Which nut is the least fattening?

Oh my......I would have absolutely loved having the real version of roasted chestnuts in France or London! I make my own version of roasted chestnuts in the oven every year -- it's a wonderful delicious Christmas tradition. I just make a cross on the top of the chestnut, place them in a shallow pan then pop them into preheated oven (425 degrees) for about 20 minutes. When the skin is peeled back a bit I know they are done. Yum.

Oh.....and I while I make them I sing along with Nat King Cole blasting... "Chestnuts roating on an open fire......Jack Frost nipping on your nose..." No one seems to mind too much. ;)

What consensus? I saw one post that said they were yucky. As I recall, they were quite tasty (but easy to eat too many of, then hard on the digestion).

Oh my goodness, I made a mistake. A pox on me! I guess I should get coal in my stocking for that. :D

llp, $24 for 6 jars of PB isn't so bad. $4 a jar............PB & Co. is $6 a jar where I live. And the reason why I won't squish up bananas & put them in PB is I do a low carb diet, bananas have a lot of carbs (about 35 grams). The PB is relatively low carb (about 11 grams per serving, although one serving--2 tablespoons--doesn't cut it for my appetite ;)). That's why I love PB so much--high protien, relatively low cal, good fat & low carb.

it's $24 for a 6 pack plus shipping! wow!
Maybe one could just squish up some bananas and mix it with peanut butter? That'd be cheaper. lol

Or you could squish up bananas and mix it up with that powdered peanut butter called PB2( http://www.bellplantation.com/ ), which is lower in fat. I have some at home(I don't really like it, but had to buy 6 of them so I have a bunch), so I might just do that!

That'll be my breakfast tomorrow! Hmmm, don't know if I have bananas at home though...:confused:.

I ate oatmeal for breakfast every day for a loooong time before I finally got tired of it and had to switch it up for a bit. When i did though I always put p/b in it and for a while I DID mash up half a banana and throw that in too and it was definitely yummy! I actually wanted to order the dark chocolate p/b once I went on the site and saw what they offered! Banana is BORING compared to CHOCOLATE! lol I'm sure they are all yummy though.

I ate oatmeal for breakfast every day for a loooong time before I finally got tired of it and had to switch it up for a bit. When i did though I always put p/b in it and for a while I DID mash up half a banana and throw that in too and it was definitely yummy! I actually wanted to order the dark chocolate p/b once I went on the site and saw what they offered! Banana is BORING compared to CHOCOLATE! lol I'm sure they are all yummy though.

Wendy, you should be able to get that locally. PB & Co. makes a dark chocolate & a white chocolate flavored PB. Sooooooooooo good! I've found it at Kings, the Foodtown & the A&P (altho I think they're going out of business?). They also make cinnamon raisin & some other kind of weird spicy PB. Check your grocery store. At least you can get it without paying for shipping, or waiting for it! :)

Wendy, you should be able to get that locally. PB & Co. makes a dark chocolate & a white chocolate flavored PB. Sooooooooooo good! I've found it at Kings, the Foodtown & the A&P (altho I think they're going out of business?). They also make cinnamon raisin & some other kind of weird spicy PB. Check your grocery store. At least you can get it without paying for shipping, or waiting for it! :)

Thanks. I'll check it out! I shop at Pathmark normally and they don't carry it. Booh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.