Oily Face

randidiane

Cathlete
Does anyone know of a good product to help an oily face b/4 putting makeup on By the end of the day may face is so oily even on my eye lids that my makeup gets into my eyes and it burns so bad. It SUCKS!. Also I might just need some eye makeup for sensitive eyes
TIA
Randi

Randi, I used to have an oily face too and tried so many products over the years. I found the only products that worked for me and that didn't make me break out was Alouette (sp?)and Mary Kay. I find now that I'm nearing the end of my thirties my skin has turned more combination to dry though.

Both of the product lines I mentioned are only sold through home sales. I used to sale MK but don't anymore and only use if for personal use and won't let anything else touch my skin.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other suggestions.

Hi Randi,

I don't have any advice to offer on specific products, but you might want to do a Product Reviews search on makeupalley.com. I bet that if you search under makeup primers, you'll find some products that might work.

Good luck!:)

ETA: Yes, definitely check out Dr. Baumann's book _The Skin Type Solution_! I've been using her product recommendations for almost two years now, and have had great success in getting some of my skin problems to go away!

Hi!

I've been fed up with my oily skin as well as my larg-ish pores, which seem to be geting worse as I'm getting older (I'll be 37!) I took the advice of some of the knowledgable people on these forums and read "The Skin Type Solution" by Dr. Baumann. While I'm still not exactly sure what my official skin type is according to this book (I'm seem to fluctuate between 3), the one piece of advice that really seems to be working is to NOT use moisturizer during the day, not even ones labeled oil-free or for oily skin. I've just been using Neutrogena Dry-Touch sunblock, and my skin has been so much better! And of course I'm never without those oil-blotting sheets, but now I only use one instead of two or three to blot, and the one just gets half-used.

Just thought I'd share!

Aimee

Hi Randi,

I understand where you are coming from. I'm 46 and believe it or not, I still have oily skin. It's actually ok now because it means less wrinkles!!! :)

I never used moisturizer and even now I only use it around my eyes. I use an oil control astringent before I put on my makeup which helps and use a loose powder to control the shine during the day.
For my eyelids I use an eye primer by Paula Dorf. You can order it through Sephora. It's a little pricey but it lasts forever and really helps to keep your eye makeup in place. BTW..I never use cream eye shadow or blush. I always use powder.

HTH,

I also find that using the oil absorbing blot sheets a few time during the day really helps to control things.

You can find them at Sephora or Ulta (have never checked at drugstores...). You can get them either without powder, or with a little. I prefer having a little powder on them so you have more of a matte finish after you use them.

These things have become a staple in my purse!

Dh has oily skin and has really been glad for the oil-absorbing sheets. I forget the brand but they should be at any grocery store.

PS - He would *kill* me for "tattling" on his beauty secret! LOL!

I have terribly oily skin and I have found that Clinique's line of products work well. I use the soap for oily skin, the toner #4 and then there are a variety of different oil control products you can use. They have a Pore Minimizer line that has an "Instant Perfecter" for oil control or you can use the "T-Zone Shine Control Gel" for oil control. Both work fantastic. I prefer the instant perfecter. They also have a skin refining lotion that I use at night that has actually made my pores tighten...hard to believe but true. Their Acne Solutions line has a "Daytime Shield" product that controls oil too. I don't use moisturizer (their step #3 after toner) very often. As far as foundation, I have just started using their SuperFit line. I have only used it twice with great results.

I know that the products can get a little pricey but it is worth it. I know that having oily skin can be a downer. I hope this helps.

RE: Oily Face/acne kits

Thank you guys for your help:) I use to use Proactive, it worked but got a little pricey each month. So I found this product comparable to Proactive called "Acne Free" I hardly breakout but it's not helping the oil, maybe I need a new kit. There are all sorts of kits like from Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, maybe they help acne and oil better I'm so frustrated!! I only use Bare essentials for my face and there eyeshadow which works great but I need my oily skin to calm downx(

Definitely read Dr. Baumann's Skin Type Solution. It has done wonders for my oily, acne prone skin. I wish I had read it years ago. My skin is so controlled now that I rarely wear makeup other than mascara.

Just bought the Touch Base for Eyes from Clinique two days ago bec they promised me it would work and prevent creasing. It truly does. After 8 hours my eyelids still looked like I had just done my makeup. And yesterday was 88 where I am. I was so happy, yet a little disappointed that I had not tried it sooner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.