (no bank robbing!).

Hi Deborah,

Sending you masses of trans-Atlantic <<<<CYBER-VIBES>>>>> and all the luck in the world.
I will be in a similar situation in a few years myself, when I apply to University to do the degree in Archaeology I have wanted to do since the age of 14.

I have complete faith in you and I know you will do well, as it sounds like it is something you have always wanted to do. As your signature goes, this is YOUR next step - GO for it !

Anna :)

RE: VIBES VIBES VIBES . . .

~~~~~ and they're all good ~~~~~

Deborah - you rawk! You'll do fine. Let it go for the evening, have a good relaxing time doing whatever, and clean out your brain for the LSAT tomorrow. GOOD WORK, LADY!!!!!

~~~ vibes ~~~

A-jock

RE: Good luck!

Good luck Deborah!!! Sending you all the good vibes I can muster up!!! I betcha anything, you'll do better than you think. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning!

Sherry:)

All the best to you, Deborah.

Good vibes and a peaceful mind.

I'm sending my wishes for a restful evening and night and lots of wise energy tomorrow!

-joy

Deborah, from a fellow high-school-dropout (who's going back to college currently), good luck! I will be thinking about you tomorrow morning.

Deborah,

Good luck! If you can get through college, undergrad degrees, masters' degrees, having children, moving all over the world, and having a retired husband, the LSAT will be a piece of cake for you.

Think of it as surviving IMax. And when you get to the last 25 questions and you think you can't go anymore, think of Cathe saying "you're gonna make it!" Take a deep breath, look up at the ceiling for a few seconds, stretch your legs and arms, and get refocused. Dive back in. It will be over soon!

149 is a respectable score. That's above average (at least it was when I took it). You can get into some really reputable schools with a 149, especially with all of your other degrees, family history, and background, the LSAT is no biggie. These days law schools are placing less on LSAT scores anyway (except for the Harvards and Yales--they have statistics to uphold).

If you don't know the answer, you can always make an educated guess! You have a one in four chance of being correct and even better if you can weed one or two bogus answers out. Imagine if the odds were so high in the lotto!

Don't study tonight! Watch a movie and relax--forget about it until tomorrow when you wake up and then get psyched.

I'll be thinking of you! Good luck!

Cruncholi (LSAT and NYS bar exam survivor)

Good Luck tomorrow! :)

Try to relax as much as possible tonight, and don't forget to eat something in the morning! Studies have shown that people test better when they have a good breakfast, so no matter how many butterflies are in there, tell em to move over for a good breakfast! :)

We'll all be pulling for you :)

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Hey Deborah!

I know you won't be done til about 1:30, but please check in with us when you get home. I've been thinking of you all morning. Any SPECIAL workout planned for today to celebrate or are you going to reward yourself by taking a day off???

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hey Deborah!

Hi Deborah! I just read your thread and think you are about getting done with the test. Please report back and tell us how it went as soon as possible. I'm sure you did GREAT! Heather

Hi Debbie,

I am sending good luck from Louisiana!! I am sure you will do well if you chill out and relax and have a fun evening! Good luck, You will do great :)

let us know how u do

Candy :)

I just read your post Deborah and I realize that you are done with the test by now. You won't know how you did for some time. Just relax and enjoy the fact that it's over! Congratulations on getting through the LSAT!! :-jumpy
-Nancy

I had to go to a 4 year old birthday party immediately following the exam. I have no idea how I did. I felt so much pressure! The proctors were very rude--stood next to my desk & talked a couple of times. I wanted to scream "shut up, shut up, shut up!" I can call & get my results early--Janaury 4th. This will be the longest 4 weeks of my life! If I did really poorly, I will get another study guide & take it again on February 8.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'll let you know how I did on the 4th!!

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-02 AT 01:59PM (Est)[/font][p]Deborah, you said: "I had to go to a 4 year old birthday party immediately following the exam."
I'm guessing the food was kind of stale when you got to the party, no? (Gee, I crack myself up! :D )

I'm sure your results will be good after all that studying! :D
Congratulations on completing the exam!!!
-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.