Which nut is the least fattening?

Almonds are definitely less fattening then walnuts IIRC but I know NOTHING about the nutritional value of chestnuts....HMMMM....??

Great guesses :)....but the answer is a Chestnut! However, walnuts and almonds offer a bit more nutritionally! Thanks for playing along with me :D

Of those three, I'd say chestnut.
(Though, according to the advertisements, the lucious pistachio is the lowest-fat nut).

ETA: I DID post my answer before looking at the others! LOL!

Laura came by to take class with me and surprised me with a jar. I don't quite remember where she said she got it (Wegmans? Whole Foods? Trader Joes). It is by Sunland and called Banana Natural :)

Nothing a little investigating on the internet can't fix! Thanks Cathe! :)

ETA:: I found it and wow! They have several flavors! I might have to try them all! ;)

Last edited:
So the consensus is, roasted chestnuts are yucky. I wonder how on earth they became a holiday treat?????????

Glad you like the banana PB, Cathe. :) I still like PB & Co. better though. I think the consistency is creamier & smoother.

Hey, for the 1st time I actually had roasted chestnuts cooked over a campfire this weekend and they were DELISH.:)

Thanks. That looks different from what I found...I wonder if it's the same thing in different packaging? Oh who cares...it all looks yummy!:D

it's $24 for a 6 pack plus shipping! wow!
Maybe one could just squish up some bananas and mix it with peanut butter? That'd be cheaper. lol

Or you could squish up bananas and mix it up with that powdered peanut butter called PB2( http://www.bellplantation.com/ ), which is lower in fat. I have some at home(I don't really like it, but had to buy 6 of them so I have a bunch), so I might just do that!

That'll be my breakfast tomorrow! Hmmm, don't know if I have bananas at home though...:confused:.

So the consensus is, roasted chestnuts are yucky. I wonder how on earth they became a holiday treat?????????
What consensus? I saw one post that said they were yucky. As I recall, they were quite tasty (but easy to eat too many of, then hard on the digestion).

I had roasted chestnuts at Christmas-time in London. There were vendors with rolling carts on the street corners selling bags of roasted chestnuts. You held the bag in your hands to warm them while the nuts cooled off enough to eat. Finally, before the nuts cooled off too much (best eaten when warm) you eat the nuts. Yummy!
The whole experience was lovely and I repeated it every time I was in London! I highly recommend it.
Wishing I could have some now........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.