Patrick Goudeau's Not Your Momma's Step

I haven't tried it but I love all of the Patrick dvd's that I have. He is complex, don't know if you have tried him before. I love his personality.
LD

I just checked out the preview. It looks similar to his Step Up. I have that one - the choreography was a blast, but it just didn't get my heart rate up. In fact, I barely broke a sweat once I learned the moves. If you get "Momma", post a review and let us know how it is!

Is it very hard to learn? For example, I have Cathe's Rhythmic Step down pat, but I'm still struggling with the Higher Imapact Step from 4-Day Split.

Well I'd be lying if I said it was simple to learn, Patrick doesn't do simple! However, I think that breaks down the moves very well into smaller segments. Cathe has done that in previous workouts, but not so much in 4DS, IMHO, so the choreography was a bit tougher to learn. That seems to be the trend lately, Amy's ASCII did the same thing----the individual moves weren't complicated, but if you string enough "easy" moves together it makes the whole section tricky. That said, I probably got about 80 to 90% of the Patrick workout choreography by the second try, and I don't have 100% of Cathe's Higher impact step after 4 or 5 tries.

I'm on the side that doesn't like his workouts so much. I've done and mastered Cathe's Rhythmic Step (not right away, but I have fun doing trying it), and HIS and LIS from 4DS. But I tried to do a Patrick Step workout on Fit TV and was TOTALLY lost. TOTALLY. it was the most frustrating thing!

He seems fun to do a workout to, but very complex choreography IMO..

~Chris

Lori: Thanks, now I don't feel so bad.
cataddict and Chris: Thank you both for your input. Still on the fence on this one, but if I find it for a good price, I think I'll get it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.