Pilates? Add to routine?

MRSchultz

Cathlete
Hi everybody:

I have been watching the infomercial on Windsor Pilates and it looks like it might be a great additional to my Cathe tapes.

Has anybody bought those and tried them? What did you think? I'd love some feedback before I decide whether or not to order them.

I figured that it would be great to get some extra work with my core and flexibility.

Thanks for any input.

Marcia :)

Hi Marcia,

I've recently added Pilates to my routine and LOVE it. A new thing to progress in and it feels so good to my core area. I don't have Windsor Pilates, I chose Ana Caban's intermediate mat workout. My personal recommendation is to head on over to www.collagevideo.com and watch the streaming video clips from the various Pilates videos and just choose the instructor you think you'd most like to spend time with. --Karen

I bought the Windsor Pilates tapes that are shown on tv. I think there were 3 tapes: an instructional video, a quick 20-min workout, and an advanced video.

The instructional tape showed how to do the moves which was helpful since I never really did them. The 20-min tape worked off the moves you learned in the instructional tape. I found it to be boring! It went by slowly. By the time Mari Windsor gave modification info, you were already half done the move. You only did one set and a few reps of each move. I found many of the moves to be easy- I just didn't feel it. Some ab moves were tougher. But I kept thinking of other exercises that worked my muscles better.

Needless to say, I sent mine back (there's a 30-day guarantee). For that amount of money (around $45?), I was disappointed.
I'm not saying Pilates is not effective though! I would suggest, like the other poster said, look at collagevideo.com because there are a lot of cheaper videos that show the same moves.

The Method Pilates tapes are pretty cheap and you can buy them at Target/Wal-Mart, etc. and they're as good as anything else on the market.

I think Pilates is wonderful! However, I didn't care for Mari Winsor's instruction. She goes much too quickly, and Pilates is a process which can't be rushed. I LOVE Hillary Burnet; her visualizations are wonderful. Stott and Mari Winsor would be next in my choices. Learn the basics whatever you do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.