P90x cardio and core synergistics

akizora

Cathlete
I was thinking of purchasing one of these videos separately on Amazon (not ready to buy the whole series yet.) Has anyone done these and could describe them? I'm always looking for sweaty cardio or stuff to flatten the abs. Thanks!
Amy
:+

Hi Amy,

I think core synergistics is awesome! It's really tough and it gets my heartrate up. It includes all kinds of non-crunch moves. Some that come to mind are:

Superman-Banana: Start on your stomach, in superman pose, then roll over onto your back, trying to keep your arms and legs off the floor the whole time. Go back and forth.

Dreya rolls: From a standing position, sit down on the floor and roll back to your shoulders. Then roll back up and stand up (or jump! if you're able to).

I wouldn't really recommend Cardio outside of using it with the whole set. It's great for doing P90X, because you want to do lower intensity cardio so you don't lose muscle. I don't think it's that much fun, but hopefully you'll get other opinions. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it. It starts with some yoga, and then kenpo (karate moves, really simple), and then plyometrics.

I wish you could watch clips! That's a big problem for me with Beach Body. They really should come into modern day e-tailing and let us see a preview!

Good luck!
Tonya

I have the set and haven't done the cardio yet but the core synergistics is hard. It sort of reminds me of the old style workouts I did back in high school when I did gymnastics and track and field. I remember how hard they were with no short cuts or cheating room. That is what that workout is like, the old style workouts you don't see anymore and they are tough. Yes your heart rate will rise and if you are like me, you wont be able to finish the set (just yet).
I felt like I had a satisying workout with that.

The whole series from what I tried is tough. It is not a routine like you find in most workouts. The style is as though you are working out in a gym at your pace with your weights. So I would try that one to start, I will probibly do the cardio one this week and I will let you know.

Cardio X does nothing for me. However, I love CS!!!! It's a great workout. Not strictly cardio though, but I wouldn't classify it as AWT either. It really works the core. You do various forms of pushups: stacked foot staggered hand, prison cell, balance, walking; lots of core work: bananna rolls, superman/bananna, plank to chatarunga run; leg work with lunges. This one gets the hear rate up and I love it. Again Cardio X ehh, but PlyoX eowww! That's a good cardio workout!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

I agree with Tonya.
Core Synergistics is unique, tough and effective.
Cardio is fine in the context of an entire P90X rotation (where it's lower intensity fits well), but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it as a stand-alone.

I agree with others here that core is much much much better than cardio X and not to mention longer. Cardio X is only around 43 min and core is an hour. It uses weights too an overall body burner. If you can get your hands on plyo X it would so be worth it. Like Tony says it is the mother of all the x workouts. Good luck!
Laura

I have the whole P90X series and love Core Synergistics. As others have said, it's very unique and it seems to hit a little bit of everything. While it's not billed as a cardio workout, I find my heartrate gets up there pretty good.

ETA - To reiterate what a few others have said, if you want good, sweaty P90X cardio, get PlyoX. YOWZA!!

I just got P90x for my DS and LOVE it.

Did Core Synergistics last night what an amazing workout. That aerilist is she amazing or what and the muscular guy- wow!

Did Kempo the night before and LOVED that too. I got a great workout. I've also been doing some Turbo Jam (talk about different styles!).

So many choices.... THANKS for everyone recommending this series

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.