Outlook Express problem

Netta

Cathlete
Okay, my main computer problem:... My Outlook Express keeps crashing before I can receive my email. I've checked for viruses and I don't have any (according to Norton). The only program disk I have is the one that my computer package came with and it's a restore all type, not individual files to reload. I'm running Windows ME. Is there a free download I can do to check and repair or reload my Outlook Express?

The error message I get says "Msimn has caused an error in DIRECTCB.Dll. Msimn will now close.

If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer

To deal with this, I've done the "System Go Back" function, which doesn't seem to be working any more.

Any ideas to fix this?

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette

Have you called your Tech for your internet service to see if they can help in any way?

Also a few yrs ago, we had ME and the Nortons Anti-virus I was using wasn't able to detect the 2 viruses our computer had, I had to go onto the symantec web site and do a deep virus check and thats when I found the viruses, BUT, I knew with the problems I was having at the time, that there was a virus, my anti-virus just wasn't finding it.

I wish you the best in finding the problem...

Rhonda:7

Duh, I hadn't even thought of calling tech support. I have it in my mind that something's wrong with the program. Another thing I can't do is delete my old emails so I have a TON of them. I'll try the symantec web site.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming.

Jeanette

I've got to leave to go to work now, but this is exactly the problem I'm having. I'll check it out when I get home this afternoon. Thanks, Carol!

Jeanette

Your problem may be with Norton Security. I had to get rid of it a few months ago because after a Norton update, I could not receive email. If you do a web search, you will find that Norton can be a problem for some. I now use Trend Micro PC-cillin and that solved the problem.

Lisa

Carole,
Your link worked! My email is now working perfectly! Thanks so much for your help. What would I do without you guys?

Jeanette :7 :7 :7

>Carole,
>Your link worked! My email is now working perfectly! Thanks
>so much for your help. What would I do without you guys?
>
>Jeanette :7 :7 :7

I am so happy it worked for you Jeanette...:7 :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.